The online racing simulator
STCC Licence Userbar
(242 posts, closed, started )
man STCC rock! i didnt hear about it here either.

I refreshed my server list and it showed it there and im like "hmm new and bronze whats this about" i go there, and im hooked.

I didnt join a league. I didnt sign up to race anything or have any need to visit the league section for now.

But i got my cool userbar!
So the lfsforum admins move a thread about some LFS-related shirts to offtopic but a thread about a league stays in LFS-general? While there is a League-subforum? Honestly, I like the idea how STCC is done, I like the idea of some kind of ladder with the stages etc., BUT it's not officially done by LFS itself so IMHO it belongs to League-forum. thx.
well it officially used my LFS license name. And I would not have known about the option had it not been in the general section because I dont go to the league sub forum.

Just my 2 pence.
This post was about forum user bars, not the STCC league or the STCC public servers - which are too very seperate things.

The forum user bars where developed by Sam as a way of promoting both the STCC and LFS on other forums.

Then a dev stepped in and offered user bars here, and extended that offer to all leagues.

Rather than get on board, Masters of Endurance it seems have taken the opportunity to directly attack the STCC in a very public way by somebody who I gather is a significant person in their organisation.

As I have no desire to become embroiled in a bitter dispute between leagues i'm taking no further part in this, i've said my piece, so that's me out.
no becky, that's not true. You just like to put things around and twist them. I am not into MoE as admin, I just think, that same things are treated different ways. And sorry, even if Sam is an admin here, he should obey his own rules and guidelines. No matter what, a STCC thread - even if it's only about how many colourfull bars STCC should have or not - does NOT belong here. It belongs to League-forum... So Andrew, step back from attacking other leagues, that just doesnt suit you.
I was referring to Hoellsen. Who's Andrew?

EDIT: Don't you run a major league yourself? ESL Pro or something? (not sure if I have that right - a lack of promotion... )
If you feel Sam is abusing his power as an admin then pls take this up with any of the other moderators within this forum, Sam is not the only person that has rights to move threads. Publicily saying that this thread shouldn't be here on page 8 wouldn't be the best way to go about moving this thread.
YELLOW FLAG

Collision of sensitive egos on the track!
Please lift zeal. Grip steer and prepare to evade clash.

Quote from wsinda :
YELLOW FLAG

Collision of sensitive egos on the track!
Please lift zeal. Grip steer and prepare to evade clash.

Yeah I htink that sums it up, on both sides =P Least from me.
Quote from Vykos69 :no becky, that's not true. You just like to put things around and twist them. I am not into MoE as admin, I just think, that same things are treated different ways. And sorry, even if Sam is an admin here, he should obey his own rules and guidelines. No matter what, a STCC thread - even if it's only about how many colourfull bars STCC should have or not - does NOT belong here. It belongs to League-forum... So Andrew, step back from attacking other leagues, that just doesnt suit you.

Vykos, this thread is not about the league, this is about the public servers, which don't belong to the league subforum in any way.

It was because of similar posts to Hoellsen and yours that this thread (and the ones before) has included stuff related to the stcc league itself and now you are starting to moan about why it is being discussed here? open a thread about it in the league section then

when there were stcc league related things, like a movie, the broadcast or a qualification event, they were posted in the appropriate forum section. Until we have a general public servers subforum, threads as these will be created in the general LFS discussion section, and they should be in my opinion.
Quote :Rather than get on board, Masters of Endurance it seems have taken the opportunity to directly attack the STCC in a very public way by somebody who I gather is a significant person in their organisation.

While I am the significant person you are referring to, please do note that (i) this is not done on behalf of MoE or anything else I am or was involved in and (ii) more importantly this is not thought as an attack on STCC as an organization or as an attack on its general system. It is questioning the methods STCC is using to get into the limelight.

Besides, "not getting on board" is quite a bold statement seeing that we are being promoted by non-LFS and actually non-simracing sites and services without using questionable "promotion" activities.

I think I got my point across, and if not: there are other leagues out there that do as good a job and promoted as wide, if not wider (let's remember the Racing Challenge which was sponsored by Fujitsu-Siemens) which did not need to "represent" themselves in the way STCC seems to think it does. Yet they were as positive, if not more, to the general aim of promoting LFS.
Just what am I and other STCC officials doing to promote our league that is so unsavoury Hoellsen? Sam is not an STCC official, he runs our public servers - but this doesn't seem to be about this 1 post being out of forum, there seems to be some disagreement in this post on that point with you any way, you're backed only by the ESL organiser on that point.

You've upped the ante of your accusations, and fail to back it up.

You have again directly attacked the STCC, doing so from the position as figure head of the MoE.

I find this very dissapointing indeed.

This attack has come out of nowhere, and it's completely reshaped my opinion of the MoE.

Perhaps I should start making the odd negative post about you guys from now on?...

I wont of course, because I dont go in for such tactics.

Rather than put us down, why not climb up to our level? It must be pretty lonely down there in the gutter with only Vykos to keep you company.
EDIT: This statement was not meant to imply the MoE was below STCC, but that the way Hoellsen has handled himself in launching this attack has been 'below the belt'. Sorry for any confusion.
Becky, Hoellsen, Vykos.. I think you're all doing a great job by promoting LFS in such a great way. Thanks for that!

Now please don't nullify your efforts by starting a flame war on the public forums. Pm's for the win.
Quote from traxxion :Becky, Hoellsen, Vykos.. I think you're all doing a great job by promoting LFS in such a great way. Thanks for that!

Now please don't nullify your efforts by starting a flame war on the public forums. Pm's for the win.

This man speaks the truth!
Quote from Becky Rose :I wont of course, because I dont go in for such tactics.

Rather than put us down, why not climb up to our level? It must be pretty lonely down there in the gutter with only Vykos to keep you company.

Oh the irony

Quote from AndroidXP :This man speaks the truth!

"Hallejuah, sing it again brotha!"
I quit.
Oh dear, this thread has careered off topic in spectacular fashion, and now rests in the gravel trap at the end of the finishing straight.
This thread is closed

STCC Licence Userbar
(242 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG