The online racing simulator
arrgh! someone cracked my lfs account
í wanted to enter a server today, and got the message: "username already online". -> :wtf2:

lfs world told me the same, i saw this guy has already driven 100 kms today, and there is nothing i can do about it :yikes:
any suggestions. did this happen to someone else before.
what can i do ? do i have to create a new account and lost my nick and all my records ?

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:
email the devs for a faster reply
#3 - axus
He probably does not have your WEB Pass. You can change your GAME Pass on liveforspeed.net using your WEB Pass. He then would not know the new GAME Pass and just to be safe change the WEB Pass too.
Change the GAME password. It could be hacked, but your LFS account is still yours, under your control.

[edit] axus was faster
Quote from dUmAsS :email the devs for a faster reply

done
Quote from detail :Change the GAME password. It could be hacked, but your LFS account is still yours, under your control.

[edit] axus was faster

yes, thx.
just found this option right now. i was under the impression that it was impossible to change the game passoword.
thx a lot

edit: thx axus
#7 - (SaM)
Yeah, changing the password is really easy. You dont even have to remember the old password, just type in a new one.
It should promote changing passwords every now n then, just to prevent stuff like this happening like SnowFairy.
let us know what happens, if he succeeds again or whatever ...
changed my web- and gamepwd - and meanwhile i am back online again. i wonder how he/she worked out my pwd, might have been someone who knows me
Schneefee, I don't know if this is useful, but I got that same "Username already online" error message today. I had just been disconnected from a server due to some sort of random internet trouble, and then when I tried to reconnect to the same server I got the "Username is already online" message. I got the message again when I tried to connect to an alternative server. Then I killed LFS and restarted it, and bingo, no more problems. Are you sure this was really a hacking of your account and not some bug related to hanging connections to servers?
Quote from jtr99 :Schneefee, I don't know if this is useful, but I got that same "Username already online" error message today. I had just been disconnected from a server due to some sort of random internet trouble, and then when I tried to reconnect to the same server I got the "Username is already online" message. I got the message again when I tried to connect to an alternative server. Then I killed LFS and restarted it, and bingo, no more problems. Are you sure this was really a hacking of your account and not some bug related to hanging connections to servers?

Yep same thing happened here but if there were miles driven then looks a bit wiffy
what u mentioned i ve had several times already - but after a couple of seconds its was solved everytime. this case was unfortunatly real.
Remember kids, always use a strong password and never tell ANYONE what your PW is.
Should the game and web passwords be different?
yes that would be alot more secure
Quote from ajp71 :Should the game and web passwords be different?

why not? Seems like a good idea :P
if they wouldn't be different, there wouldn't be much sense in having a web and game password
I'm just a lazy git get confused remembering 1 password.
Quote from ajp71 :I'm just a lazy git get confused remembering 1 password.

even you can be helped as you can even print out your lfs passwords on www.liveforspeed.net .....

3j
and as has been said, your gamepassword can be changed in 10 seconds if you forget it. And you don't even really have to remember it, because it's stored in your LFS anyway. You only really need it when you have to unlock, or if you visit a friend and you want to use your account in his LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG