The online racing simulator
Trojan.peacomm HELP!!
(8 posts, started )
Trojan.peacomm HELP!!
please someone help asap this is spreading and i have alot of stuff i need to keep but i cant back them up as i have no dvd's/cd's
i have 2 websites on my computer that i MUST keep but there is no way i can back them up (host is crap)
please someone help
http://www.symantec.com/enterp ... 11917-1403-99&tabid=3
that does not work i'v done it a few times i cant find wincom32 in my reg, my antivirus found nothing at all but it is telling me theres a threat and its spreading i am getting hacked every 20 seconds after i got this trojan and i have no idea how or wen i got it
#2 - Davo
Installing antivirus would bea good start. If you don;t have one try AVG free or search for an online free virus scanner. Check the syamntec database on the name of the virus and see what tools are needed to remove it.
there are trojans spreading around. since yesterday i've got several warnings by antivir. my trojan was/is?? called trojan.horst.xxx

i've used avira antivir which is free (search for the personal edition) and did not get any warning since the afternoon... looks like i am save again...
#4 - need
Norton has this listed as a significant threat, but as of the moment they don't appear to have any update to protect people against it.
Either that, or their servers are currently messed up, and have been for the last 6-7 hours.

If you're using Norton and don't want to switch to something else, you've no option but to wait for them to sort it out I'm afraid.
use a system restore point, if that fails, boot into safe mode, and look for files that were downloaded at the specific time you noticed them, and just get rid of them all
(in search just.. search for everything but set date times to search for)

thats what i used to do when i used IE, but i haven't had those problems at all with firefox i must say, but yea i got those problems about once a month (baaddd ones too, where i spent a while trying to get rid of them)

see heres the catch, programs such as norton or antivirus programs usually can't really "get rid" of trojans because trojans have multiple files within your system, and just reinstall themselves each time they are "deleted" or so called, and then you have the problem again and again; whereas my solution by deleting EVERYTHING that happened at that same time, that solves the problem completely

and just FYI, i say boot into safemode because it uses the least amount of processes required to run windows, so you know it wouldn't be running, usually trojans run as programs which are usually required such as SVHost, etc. which you can't stop, and if you do, they restart immediately and give no time to delete everything unless you are in safemode
Download Avast and run a full system scan, tell me how you made out.
#7 - need
Norton finally have an update available for it.
Well i hope i'v fixed it... i uninstalled norton and installed avast, tune up cleaner and CCleaner everything seems fine
thanks anyway guys

Trojan.peacomm HELP!!
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG