The online racing simulator
New here! Have some questions plz help
Hello ppl!

I brought s2 license like somewhere week ago maybe and i love it!
At the moment i have some crappy wheel x-trsut vibraforce or somehing like that. It only does 180degree but thats enough for me. I was thinking of buying DFP as G25 is like way to expensive just for steering wheel, i still think 60 quid is bit to expensive but i heard lots of good comments about it. (i say its expensive cos i still live with my parent and i cant get something that much from my pocket money, bu my birthday was on 29th dec and i got £320 and still £150 left). I wanted the wheel and i was about to buy it actually somewhere like 40% of fun and 60% of manual gearshifting. Until i saw some threads about joystick H shifter.

Ok my questions now-
I have some really (and i mean really) old joystick. Its 2 button 2 axis i think. Still works great. I was about o change it that i thought if its possible to make out of my joystick. its not ff, but H doesnt seem to require FF. So is it possible? (I will post some pics of the joystick later to have a look for u).

And something else-
How on earth will i have to program it to shift up in game. I mean on LFs controls its only says shift up and shift down. I mean how will i have to do that than i get my stick into 1st gear place the gear changes onto 1st gear in game. I dont get it at all. illepall

Plz help me. i really want to build my own gearshifter because its more fun in game and its fun building it. make how u want it. THX everyone!
#2 - Jakg
change shift-mode from "Sequential" to "Shifter"
Yeah i get it now but when i go 1st gear and i want to change the button axis i pull my stick into 1st gear place but it doesnt change it? Plz can someone explain it more to me like when to turn the program and stuff ty!
#4 - Jakg
erm, have you got Joy2Key running?

EDIT - i mean do you have FFShifter running
You need this program to make your joystick report as several "buttons" in a certain area. If you have that up and running, you just need to set the shiftmode to "shifter" and give each button/joystick position a gear.
Yep i got the program but i dong think you get what i am trying to say. I load the program i go to setting bt and it goes 1st gear Q 2nd gear A. yep that how it should be (i think so). leave program running go to lfs open control choose "shifter" go to control pad and whats next. i can find the patch where to mount your joystic to change gears. I mean when i would go top left it would be 1st gear. bottom left secon gear etc etc. anyone get me?
#7 - Jakg
yeap, you have to assign 1st to a keypress, and the keypress is stated in the other program

(This is why people get G25's!)
Omg this is too much of a mudle i think i will just forget about it. i dont get.... it would be good if someone would make a tut on how to set it to work. but i guess other get it its just me probably.
What's so complicated about this?

I don't have this virtual H shifter installed, but from what I've read when you run the program, you have six areas you can move your joystick into, and you can assign each area a "keystroke". So you can set it up to use QAWSED (for gears 123456 respectively). You should even be able to verify that the program works by opening a text editor and moving around the joystick - if I'm not mistaken letters should appear while moving it.

As soon as you got it to work, you go to LFS > Options > Controls and set "Gear shift mode" to "shifter". After that you click on the button that appeared in the middle of the screen labelled "Shifter", then you assign the previously used keys to the corresponding gears.
yes i got it now for sure. one think thou Jakg says i will need the mouse recorder or whats its called and you android dont say anything aout it. Well i think i will need it because i will have to set q top left for my joystick to be 1st gear. yes or no?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG