The online racing simulator
RC, Any one into it?
(125 posts, started )
:bump:

It seems that I might buy a 1:8 rc buggy for myself as a christmas present. But I'm still thinking about to do or not to do it. Those things just aren't free and what if I just drive it few times and get bored... Anyway, if I buy it, I'll get it next week or not at all

Btw. Matrixi, little bird told me that you sold yours already. Something wrong with the car, or?
Yay for thread bumping

You can get a good bargain on a 1:8 buggy at the min, just make sure you stick to big names you can get parts for easily. No good saving £30 on the buggy to end up having to import parts from HK every time it breaks.

Couple of pics of my projects attached. The big truck is my HPI Savage, with a custom conversion to electric brushless done by myself. Uses an 8XL/Mamba Max/14 GP3700 setup. Good for 45mph and will happily lift the front wheels off the ground at 20mph in 2nd gear. That much torque its ate metal gears like they're playdoh. The brightly coloured one is an RC10GT, also converted to brushless. Uses 12 GP3700 cells, Mamba Max/540C 9L motor, its got enough torque to backflip at 40mph if your not careful and tops out 72mph (GPS vertified). All steel/titanium transmission to cope with the extra power compared to them silly nitro engines they came with.

Yes, I am a speed freak
Attached images
11102006.jpg
27092006(001).jpg
15102006(017).jpg
I'm hoping for a Schumacher Rascal fairly soon, 1/16 scale, but with a .18 ci engine, does 45 outta the box, retailing RTR at £179.00 at the moment, but my local shop often does deals so i'm gonna try and talk them down a bit from there, or get them to chuck in a gallon of fuel.

That or the HPI rush Evo, which is about the same price RTR.
A 1/16 with a .18? Madness, don't them smaller things come with a .10 normally?

The Rush Evo's a pretty good car to start with, drives nicely with only a couple of changes and the engines easy to keep tuned. The HPI MT2's only a few quid more though, and its 4WD..
i have a tamiya clodbuster whit a thundertech rage chassi two 13 turn motors and a vmaxx-80 esc .
but atm there isnt a track where i can race
I have discovered that the TT01 has evil understeer, it sucks, you can't have any power in the corners or even use the brakes hard or you just go in a stright line.
I have a RS4 3 nitro with a 1HP SS engine it's AWD with 2 gears and a top speed of about 40. Too bad it's sitting in a box in the states waiting for my car to be shipped...
I wrecked mine spectacularly just there before christmas.
Me and my mates had been out with another mates R/C car earlier that day and after we broke that we decided we'd go look at mine.
The clutch was gone on it so it just idled and didn't move at all.
I decided to just start it up to see if the clutch had magically fixed itself but it hadn't so I decided to just let the fuel waste idling.
So after about 5-10 mins idling the revs go right up to the top and I could do nothing to stop it.
It was just sitting there revving itself to death.
My friend went over to try put his foot over the exhaust but it had spun around and was pointing in a different direction( the fuel tank ).
Then,the manifold decides to just literally snap in half and fall on the ground.
We still couldn't see this because it was dark.
Then blue and orange flames started shooting out from where the manifold was.
2 of my friends decided to run away and hide behind a wall at this point.
Then a guy comes out of his house (remember this is 8-9pm) and shouts "turn that ****ing yoke off".
We reply with "do you want to try?"
Anyway and about 2-3 mins of shooting flames it just stops running with about 1/4 of a tank still left in it.

We knew it was wrecked so we took it apart in my back garden.
Everything was seized together and the screws were really hard to get out and the piston was stuck to the cylinder thing.
Never knew these yokes could shoot flames,it was cool.
Still have all the radio gear which will do for another project!

I'll take pics of the pile of engine later,it's still there...
0_o I'm lucky mine is an E-MAXX... no flames at all!
:riceboy: :twirl:
Mine is better, It has four green cold cathodes
Nah, mine has a "Free hamburger" writing on it lol
Attached images
DSC04250.JPG
DSC04251.JPG
DSC04252.JPG
DSC04253.JPG
DSC04254.JPG
lol, :spam: day
I've got me a Losi XXX-T . Not raced it in a good long while tho .
kyosho mini-z mr02, and a bit of history with 1/10th electric touring car racing

the mini-z has got me hooked again - the cars look amazing, go like the clappers (15kmh at 1/28th scale anyone?) and handle brilliantly on the right surface. they're also mega cheap.

check out this (okay it is in sweden but still!) and tell me the pics don't look incredible!
Try Xmods, also 1/28th scale but a bit cheaper. Not so well made but there's tons of alloy upgrades that you can buy. The max speed for one of these (not stock) is about 55mph I think.
i just bought a Mini-Z RM01 Dodge Viper, haven't received it yet (hopefully Wednesday). look like good fun!! it will also sharpen up my reactions for my inaugral season of 1/10th Nitro Touring cars!!

Pics on this page: http://www.triple7racing.net/c ... mf/Itemid,32/topic,869.15
Blah your a nitro fan, 1/10th electric for me in 27stock class was good at it, got it very close to the A finals at national level a few times but quit because of the money i was throwing at it and the cost of the products was getting out of control
1/10th offroad is where it's at always has been, and always will be.

RC, Any one into it?
(125 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG