The online racing simulator
André, the fair player
(48 posts, closed, started )
André, the fair player
This guy is weird...
First i got a message from him inquiring how i am able to drive 100 km within 5 minutes. I tried to answer him asking where he gathered that information from but the system just said user not found. A few days later he sends me another msg telling me in a rude way that i am sick and need to get a life. Obviously he was refering to my LFS addiction and the statistics for this month.
Now he sits on his own locked server with his friend wusel on a 1 Lap race, currently getting a win on the monthly stats every other minute. I assume just to pi.. me off and to prove his point of being the best LFS player? With people like him the monthly stats are pretty useless.
Try to access his online race statistics and you shall see that this user cannot be found - what is he hiding? His glorious 1 lap wins?
That doesnt sound like a fair player, does it??
i remember a guy from DM did this, but who cares?!?!

*thread locked*
#3 - Chaos
Quote from FM-Failure :This guy is weird...
First i got a message from him inquiring how i am able to drive 100 km within 5 minutes. I tried to answer him asking where he gathered that information from but the system just said user not found. A few days later he sends me another msg telling me in a rude way that i am sick and need to get a life. Obviously he was refering to my LFS addiction and the statistics for this month.
Now he sits on his own locked server with his friend wusel on a 1 Lap race, currently getting a win on the monthly stats every other minute. I assume just to pi.. me off and to prove his point of being the best LFS player? With people like him the monthly stats are pretty useless.
Try to access his online race statistics and you shall see that this user cannot be found - what is he hiding? His glorious 1 lap wins?
That doesnt sound like a fair player, does it??

just ignore him, he's not even worth the few keystrokes to write this msg...
I amfollowing the online stats for quite a while now, and am racing with Failure a lot. And I have been on Andrés Server before it was private. I totally agree with Failure and do also think,that André and Wusel are "cheating". And as in every other game this should be penalized. I think a race, and especially a race on the oval should be a bit more than 1 lap.... 1lap races shouldnt count for the statistics. and any attempt to "cheat" your statistics should lead to an exclusion from even those...drive fair

torben
#5 - th84
oval races shouldnt count period!!!!! thats just andre being andre!! if u join his server and beat him, hell kick ya!!!!! lol, i agree with u fm guys, this guys got problems!! one day he will try something that takes some skill, and youll see him drop from the charts like britney spears!!
Quote from Torben :I amfollowing the online stats for quite a while now, and am racing with Failure a lot. And I have been on Andrés Server before it was private. I totally agree with Failure and do also think,that André and Wusel are "cheating". And as in every other game this should be penalized. I think a race, and especially a race on the oval should be a bit more than 1 lap.... 1lap races shouldnt count for the statistics. and any attempt to "cheat" your statistics should lead to an exclusion from even those...drive fair

torben

Who cares. Really, it's no big deal.

Until he passes my 8th all time victories rank
but it doesnt actually matter, schumi2 used to do 250 odd wins every few weeks in 1 lap races with 1 other guy on a private server, but who cares! he can waste his own time, atleast he isnt online
Tell me about it...
Isnt it funny how he names his server Andre's Fair Play... Should rename it to "Andre can't play fair, cuz he sucks."
Come on guys, this is not the right place for bashing.
If there is something to clear up with someone, pls send him a private message first....

thx
3j
Tbh after oval came into game and FO8, these month stats are pretty useless. You can drive straight+left all day long but is it hard work? Not at all. Check February 2005, I tried to drive more kms in one month than Da Hoe's "kms in one month" "pb" was and managed almost 2000kms more than his 14k "pb" were. And that was in S1! 6-12 hours only driving per day x28 :faint2: Last race was 152 laps Fe Green Rev with LX6 and that was crazy stuff

Eza
Quote from three_jump :Come on guys, this is not the right place for bashing.
If there is something to clear up with someone, pls send him a private message first....

As you can read in my original post i tried to send him a msg. Maybe it didnt work because he has turned off his statistics.
He banned me from his server for saying a cus word... what a flamer
Does this guy really deserve a thread?
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Does this guy really deserve a thread?

no, but its funny watching people complain.
http://www.lfsforum.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=50 for Forum PM
http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=m ... b=write&racer=Andr%E9 for LFS World PM
and keep in mind that not everybody is checking for new pm's every day...

Anyway, there are about 300 servers online, there is no need to pick those with the guys you don't like.
And about the stats: who cares? At least some of us are here for the fun and not to find out who has the biggest....

3j
Quote from three_jump :And about the stats: who cares? At least some of us are here for the fun and not to find out who has the biggest....

3j

I have the 8th biggest.

operator0, Fanning the flames.
Whooooooah! Over 25000 kilometers per month. My ass wouldn't survive it! This gives me a new meaning for the word "LFS addicted".:ambulance

In Finland we would say "Hyvä hyvä" :hidesbehi

EDIT. I didn't meant to say that racing that much is sick, it's just a lot more than I do
Quote from Hyperactive :Whooooooah! Over 25000 kilometers per month. My ass wouldn't survive it!

This is motoracing, not donkey racing.
Quote from Bob Smith :This is motoracing, not donkey racing.

True donkey racers are able to sleep while "racing". Not so sure about our LFS fellows. Though some people look like driving & sleeping.

Back to topic...

Is there actually anything to do about it? Driving 10000 laps oval is not the same thing as driving 3000 laps FE black re. Is it possible to make a track in autocross editor that includes just one cone and the track is to go around it? Would this count in LFSW?

EDIT. I didn't meant to say that racing that much is sick, it's just a lot more than I do. And oval racing is racing too, of course
The sad thing about this is that nobody cares about LFSWorld overall stats apart from the desperate souls who compete for them. Nobody looks at them, nobody knows the the names of the people who get them.
Now if someone was 'cheating' to get first place in the Main Hotlap Rank, or the most world records, or win a league, then it would be another matter.

Its a bit tragic that he feels the need to do this (see also his flaming rant at the devs when some of his races didnt register on LFSWorld), but like with the crazy guy singing to himself in trowbridge park, just walk on by.
#21 - ysu
of course there's something to do about it: ignore it

otherwise, the fair 'top racer' should be weighed with the race laps (laps/race I mean)
that way the 1 lappers would not be an advantage in the stats. But seriously, to get a large number of wins, one have to be online 24/7 and run a lot of short races with very weak opponents (or opponents who simply let you win). If this is fun for anyone, let it be. If anyone cares for the statistics: let him do whatever it takes to get to the top. If it makes him happy I'm fine, and I guess most serious racers are fine with it too

but this is a good laughing matter at those who can be bothered with it - sorry :-)

Edit: I just wish to see the face of the guy when all the stats will be erased with an incompat patch ;-)))
(dont' think so tho: even my s1 km's are in I think)
well, i have to admit that from time to time i go check the maximum laps, mileage, etc..... but it's mostly to show my friends and laugh at how "lifeless" some people must be.

to give them an idea i then show them my stats, which i feel are respectable considering the time i invest.

speedfreak227
Attached images
speedfreak227stats.JPG
Actually, just divide "laps" by "races finished" and you've got your average laps per race. If that is any lower than 5, hellooooo loser. But ofcourse it also depends on what you race - I'm not sure if drags are included in that statistic or not. Also more than 3 laps are extremely uncommon on the stunt servers for example.

Not that this figure directly says anything about the quality of the driver, though, but maybe it's a hint...
Good idea about having average race length in stats, that shows who are the real Endu guys
Quote from RudiTurbo :Good idea about having average race length in stats, that shows who are the real Endu guys

yes i like that, not that i do real long endu races but i think i do longer races that the average 5 lappers what most people do on public servers
This thread is closed

André, the fair player
(48 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG