The online racing simulator
skinsX folder size
(32 posts, started )
#26 - Davo
I just leave them be and replace the low res skins I have with the high res version if I can get them. I don;t think the miodied fdate works well becaue lfs wouldn't modify the file each time its viewed. So my thinking is I might deleet a skin that someone is actually using I race with and will have to download it again, arrghh.

I wonder how many gbs of skins there are on LFSW.
Quote from Davo :
I wonder how many gbs of skins there are on LFSW.

87000 skins requiring 26GiB of storage (storage includes both 512 ans 1024 versions)

I have "skin last used" info stored and could output it through a webpage. Someone could fairly easily make a skin-folder-cleanup app that uses that info I suppose. If there's any interest let me know.
#28 - Davo
whoa, 87000 and I've only got 2000 of them hehe

hehe cool, thanks for that info very interesting
Just delete directory once in a while....its simple and easy
500MB is nothing, jeez.
#31 - Jakg
80,000 to go

Ok, i normally have hi-res versions - any skini see on the forum i save to Skins_X, and i have all the STCC skins (and the UKCT, and MG skins), although every time someone updates their skin it gets over-written, which is a bit annoying
Hi Vic..

Quote from Victor :87000 skins requiring 26GiB of storage (storage includes both 512 ans 1024 versions)

I have "skin last used" info stored and could output it through a webpage. Someone could fairly easily make a skin-folder-cleanup app that uses that info I suppose. If there's any interest let me know.

That's a lotta skins!

If you could made the info available, I'll have a gander

Something like 'lfsworld.net/skinsx.php?f_id=$filename' that returned a single line text string with a date (Unix timestamp?) would be great.

Regards,

Ian

skinsX folder size
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG