The online racing simulator
cant get s1 license
(24 posts, started )
hi i had the demo, i just brought the update for 12$ on paypal, it said i will get the email shortly, its now been ages =\ they aint sending me email :'(

Anyone Got Any Idea's?

- Would Be Greatly Appriciated.
#2 - Jakg
12$? It's £12 mate, no i think you haven't paid enough
lmfao, i payed in usd, i dont know how to do that little money sign :P sorry, lol,
#4 - Jakg
"that little money sign" is a different currency sign, one of the top 3-4 currencies in the world it is NOT 12 USD, use XE.com to work out how much it actually costs
#5 - Davo
Paypal usually takes longer to process, you could be waiting a while. A credit card is best and probably works out cheaper as well, did I mention it's instant with a credit card?
Just FYI

S1 license: 12£ = 23.69 USD = 30.04 AUD
S2 license: 24£ = 47.38 USD = 60.08 AUD
Small correction :

S1 license: 12£ = 23.69 USD = 30.04 AUD (not for sale anymore)
S2 license: 12£ = 47.38 USD = 30.04 AUD (only if you already had S1)
S1+S2 license: 24£ = 47.38 USD = 60.08 AUD (you need both of these for the complete package)
Quote from hrtburnout :(not for sale anymore)

No, create an account and pay 12 quid in to it and you get S1.

E: Not the timer again ...
E2: And again ...
Sure, online is limited in S1, but that's only because nobody seems to start servers in S1 mode. With patch V, racers in S2 mode can join S1 servers, so there's no reason why a few more couldn't be started up. Aside from people being unimaginative and just racing FOX @ BL1/AS2, GTRs @ AS3 and BF1 @ KY1.
Quote from Bob Smith :Sure, online is limited in S1, but that's only because nobody seems to start servers in S1 mode. With patch V, racers in S2 mode can join S1 servers, so there's no reason why a few more couldn't be started up. Aside from people being unimaginative and just racing FOX @ BL1/AS2, GTRs @ AS3 and BF1 @ KY1.

I for one wish every S2 server that has an S1 compatible car/track combo was set to S1 mode. As, indeed, every S2 AND S1 player can see the host and join. This would be beneficial for the lack of S1 servers and gives S1 players a chance to meet S2 players.
#11 - avih
Quote from (SaM) :I for one wish every S2 server that has an S1 compatible car/track combo set the server to S1 mode. As, indeed, every S2 AND S1 player can see the host and join. This would be beneficial for the lack of S1 servers and gives S1 players a meet S2 players.

I think this should be automatic by the server. There shouldn't be a need to do this manually. Especially now that most people do use S2, and I imagine that those who still use S1 do that because they don't have enough money to buy S2. Let them join the party if it's only a checkbox on the sesrevr.
Quote from Bob Smith :Sure, online is limited in S1, but that's only because nobody seems to start servers in S1 mode. With patch V, racers in S2 mode can join S1 servers, so there's no reason why a few more couldn't be started up. Aside from people being unimaginative and just racing FOX @ BL1/AS2, GTRs @ AS3 and BF1 @ KY1.

Sorry to spin this off topic a bit, but I would really love to see a TBO (4 also?) /South City Classic server pop up again, that could be done in S-1 couldn't it?
Quote from Racer Y :Sorry to spin this off topic a bit, but I would really love to see a TBO (4 also?) /South City Classic server pop up again, that could be done in S-1 couldn't it?

Concider it done

liveforspeed.se S1 (TBO@SO1, no wind, clear afternoon, 6 laps)

(the server was previously running LX4 @ FE something, wasn't as popular as i had hoped)

Quote from Mike85 :Let me just warn you that with S1 you only get ONE server. So, WHY SHOULD YOU BUY S1? To save money or what?

FYI, there are 6 servers.
Why don't we have an S1 league (like the Demo League)?

With the demo league you could have "ringers" because there is no registered licence name (theoretically a team could have different drivers for each race and no-one would be any the wiser). Not with S1 though

If someone got the funds sorted maybe the prize for the highest up S1 licenced driver would be the 12 quid voucher (S2 licence upgrade, basically).
Quote from (SaM) :I for one wish every S2 server that has an S1 compatible car/track combo was set to S1 mode. As, indeed, every S2 AND S1 player can see the host and join. This would be beneficial for the lack of S1 servers and gives S1 players a chance to meet S2 players.

If it worked this way it would be nice, but as soon as the track or cars allowed changed to S2 content the S1 guys would suddenly get disconnected. I think it's better in the end to just leave it as-is and push the few S1 guys to get S2..
it worked now, yay xD thanks for telling me, but i also had like 200$ in my paypal, so it should of worked, i dont know why, i bought another one and i ot the email 8) thanks for ur help every1 ;p
Quote from Cue-Ball :If it worked this way it would be nice, but as soon as the track or cars allowed changed to S2 content the S1 guys would suddenly get disconnected. I think it's better in the end to just leave it as-is and push the few S1 guys to get S2..

To be honest though, how often does the track/car combo change during a session? It may be more common than I think, but it hardly ever happens to me. I think if the devs really wanted it, it could be implemented more gracefully than an autokick too. Something like forced spectate for people who have the S2 content but haven't unlocked it, or a little message for people who don't physically have the content that says, "The server has changed to an S2 combination, please buy S2 at www.liveforspeed.net"

Just a thought.
The content is always there, so spec would work.

This will have to be done sometime I would think since someday when S3 comes out not everyone will fancy handing over 36 pounds / 75+ USD / CAD etc. The interoperability between versions should be worked out sometime I would guess.
Quote from hrtburnout :Small correction :

S1 license: 12£ = 23.69 USD = 30.04 AUD (not for sale anymore)

but yes
damit, it says unlock s2, i didnt know u can do that 3 times, i thought u can do it on 3 diff comps, so now, i got no unlocks, when i wanted demo i clicked lock s2, and went to demo, now im stuffed and gotta wait a month, is there anyway i can get 1 more unlock?
Go read the licence agreement. Ironically, you obviously broke it by not reading it.

Furthermore, You do not have to lock an unlocked copy of LFS to be able to play on demo-servers.
Simply select Online mode select: Demo in the multiplayer menu.

edit: Added a clarification
Attached images
clarification.jpg
#22 - Davo
Excellent answer Fel and nice graphic too Couldn't have done it better myself.
This happens so often. There should be a notice explaining this when you click the lock button which gives you a chance to proceed or cancel.
Yes, and a warning that you are only allowed to unlock the game three times.

cant get s1 license
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG