The online racing simulator
22 suggestions
(23 posts, started )
22 suggestions
Suggestions:
1. The posibility to "manualy" arange on the grid (like the pit stop) after a warmup lap (ON/OFF)
2. Random mechanical failures (ON/OFF)
3. The posibility to arange servers on the number of racers, car types, ping....
4. Safety car driven by player or AI
5. Colission debry and punctures caused by this debry (i gues it is werry hard to achieve but it would be nice)
6. A message that can tell you who hit you, in cronolagical order
7. A dino will be allso interesting
8. For keyboard and keyboard/mouse drivers a separate button lock for acceleration, bracke and clutch
9. [Dead zone controll (i don't need it but i saw some people who were amused by the absence of it, so show them who's the boss)] this text was written before S2 and i see that S2 includes deadzone. I don't want to renumber the suggestions
10. People in the pits would be an verry interesting thing. This ppl should be imposible to hit (jumping out of the way...) to add a little spyce
11. A single place where you can pit, marked by the name of the player in the banner
12. The implementation of stupid FIA F1 rules, like races with the same tyres as in the qualifying, same fuel... (ON/OFF)
13. Shattering windshields, mirrors, side windows...
14. The posibility to break the engine and to stall the engine if "manual" clutch is activated
15. More dramatic colission damage with EURO NCAP style manechine drawings showing the injury of the passengers (this should be good for anti speeding campaign. And if you are really pro road safety you could introduce some on screen actual pictures of similar accidents, based on the colission force and direction)
16. Wheels should come apart
17. Pit speed limiter 4 all cars (many begginder are frustrated because of drive trough penalyties) (ON/OFF)
18. The posibility to move the virtual clocks on screen like in Porsche or diferent setups: right, midle, left...
19. different map modes: rotating, stationar, zoom
20. F1 type map section display (green, orange, purple) and the time should be displayed by section (if u screw up a section u could still have fun pushing the next section to make a record there)
21. The weather could be more complex: pressure, temperature and especially rain (you deffenetli need rain)
22. Oil spills
23. This is a long run, but.... If you get the phisycs absolutely right you could imput the info from new real cars that are not yet released and do virtual drive tests

THE END
I know some ideas are allmost crazy but i was brain storming and "the sleep of rationality can generate monsters"

Any comments?
I would REALLY like to see shattering windows.
just posting if i like them or not ;D

must have: 3, 13
nice to have: 1, 2, 5, 10, 11, 16, 19, 21, 22
may be added "later": 4, 6, 9, 12, 14, 17, 18, 20, 23
WTF?: 7
rofl: 15

and BTW your topic mentions 22 suggestions but you posted 23!!!
dino like in NFS underground, with charts, graphs, parameters listings, outputs...
I don't know what "rolf" means but i guess it's bad . it was an idea...
I know there are 23 numgers in the list but i removed from counting number 9 as i said: "this text was written before S2 and i see that S2 includes deadzone. I don't want to renumber the suggestions"... i shoud read all the text

thx all 4 your opinions, keep talking
oooooooh a dyno..
lol at first i was thinking of like a ferrari dino..

lol love to notice how about 8 of them have to do with weather and damage.. and as far as i know, every one of those has been suggested
I got one more...
The driver should move his feet on the pedals, not only acceleration and bracke, clutch to. And the arm on the gear shifter (with options: paddle shift, stick shift and even sequential shift) and hand bracke.
At the pits the engine should be off initialy (option ON/OFF) and the driver should turn the key. Allso the ignition sequence should be more realistical: when u press "i" the driver should rev the engine with the clutch pressed adn then release (if auto clutch is off this should be done "manualy"). The engine noise from the electromotor should be audible when u turn the key with no fuel.
That will macke the game much more inmersive
Sorry for the "dino" mistake
The possibility to enter the garage the "normal way", drive inside it, insted of pressing shift+s or "pit" in the menu.
ya.. all of those have been suggested too lol

however i do like that last one ^ entering the pit menu by going into the pits.. i like that alot
dino lol, i thought he meant a dinosoar.
Quote from Roadie :dino lol, i thought he meant a dinosaur.

Haha, I thought excactly the same!

But 'rofl' means: Rolling On Floor Laughing, just another term like saying lol.
#12 - ysu
I second most...especially the better clutch support, wheather, and other 'reality' features.
:doh: why dont we just call this the restate the suggestions thread
Nothing happend in the game, no new release... so let's say it all again )
Just kidding, but maby some new ideas come up... eventualy
The developers sometimes read the improvement forum?
Quote :4. Safety car driven by player or AI

The irony of this statement is hurting me :chefsmili

But I have to say, nice list with very few "noobish" and useless ideas
THX AndroidXP, i got more coming
btw... what are the ones that seem "nobish"... just out of curiosity
Well, I consider "noobish" to be things mentioned already a hundred and one times, like the obvious "bettar damage... duh" (not that you made such a retarded suggestion, though ). Also I disagree on the all cars should have pit limiters because it's simply not realistic.
Ok... i agree. I didn't read the forum before macking this list, i made it some months ago (in the age of S1 ) and mailed it to the LFS team so... i tacke the blame for posting allready known suggestions... (could i do otherwise )
About the speed limiter, i come to think that there should be two modes: easy and pro, because if the producers implement all that whe suggest, the game would become verry hard, verry fast for a person that wants just to try a new game. That person as it improves his skills would eventually go "pro", and so a new racer will be made . Otherwise a gamer or eventual racer will be lost. I don't see how the "easy" and "pro" modes would interact... maybe it will be beter that the don't at all
i think there should be a serverside option to disallow the 'Shift+S' to enter the pits, you should have to park then the menu pops up, like someone said above.

would be nice....
Quote from nikimere :i think there should be a serverside option to disallow the 'Shift+S' to enter the pits, you should have to park then the menu pops up, like someone said above.

would be nice....

There's a big thread about resetting and jump-to-pits here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2217
hi,

sorry, i don't mean to disturb anyone, but being quite new to this game and forum i haven't read all threads back to the first one, so "has been mentioned 100 times" doesn't count for me, really. i think it's a nice effort of someone posting his ideas, even if it's the 100th time and boring for all the "old" guys here. i also assume that whatever is repeated 100 times might eventually be registered by the developing team as something that definitely needs including. unlike something that's mentioned only once, no?

anyway, just to add another one (probably the 100th time as well): since i spend most of my time off line in single player mode some adjustments to ai might be very nice. maybe some of you "old" guys, who are involved with lfs a lot longer, know wether lfs will become a little more single player friendly in the future or not?

lastly i'm generally always more interested in the more crazy ideas of people, stuff that is so far off the map i couldn't possibly come up with that myself. in my line of work that has been a really effective way of adding upgrades and improvements.

regards,

roland

22 suggestions
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG