The online racing simulator
#1 - richy
When pulling out of garage a direction sign or something
Hello all. Ive always had this thing where I pull out of the garage and I end up going up the pits the wrong way, have to slam it in reverse then turn around and head the correct way...

does anyone else experience this or am I just being careless. I was wonder if there was some way to indicate the direction of traffic as you exit the garage?

Is this even a needed suggestion, I was figuring we could incorporate something in the pits that could indicate this. The best thing I sort of came up with would be having a slight tyre marks leaving the garages either left or right depending on the direction of the track.

Does that even make sense or is this even a thing to bother about?
The map tells you
I used to do the same thing, but like keiran said I've gotten into the habit of looking at the map to see what direction people are driving first.
And if you leave the mini-map off at all times?
#5 - richy
Heres a pic of joining an empty server.

You can sort of wiggle as you exit the pits to get the "wrong way" message up...

I just thought it would be nice to have some sort of foolproofing...

especially if say, a race is going on with pit required and someone joins and pulls out the wrong way.

I figure instead of having a big arrow splashed up on the screen to integrate some sort of graphical feature to the pits to hint which way the flow of traffic is going.

maybe if we could get those pit crews in there then there could be a guy there with a sign on it
Attached images
sittininpits.jpg
I'd like to see an animated person like GT Legends and GTR2 use, but even a simple sign would be an improvement. You shouldn't have to rely on an unrealistic mini-map (which may not even be turned on) to know which way the track goes.
+1 for some simple placeholder graphic (even just a <-- where the blue flag message goes) until there is a better way.
good idea!
#9 - Davo
+1

Great idea, some kind of signage would be excellent.
+1
happens to me a lot, especially in an empty server.

Nothing fancy, just some arrows at the opposite wall would do the job or as a temporary solution some message on the screen as tristancliffe said at post #7
+1
bwahahah
Attached images
sittininpitsnew.jpg
A green/red arrow (like a traffic light or something) wouldn’t harm anybody.
Thus you get the right direction and avoid pulling out in front of pit-lane traffic. In my view this would help absent-minded or scatty people and, of course, newbies
heres the other idea.

i dont know how this is able to be implemented if at all. but if you could have it so the marks in the pits dynamically change with the direction of the racing so you would sort of know where to go without having big arrows or a pit crew there?

do pits even have marks like that in real life heh
Attached images
pitmarks2.jpg
pitmarks1.jpg
Of course they don't. Where the hell would they get THAT much seaweed from?

Have you ever seen a road that cars drive on? Is it covered in black lines? No? Well, neither are racing circuits.
ok so my paint sk33lz arnt quite up to scratch but y'know. you get my drift? (no pun intended )
Would it kill anybody to use the options already available to them?

The attatched image has 3 possible solutions.

I'm sure soemthing will be done in the future, but cmon, a little pro-activeness never really hurt anybody
Attached images
AutoX.jpg
what about putting the left/right pointing track marschall (the ones that are in the AX editor) in front of the box ?

edit> beaten by Keiichi
good to see that great minds think alike
great suggestion imo.
i'd rather go for the white arrows, either the 'turn left/right' or a set of go forward arrows on the pit lane, facing the right direction (from the same autocross editor), i'm not sure but i think it would also be simpler than to have countless guys pointing a direction although nobody's there to see them most of the time.i'd feel sorry for them .
And simply flipping the arrow (not sure how the objects are marked in the memory) if the track code ends with R .
yeah that picture looks sweet. if there stuff is already there in game then its hopefully easier than first thought! cool stuff!

but im not quite sure what this means?

Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Would it kill anybody to use the options already available to them?

The attatched image has 3 possible solutions.

I'm sure soemthing will be done in the future, but cmon, a little pro-activeness never really hurt anybody

what options are already availble to use?

whats the rant for?
+1 on owens suggestion.
i think thats a great idea
The layouts are saved separately for each configuration, so you's have to lay all your marshals or cones separately for each configuration of a course.

And the rant.... Well, it bothers me when people complain for someone else to do what they could do themselves. That doesnt mean you shouldnt get help with things you simply don't understand, but the AutoX editor was staring everyone in the face.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG