The online racing simulator
recovering temp.mpr
(10 posts, started )
recovering temp.mpr
Was kicked from a server and am trying to recover the replay of that race (I did not manage to save it). Any ideas how to? I haven't raced any races since then. So perhaps the temp.mpr still exists. I couldn't find it.
AFAIK, you have to rename the temp.mpr before you exit LFS. Otherwise it will auto-delete itself -- at least I couldn't find the temp.mpr after I exited LFS in the mpr-folder .
#3 - Jakg
it should be in data/mpr, if it isn't, then theres no way to recover it, im afraid
Would be better if it was stored at least until you start up LFS again -- or, even better, until your next race, I guess.
That's how I thought it would work.
Try an undelete program. I just tried Drive Rescue (...) and it seems to sort of work.
#7 - richy
that program is pretty nifty! Lovely peice of freeware.

I just recovered all my .psd files that I lost a while back when I deleted my CMX viewer folder. Niiiiiiice! A lot of my photos that I lost by overwriting them are gone I think, that was a long time ago since I deleted them by mistake. I think I have defragged and the areas of disk were probably overwritten. Still fiddling around with it. Does anyone know of other software that does this sort of thing.

Is this program safe? I get a lot of errors while using it.

And when I rebooted my computer I got this error.
Attached images
weirderror.jpg
That program is old, but it works. It was made by this company, and it's not even there any more! That error's not anything to to with it, sorry I just tried it on XP and it restarted with no problems at all. You might get a few others from the program, but it works
#9 - richy
just come back to let you know I think it was because I unplugged my ipod.

the ipod was causing this program to crash so i unplugged it and got this error. guess i should of ejected the disk first doh.

man ive wasted hours trying to find some old photos that my phone over wrote think im gonna give up soon.

that software is definately one to keep though.

Edit: Have found this program called PC Inspector. Which has some very similar properties to that program you suggested. Have a look.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pcinspector.html
Interesting... it doesn't take a genius to see that's a rip off of/based on DR. Thanks, I will try it!

recovering temp.mpr
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG