The online racing simulator
My new Racing Rig project!
I've been dreaming about these for a while, so I thought i'd get down and get my elbow's a bit messy. I'm making it all from an 8 Foot by 3 Foot sheet of MDF. I drew the shape out on a large strip of paper, cut it out and stenciled it onto the wood. Then took a Saw to it. I've added a few pics, so far i've made the basic outline/shape, and the strengthening beam across the top where the wheel will mount. For the seat pic, i just plonked an old seat on there, real snug fit. The wood cost £8.95. Pretty cheap I reckon, put togehter with some screws. More tomorow!

EDIT! I'm back from school, and i've quickly cut out the plank that will support the DFP.
Attached images
rig1.jpg
rig2.jpg
rig3.jpg
rig4.jpg
looks good, dont forget the the cupholder
Nice progress so far, seat looks like a nice one too.. what kind of screen are you using with it?
The screen is going to be my current moniter, which is a Vusys 19" Flat panel. Its not the best screen, but I'm not in the money range of upgrading my screen, or getting a dual monited graphics card and another screen.
Hey great idea. Put a pic up when its up & running.

I want one
Quote from mcintyrej :The screen is going to be my current moniter, which is a Vusys 19" Flat panel. Its not the best screen, but I'm not in the money range of upgrading my screen, or getting a dual monited graphics card and another screen.

A 19" with a frensel (sp?) lens is a sweet setup
I would make my own rig, but what tools are nessasary? I only have a small 8" circular saw. But, I have made plans for a rig in 3D before. I wanna make my own too, lol.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG