The online racing simulator
New to Hosting
(10 posts, started )
New to Hosting
I just tryed to host a sever, I figured out to change the sever name in the .CGF file and all that. Anyways I forwared the ports on my router. Soo I loaded the deticated sever exe, then the main LFS.exe. Got the sever all setup. Then when I finalize evertyhing I get this error
"SetupSeverSocket : bind failed"
I searched all online I just couldnt find anything on it.
#2 - Bean0
You need to run the dedicated server OR create the game from within LFS.

Doing both at once could be the source of your problem.
K, I got it to run off of my LFS.exe (not deticated). But right now I'm hosting off my laptop. Becuase my Username was in use, I couldnt join on my pc.. Soo I setup deticated, now it's not showing up in the sever list :-\
(filters are turned off and I'm letting it go threw every sever)

LOL sorry to be such a pain on my 2nd post here :-D

If I get anyone to join, they time out I've noticed on deticated. Sorry about how I worded that ^ (it's alittle late here in the states)

I have a great connection.. I'm at least getting 340kbps upload

okay, I have deticated running currently.. It says everything is in order. Soo on my other pc I went on S2 tab and selected "Join Specific Game". Then I got this error message.. "Host has a diffrent game code"?

Quote from ghost racer :okay, I have deticated running currently.. It says everything is in order. Soo on my other pc I went on S2 tab and selected "Join Specific Game". Then I got this error message.. "Host has a diffrent game code"?

I now know why it gave me that error, now to dig and find out how to host S2, and map codes any links would be appreciated

lol okay, I guess I sloved all my problems :hugs myself for the help:
#4 - Bean0
Great stuff, I was just replying and got interrupted by work.

It's not a problem asking questions, that's what the forum is for
congratulate many winrar!

Did you know there is a LFS Hosts Forum?
Quote from Bean0 :Great stuff, I was just replying and got interrupted by work.

It's not a problem asking questions, that's what the forum is for

I've mainly used alot of car forums. Where everyone knows everything, and people hate you for asking questions. illepall

Anyways, I finnaly got on here.. I've been a LFS racer since late S1
I have another problem now... I had everything running reallly smoothly last night. Then when I woke up this morning and started up the sever again, I got another error message. The sever started just fine, but when I try to join on my other PC is says that "Host is not found on the Master Sever". Nothing changed I just shut down my laptop for the night
Quote from ghost racer :I have another problem now... I had everything running reallly smoothly last night. Then when I woke up this morning and started up the sever again, I got another error message. The sever started just fine, but when I try to join on my other PC is says that "Host is not found on the Master Sever". Nothing changed I just shut down my laptop for the night

I get that from time to time, it's usually because I booted PCs in the wrong order so the server IP (local) is 192.168.1.100 instead of 101 therefore the ports are forwarded to the wrong PC.
Yep, I had that a while back as well.

Solved it by going into my routers menu and allocating specific IPs to each PC in the house.

New to Hosting
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG