The online racing simulator
Strange graphic errors/artifacts
I dont know if this is a common error, tried to search for it but couldn't find anything on it exactly.
I am experiencing some random graphic errors, when a car is shown in the setup menu, or when i race.
Well, I've made a little video capture of these errors. Maybe some of you guys can give me a hint, on how I could solve my little problem here or what the problem could be.

The vid: http://www.megaupload.com/dk/?d=LY3XK2QV

My setup:
P4 3.0 NW
P4P800SE
1024MB 400MHz RAM
Gainward 7800GS+ 512MB

BTW.. First POST and what an awesome game!
Hmmm, does this just happen in LFS? I would check and see if your gfx card is over heating or not, that can cause stuff like this :/. Otherwise do the usual, latest directx and latest gfx drivers...
I installed the latest dx and gfx drivers, but it did not change the problem significantly.
The card is at about 40°C idle, and 45-50°C loaded. The cpu is reported to be between 30-40°C. So that should be quite stable..

Is there a possibility that another component on my pc, is making these errors? well, of course there is.. I just dont quiet know, how to troubleshoot this problem.
So any help is appreciated.
#4 - richy
http://www.memtest.org/

get this and run it on your memory and look for any errors this may help you.

Also have you tried downloading an alternative file and reinstalling LFS as maybe something got corrupt in the download. just a thought.
Memtest was running for 24 hours without errors. Which means, that these DIMMs are running as they should right?...

I will try to reinstall LFS, to see if anything is corrupted.
What folders should i backup, to prevent loosing all my stats and settings?
Hi Superost, welcome to the forums, I have seen exactly the same thing as you are getting with a very overclocked gfx card, have you upgraded or changed the gfx card at all ? do you have an "auto-overclock" setting that you may have activated? it is possable you have a temp or clocks problem with your
card and the temp sensor could be reading incorrectly.

You could try removing all the nvidia drivers (with uninstall and drivercleaner) then reinstalling just the nvidia latest driver without the gainward extras, it might help.

As far as reinstalling LFS I would just leave your old install and make a new folder called LFS1 or somthing, then you can copy paste all your settings over and delete the old LFS after if you like

Goodluck.

SD.
I was recently having the same problems, it turned out to be my PSU.
reinstalling of the game didn't help

Quote from SparkyDave :Hi Superost, welcome to the forums, I have seen exactly the same thing as you are getting with a very overclocked gfx card, have you upgraded or changed the gfx card at all ? do you have an "auto-overclock" setting that you may have activated? it is possable you have a temp or clocks problem with your
card and the temp sensor could be reading incorrectly.

You could try removing all the nvidia drivers (with uninstall and drivercleaner) then reinstalling just the nvidia latest driver without the gainward extras, it might help.

As far as reinstalling LFS I would just leave your old install and make a new folder called LFS1 or somthing, then you can copy paste all your settings over and delete the old LFS after if you like

Goodluck.

SD.

Hey sparky,
actually I tried reinstalling my old ATi R9800Pro today, and exactly the same happened. Which gives me even more headache illepall .. at least it's not the gfx causing the error.

The drivers were removed with driver cleaner (pro) and I reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers. There shouldn't be any overclocking tools in that package.
My pc is not getting warm at all! The case is even left open most of the time..

My Cpu runs overclocked sometimes (at about 3,27-3,3 ghz), mostly because of watching some H264 HD - and it runs very stable and cool, thx to the big 120mm fan and copperhead heatsink lying on it. I even underclocked it to see if it makes a difference... not even that helps

Quote from Callous Hooper :I was recently having the same problems, it turned out to be my PSU.

I bought a new PSU only for the gainward gfx, because my old one was way too weak. I bought a Seasonic S12 500W, which should be more than enough.. I also read a lot of reviews about this particular PSU, and it was recommended by a lot of people. And its very silent as well.

I really hope that it is a software problem, since I dont really want to invest in a new mb, cpu or anything else right now
what other tools can I test my pc stability with?
Memtest gave me zero errors after 24h
Prime95 is going to be my next program to test if anything could be wrong..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG