The online racing simulator
No Antialiasing or anisotropic filtering
Hi,

I can no longer use AA or AF in LFS. It just won't activate. Jaggy lines etc. really bad compared to having AA and AF on. I turn it on in the ATI settings as normal but nothing seems to work!

It works in cmx viewer and all my other apps but not LFS, just stopped working for some reason?

I hope some of you may be able to give me some help.

Thanks in advance!
I get the same problem with LFS, ATI card here too. However if I use a resolution different to my desktop resolution (either higher or lower) it works fine. Try that. Not the perfect solution I must admit, I don't want to turn the resolution down - that makes the graphics worse when FPS isn't an issue - and I don't want to run the res up because the low refresh rate makes my eyes ache.
Start > All Programs > Ati Catalyst Control Center > Advanced > Restart Runtime works for me. But i have to do this everytime i start LFS.
Taking into account that there's also this other problem with AA and AF (when going to windowed mode and back), there seems to be a problem with patch V I guess. Or has this happened to anyone before?
#5 - Alric
Quote from Linsen :Taking into account that there's also this other problem with AA and AF (when going to windowed mode and back), there seems to be a problem with patch V I guess. Or has this happened to anyone before?

I can't remember if it happened before the latest patch or not but it really annoys me if i play multiplayer because it stops AA and everything is jagged. So im back to playing single player more. Having said that if i'm really quick at pressing shift and F4 from windowed mode to full screen in multiplayer it keeps AA working. Wierd...!
Alt-Tabbing in and out usually solves the problem for me, though I have a nVidia card. If you fear to corrupt anything by using Alt-Tab, a quick resolution change forth and back (using Shift+[F9-F12]) fixes it too.
Still no fix for this issue?
#8 - Renku
What issue? I'm using AtiTrayTools and I never lose AA and AF!
ATi tray tools does not always work for me or my friend. So far that is an X700 Pro, X800 GTO and an X1950Pro, so it's not an issue with the cards. However, if you do use ATT then you can always alt tab out and select the profile for AA/AF and then alt tab back in. I assumed it was down to the way ATT checks to see what executable is running but occasionaly it fails to apply AA and AF even when they are forced.
Scawen really needs to implement AA+AF to LFS . I could get rid of ATT too.
Someone bump this thread and this and this and this and...
ATI tray tools also has pretty nifty stuff like overclocking and unlike catalyst control center it forces any game to have AA and AF and plus u can even bump up how much aa or af is needed (no im not talking about x8 or x16 stuff) its optimizing aa and af.

Here is the link: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733

Hope that fixes your problem and update to latest drivers without the control center so that it wont conflict with tray tools
I would agree with Renku that these options should be in LFS.

So far I've managed to get it work using 16bit mode of the currect resolution (Alt tabbing, res changing, runtime restarting etc. etc. stopped working after last driver update)

I know Atitool is much better but last time I used it, I wasn't happy with its OC feature since it overclocked both 2D and 3D modes so that the card always ran the OC clocks *HOT* *HOT*.

But maybe there's the "3D mode OC only" feature included now?
guys please realize it that ALT-TAB might cause graphical issues for any card no matter NVIDIA or ATI.

Both compnaies claimed the ALT-TAB issue is somewhere in windows and this is not offficial way to get back to desktop so you might loose for example AA+AF.NVIDIA has this implemented better way.Back when I used ATI 8500 I had the same problems loosing AA+AF in LFS when I did ALT-TAB.I think this is more ATI drivers issue for a very long time then LFS issue.I dont want Scawen to spend ages just because there is also mess in ATI drivers.

If LFS use DX8 then there is no possibility to implement Game controlled AA+AF.LFS would need to be DX9 application.

Also if you will set up profile with ATI tools the overcloking will be applied only in 3D mode.Download always latest version which have a lot bug fixes.

You can report the loosing AA+AF on ATI pages.Just describe what is the issue,how it happend and in what game.The more of you will report the higher it will get on the bug ladder for ATI drivers team.
i had this problem since patch v i think. and i went through 2 or 3 situations of this kind. first when i alt-tab'd i would lose aa and af but when i did that again they were back...no big deal i said...then it wouldn't work at all, so the next method i found was that when i lose aa i enterd the pits screen then alt-tab to windows then alt-tab back and bingo they were on (all this with catalyst not att). then after a while sudently non of these simed to work anymore. so i went and download ati tray tools and it worked again but this time on all tracks there were places where i experienced some preaty nasty "errors" (faulty card like...lines on the screen comeing from the wheel, roof, fences, track, etc. different colors all directions just like a card going mad) and many call it overheating well in my case it wasen't...the cooler was spining right, card was not overheating. then i installed some new drivers for my ati 9600 series and without att help i was able to get rid of that nasty errors and the aa and af was back as i meantioned first time. then again catalys faild and i had to get back to att again but now to regain aa and af in-game i have to alt-tab reselect a profile then alt-tab back. and i got that faulty card error thing and it pisses me off. soon i hope i get a nvidia card...but untill then what can i do?
Quote from DEVIL 007 :guys please realize it that ALT-TAB might cause graphical issues for any card no matter NVIDIA or ATI.

Both compnaies claimed the ALT-TAB issue is somewhere in windows and this is not offficial way to get back to desktop so you might loose for example AA+AF.NVIDIA has this implemented better way.Back when I used ATI 8500 I had the same problems loosing AA+AF in LFS when I did ALT-TAB.I think this is more ATI drivers issue for a very long time then LFS issue.I dont want Scawen to spend ages just because there is also mess in ATI drivers.

Problem isn't the Alt-Tab, I have no AA even if I start the game normally. Alt-Tab sometimes did fix this problem, not anymore.
Hi Sniiki,

what drivers you use now?
As I said I had already that problem with ATI 8500.Same behaviour.I really think its the ATI drivers isssue for every long time.

I remember its not 1st time ATI drivers made problem to LFS.A long time ago there was some huge performance drop with some line of ATI drivers.So guys with something like ATI X800 had 10FPS ooposite to usual 80FPS and more.Later drivers corrected.

I think it would very really nice if more guys who has ATI cards reported the lost of AA+AF in LFS on ATI(AMD) pages so it will get their attention.

I have now NVIDIA card and no problems with AA+AF si it must be really ATIs fault.
Ati DD 7.4 have tried several older ones too, more or less same problem.
Have to report to Ati like you said..

Guess I just have to use AtiTool then. Don't like its profilesystem tho as there's no option to make profile that includes 3D settings & clock settings except game profile, and I don't want to make profile for every app I have.
I only would need a profile for 3D with high clocks and full AA & AF.
Nice quick reply from ATI but not so supprisingly, it wasn't any helpfull.
No matter how hard I tried to say that this is a common problem and only exists when using CCC.

Quote :
Greetings!
Based on our experience, games issues are usually due to improper system configurations, driver issues, faulty hardware or a known issue with the game and the hardware or drivers that you are using.
First ensure your system meets the minimum requirements of the game and that you have any patches from the game vendor installed.
If your computer meets all of the system requirements, please check our Knowledge Base and the release notes of the driver you are using to see if there are any known issues or solutions for the game you are playing. If you are unable to find information on the specific problem you are having in our Knowledge Base, please check with the software vendor for any known issues or problems. If the problem persists, review the full details for trouble shooting game related issues at the link provided below:
http://www. ati.com/online/cu ... lutions/gamesrevised.html
If these suggestions don't help to resolve your issues, please respond to the ticket and one of our qualified support representatives will assist you. To respond to this ticket you must visit http://support.ati.com and login to My Support.
Thank you for choosing ATI!

Did you respond back to the ticket?
If no pleas do that and hopefully more guys will report the same issue.

Then the guys at ATI should notice it finally.We need more people.
Yea sure I responded, no such a quick reply back like the 1st one yet so maybe they atleast noticed it's not another newbie issue.
we need really more people reporting that issue to ATI.
Quote from Sniiki :Yea sure I responded, no such a quick reply back like the 1st one yet so maybe they atleast noticed it's not another newbie issue.

any news from ATI on this issue?
I reported this to ATI last month I think it was, after I tried an upgrade to 7.4. The ONLY way I could get AA and AF in any program which didn't have its own settings was to install older drivers, and NEVER turn down the AA and AF for any reason or I would lose them until I did another reinstall.

I'm currently using the newest OMEGA drivers, but I'm getting crappy performance from them so I gotta change at some point. I wish I knew which drivers came on my system so that I could get them back, they ran great. (Driver rollback won't work.)
Could you report again please.I know it sounds stupid as you did already but we need to hammering them so they start dping something about it..Its the driver issue.Maybe some sort of disfunction AA+DX8.Dunno.ATI would need to test it.
I've had no problems with other games/apps, just with combination LFS & CCC.

Just got mail from ATI that says:
Quote :Solution:I have directed the feedback to the Catalyst Crew Team for investigation.

Nothing else..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG