The online racing simulator
STCC open hosts and TBO class
(95 posts, started )
Quote from SamH :Racers on Platinum aren't able to use any of the driver aids. If they ignore the red warning message, they'll only be able to race a total of one race every 24hrs.. it's an automatic server-administered ban for ignoring the rules.

I'm not really sure about that, since I use a clutch and have removed all aids etc, so I'm cool with that.But it's the Throttle-cut on upshift that might cause me issues. with TCU enabled it works kinda like an electronic flatshift, I hate it and hate driving with it, it's not that I over-rev my engines on upshift a lot, but i do modulate my throttle on upshifts depending upon the prevailing conditions.

Does this ruling mean I won't be able to leave TCU switched off?
#52 - SamH
I'll find out. I'm honestly not sure of the technicalities. I know that auto clutch is still enabled - it's going to be a long time until the LFS userbase is entirely G25-enabled, or equivalents. I'll get more info, and edit or re-post.

[edit] now with added information:- If manual clutch is enabled, then flatshifting (no throttle-cut) is permitted. If manual clutch is disabled, the STCC software requires throttle cut on upshift to be enabled. This way, clutch pedal users are fully catered for.

[editedit] When you enable manual clutch, the LFS software removes the throttle cut option anyway (and sets it to no). The STCC software detects manual/auto clutch settings, and sets permissions accordingly.

Hope that explains it okay.
Thats how I've been doing practice for STCC and will be doing the race on sunday, with my manual clutch and doing sequential shifting with the gear lever on my G25. I've gotten rather good at it, and am thankful that Becky added said feature a mere day or two after I expressed my feelings on the issue.
Personally, I don't enjoy driving the FXO. I'm basically unable to feel what the hell is going on with the car. It seems to me to have somewhat of a random understeer/oversteer thing, so that i never know what I'll get in the next corner. Wouldn't it be better to start out with the RB4, then move to the XRT and THEN the FXO, when you've mastered the two easier cars? You know, kinda like in STCC 1a and 1b :P
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :Wouldn't it be better to start out with the RB4, then move to the XRT and THEN the FXO, when you've mastered the two easier cars?

Huh? illepall
I don't know about you, but usually after 20 laps on a given track with XRT I get the same times as after 5 with FXO. Nothing more to say, really.
Quote from maczo :Huh? illepall
I don't know about you, but usually after 20 laps on a given track with XRT I get the same times as after 5 with FXO. Nothing more to say, really.

This has nothing to do with the FXO being easier to drive, which it's not. It's just that the FXO is just that much faster than either the other cars making it seem easier.
Quote from Viper93 :This has nothing to do with the FXO being easier to drive, which it's not.

Well, that is your opinion. For me - if I can put much less effort to achieve the same, means that it is easier.
#58 - Jakg
XRT is a slower car though, so surely comparing lap times that are equal are futile...?
Quote from maczo :Well, that is your opinion. For me - if I can put much less effort to achieve the same, means that it is easier.

If all your out to do is beat X:XX.XX time then sure it's easier, but if your trying to find the limits of the car it's not all that easy to drive.
Quote :XRT is a slower car though, so surely comparing lap times that are equal are futile...?

Right. I think I missed the point a few posts ago.
#61 - thd
Quote from szyszek :Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread

Oh but of course not. This is the right forum for all sorts of organised races and ladder systems, as long as they are organised by STCC
#62 - SamH
It's the right place to discuss car class balancing, and you can't talk much more generally about LFS than discussing the use of public servers.

So yes, this is EXACTLY the place to discuss this topic.
first races tonight on AS N rev with a whoel filed of XRT and RB$'s - some really good, tight racing right thru the pack, excellent stuff. Some of the best racing I've had in a few months, and I've not drivent he RB4 for ages.
Hmmm

Talk about cars. Only solution is = Forced cars.

6 races on each track gives you 2 in xrt - 2 in rb4 and 2 in fxo. That way you migth get people to race their "hate cars".

I would like that much better, than the mixed choice, we have now.

But bear in mind, that the good experienced Xrt racers, are much, much faster than the noobs (like me - Only in rwd) That`s bad, because I hate to be 6 seconds behind pr lap, in stead of only beeing 2 seconds behind pr lap, as I would be in the Fxo. Something psychological there

Also I miss a loft over the points gathering - I`ve mentioned that before.
If I drove 24 - 7 on the STCC servers, one can pile up tons of point, even if I`m just a mediocre racer in the TBO

I to hate the Fxo, even if I`m a FWD man That car doesnt know when to oversteer and when to understeer. It does as it likes.

My favorite, of the three cars would be the Rb4, because one can set it up, fitting everybodys driving style. It migth be a little slower, but it´s so darn flexible in many ways

But if there was forced Xrt races - Off course I would join, if I was on the server - So ! You STCC people sit on a lot of power, when we speak of promoting a cars reputation

Finally - I see a lot of people asking for setups, on your servers. Many of the combos doesnt exist on inferno. What about making a setup site, just for sets to your combos. Then people, who is not to willing to let their set out in the public, could ask them to go there
Quote from alland44 :
Finally - I see a lot of people asking for setups, on your servers. Many of the combos doesnt exist on inferno. What about making a setup site, just for sets to your combos. Then people, who is not to willing to let their set out in the public, could ask them to go there

Why sould be an STCC setup site? I don't like the idea. STCC drivers have to be self-supporting. Especially who have gold, platinum (or above ) license. But if they cant make setup for ourselves, there are similar setups on inferno. For example, SO Town - SO Long, or any SO set.
Don't know why have to drive with the WR setup, when the driver is just learning the track.
Yep, inforno run an excellent setup site. It will eventually get filled with the other combos, makes no sense to have to resort to STCC for that. Now STCC has had such success they need to lay on a couple more servers
I would love to see race sets and enduro sets up there ( well alot more of them) at inferno, still its good to have it all the ame.
Quote from al heeley :Yep, inforno run an excellent setup site. It will eventually get filled with the other combos, makes no sense to have to resort to STCC for that. Now STCC has had such success they need to lay on a couple more servers

I am not sure how many more servers thier box can handle =)

I use inferno setups 1/2 the time. If i have the time I will make my own, then when it come close to STCC race I beg Hannu or NoGhost for a setup because mine isn't right =P
Quote from Horci :Why sould be an STCC setup site? I don't like the idea. STCC drivers have to be self-supporting. Especially who have gold, platinum (or above ) license. But if they cant make setup for ourselves, there are similar setups on inferno. For example, SO Town - SO Long, or any SO set.
Don't know why have to drive with the WR setup, when the driver is just learning the track.

Where does it say, that it have to be WR setups

And gold is not a quality - STCC is much about quantity as well
Quote from alland44 :And gold is not a quality - STCC is much about quantity as well

Yeah, that's why I would like to see the licenses given out "percentage-wise".
For example after you've done - say - 20 races, it calculates:
(podium_places / total_races)*100%

A score table would look something like this:
  • 0%-10%: copper license
  • 10%-40%: bronze license
  • 40%-80%: silver license
  • 80%-90%: gold license
  • 90%-95%: platinum license
  • 95-100%: titanium license
Of course there could be many other factors influencing the percentage, and you could also add the experience-factor (or quantity-factor as you call it) in this with a simple formula...

e.g. license_status = ( (podium_places/total_races) + (amount_of_races*factor) ) * 100%

Where factor can be something like 0,05...

Many other combinations possible of course

This way people won't keep their gold-platinum-titanium licenses forever... if they do a large series of bad results their license downgrades

EDIT: Ouch, just read the thread title... sorry for slightly off-topic :o
Actually thats a good idea, Traxxion, if you want to set up a new server and run to these rules.
Quote from al heeley :Actually thats a good idea, Traxxion, if you want to set up a new server and run to these rules.

If you give me the source code of the STCC server scripts I would gladly try to adept them to the rules above
#73 - SamH
Quote from traxxion :If you give me the source code of the STCC server scripts I would gladly try to adept them to the rules above

LOL! I was waiting for that!

I'm trying to decide if I like the idea of licences degrading over time. A few of us did talk about it the other night, and it's definitely got my interest.. though the flip-side is that some people genuinely can't afford the time to "maintain" their licence, and it would be a bit mean to actively penalise them for having a life
I don't like the sounds of the idea about licenses degrading.

What would happen if someone reaches platinum license and gets a drive in the STCC proper then drops back to a lower level ?
Quote from Bean0 :What would happen if someone reaches platinum license and gets a drive in the STCC proper then drops back to a lower level ?

Nothing?

STCC open hosts and TBO class
(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG