The online racing simulator
Children of LFS
(102 posts, started )
dude that is a fantastic idea, my little boys only 7 months old but start them young is what i say LOL we will be there
Lol, 7 months old and u want him to race XD heehee.
Be careful, he might drool on ur G25 or try to bite it
Quote from Alkanphel :Lol, 7 months old and u want him to race XD heehee.

i aint lucky enough to have a g25, i only got this cheap little "globe" piece of rubbish, but he does like chewing it, or trying too pull it off table :LOL:
Yea... but still better than my mouse
oh hell yes, even though the pedals aint touch sensitive, its either full gas or full braking LOL but still better
A brilliant idea, I have three young kids and they will love it.

What will be the server name?
Interesting. Pink skins all round then?

...what's the upper age limit again?
Quote from niffer022 :dude that is a fantastic idea, my little boys only 7 months old but start them young is what i say LOL we will be there

Quote from Alkanphel :Lol, 7 months old and u want him to race XD heehee.

Hmm, I was thinking, starting him a bit late there, aren't ya?

About 3 years old is a good time for them to start to actually learn to use the computer I'd say. That is when the 6 year old started having the ability to move the mouse where she wanted to and have stuff happen on purpose. The youngest just turned 3. We had a Barbie game going for her and from watching the older girl, she grabbed the mouse and just started using it to play the game.
Quote from Bob Smith :Interesting. Pink skins all round then?

...what's the upper age limit again?

Pink Skins, trust you. But saying that, whats the bet that my daughter asks for a Pink Playboy Skin

Not sure of a Server Name, but one did come to mind, T7R|ChildsPlay.

As mentioned earlier, please keep this as a Kids Server Only. As slots will be limited. I want as little rules as possible. The only one that I can think of and this is a MUST as mentioned before.

NO SWEARING OR ABUSE WHAT SO EVER!

Also a couple of pointers for Dads. have been testing this with my daughters for a little while, and I find it best to Turn ON automatic gears, and put a fully loaded fuel tank.

Apart from that, I didn't make any other changes to my LFS Settings.

I will be watching this server, as I said, my children will be driving. If people do join, and language levels rise or are abusive, then I will have no option but to close the server, and report the people that do it ( It will be an S2 server, sorry but Demo is way to unprodictable )

Thank you to you all, that have shown an active interest.

Regards

Fordie
Very nice idea! I am happy to see such a thoughtfully dad who organizes events like this, only if I had kids.
How about our wifes "have a go"

Cheers!
Weee finally, a server made for me

" whats the bet that my daughter asks for a Pink Playboy Skin"

Knowing your daughter and you being the dad, 9,5/10 ? ^^
Quote from Speedier :Very nice idea! I am happy to see such a thoughtfully dad who organizes events like this, only if I had kids.
How about our wifes "have a go"

Cheers!

funny you should say that, iv caught the missus many a times having a sneaky go LOL
My daughter (6) already has a skin she made about 2 years ago. I guess I'll have to upload it to LFSWorld.
Quote from mrbogeyman :You should talk to [dSRC] Bladerunner, he has been running the [dSRC] Nursery server for some time now.

It is exactly the same idea, so maybe he might have some tips? I'm just thinking out loud. I'm sure he will post too at some point.

Exactly!
Quote from Bladerunner :Sim-Racing GRANDDADDY here! (alright, maybe thats stretching it just a little bit...cos my Granddaughter isnt big enuff to play yet! )
My youngest daughter has taken her first steps...already hitting 1:17xx at BL2 (hey..we were ALL n00bs once!)
Just waiting for Victor to get around to accepting the payment, and she will be racing on the S2 servers pretty soon! Watch out for 'EmmyLou'
On another note, I have set up a server specifically for juniors to come and learn PROPERLY, at the moment it is a DEMO server, but once the aforementioned license comes through (hopefully today!) then it will be a full S2Q server. Find it on [dSRC] Nursery, It is moderated most of the time when kidz are about, and there are no options to kick/ban people..except for me or the other admins. NO bad behaviour/intentional wrecking or swearing is allowed..Hopefully the next generation of aliens will come through there! Anybody wishing to join, pm/email me for password, stating age/experience of the junior in question..so that we can keep the 'levels' more or less the same
More info here: http://dsrc.digiserv.net/forum/showthread.php?t=933

Posted WAY back in March 2006!!

Only change is its now called [dSRC] Training Grounds instead!
Great idea!

I wish you lots of luck with it.

Serp.
Not a father myself, but still gotta give you props for a great idea!
Nice idea! I think my little daughter (2 years old) will give it a shot, even if I have to press the pedals for her. She loves my DFP, but maybe isn't interested in driving in a straight line ...

The SERVER NAME PLEASE
Quote from sshhaabb :The SERVER NAME PLEASE

Its not available yet, but will let you all know when it is.
Nice idea (Wish i was a father to join in ), oh wait im 17 so technicaly i can join wooo hahaha 18 in a week or so damn
my dad doesnt like lfs >.<

Quote from My Dad : I like shoot em ups where you kill people

+1
Great idea. You never know, we might produce some new LFS offspring!
Fabulous.!!! My wEEners are gonna love this.Nice one Fordman.!
Quote from Fordman :Its not available yet, but will let you all know when it is.

Thanks

My daughter cant wait to go on

Please remnind in bold!!!!
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis
That's a great idea, I'll take my younger brother on to play, if that's ok.

Children of LFS
(102 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG