The online racing simulator
Render help needed
(5 posts, started )
Render help needed
Select the wheels (I'd guess one is enough since probably all the wheels use the same material).

Press "m" for the material editor.

Click "get material" (the ball with the arrow pointing towards it).

Select "selected" in the "browse from" menu.

Drag the material to a slot.
Got the material thing sorted but im rubbish and cant work out what to change or how not to make them chrome and simply make them a different colour. Any ideas?
Attached images
3dmax.jpg
well for one, i suggest you press F10 and change the production renderer to scanline (Default)[its at the very bottom of common tab] so you can see the materials you are working with (and then go back to brazil for the rendering if you want)

unfortunately i believe he uses brazil presets so you cant do anything with those in scanline, so basically with his whole scene thing.. when it comes to messing with materials, your screwed, because you cant see any materials (not even the materials it supports.. kinda ironic isnt it?)

what i suggest is just reset the scene, and make a scene similar to that of a car, with a ground plain, and an overlight plain, and just mess around with the materials until you get what you want (on a sphere or something you can apply this to to get the round effect of a wheel) and save the material library (MTL editor in material choice list) and save it, then drag and paste into the wheel material
-
(Zonda) DELETED by Zonda
#5 - Gunn
To change the rims in the scene first select the default scanline renderer in render / assign renderer, then open the materials screen (m) and select the RIMS from the list of materials. Apart from being able to change the ambient and diffuse colours (makes a little difference but not much), you can go to the maps screen, check the box next to diffuse, click on the map button and choose noise from the list. Once you have done that you can select the appropriate colours in the noise parameters screen. Choose two colours that are similar to produce a solid colour effect, This should dramatically change the colours of the rims and there is no need to start from scratch.
In the basic parameters screen you can reduce the specular level and glossiness to eliminate the shiny chrome effect. You will need to experiment until you are satisfied that the rims don't look too "plastic".
Re-assign the brazil renderer before you render the scene and all should be well.

Render help needed
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG