The online racing simulator
Weird downshift problem?
(14 posts, started )
#1 - mr_x
Weird downshift problem?
I was just racing on the team server doing a 1 hour GTR stint and suddenly I was unable to shift down the gears (G25 in Sequential mode). So I thought change the gears back to H-shift mode and quickly set that up on a straight. H-shift worked fine, so I thought change it back to Sequential again, it worked properly until I came out of the menus, then it stopped working again, I pressed ESC and once again it worked.

I've figured it's definately an LFS problem as when I go to the controller setup in windows when it isn't working in LFS it works fine there. Also upshift works 100% of the time.
#2 - mr_x
help anyone?? It's starting to get very annoying now
#3 - Davo
Does it work in other cars?
#4 - mr_x
any car when i'm using sequential mode, I presume anyway, had it happen in the FXR, XFR, XFG and UF1 so far. As I said in my first post, it seems to be an LFS problem not a controller problem. i've never had the problem when I've been playing RACE or RBR and it works in the controller setup when it 'sticks' in LFS.
#5 - Davo
No idea really, seems like some weird bug that might;ve appeared for god knows what reason. Try a fresh LFS install if it persists.
Do you restart Lfs, after doing that !?
It often solves that kind of problems
#7 - mr_x
Quote from alland44 :Do you restart Lfs, after doing that !?
It often solves that kind of problems

It's annoying quitting LFS to fix it while I'm on lap 8 of a 10 lap race.

I'll download a fresh copy of LFS tomorrow, see if that fixes it.
Yep, I've had this problem also. It happens randomly where I can't downshift. I have to close the game and then re-open it and it will work again... Odd.
How have you set up the shifting X? Originally in H mode, or sequential? Patch V, or less, and did you write any scripts if patch V?
I use a joystick so its just a button for shifting up and down.
same problem with MS Sidewinder FF Wheel
Hi,

I have the same problem with my wheel . It is a couple of years old and so I thought it is broken. But a friend of me has the same problem with his Logitech wheel. That made me perplex.

I had no time to check yet, but I will do the following over the next days:
- play LFS until the "bug" comes up
- then switch to GTR and check if i can't shift there too
- check if the bug comes up only in multiplayer or also in singleplayer
- reinstall LFS patch U (maybe only patch V has the problem?)
- reinstall wheel driver software
- deinstall other driver software (e.g. Logitech keyboard enhancements)
- do a clean windows install with fresh LFS install (last option)

I will get back with my results.

If anyone has a guess what to check additional, you're welcome.

Greets
Franky
#12 - mr_x
Quote from franky_ger :Hi,

I have the same problem with my wheel . It is a couple of years old and so I thought it is broken. But a friend of me has the same problem with his Logitech wheel. That made me perplex.

I had no time to check yet, but I will do the following over the next days:
- play LFS until the "bug" comes up
- then switch to GTR and check if i can't shift there too
- check if the bug comes up only in multiplayer or also in singleplayer
- reinstall LFS patch U (maybe only patch V has the problem?)
- reinstall wheel driver software
- deinstall other driver software (e.g. Logitech keyboard enhancements)
- do a clean windows install with fresh LFS install (last option)

I will get back with my results.

If anyone has a guess what to check additional, you're welcome.

Greets
Franky

I'm fairly sure a fresh windows install won't fix it, I'm about 95% certain that it's an LFS problem as I don't use the Logitech Profiler, or have my keyboard/mouse program running when I'm playing LFS. the only thing I sometimes have running while playing LFS is Media Player and xfire.

It only appeared after I upgraded to patch V if that helps? I know there were some G25 'modifications' made for LFS, wonder if this has anything to do with it?
nothing helped
OK, it seems to be a hardware damage

I could already reproduce the failure in Preferences/Gamecontroller with the Sidewinder software. Even when I deinstall the Sidewinder and the Logitech software I could check it in the Gamecontroller where the buttons light up.

If I turn the wheel the rate of lost buttons press increases (sorry for my english :-).

The Driving Force (blue one) of my mate seems as old as my one. He had to dedust it hardly when he started with lfs in dec. 2006. So it is no reference.

I've asked several guys in lfs about shift problems but nobody else seems to have these problems.

So I might have to buy a new one, probably the G25. But only two buttons on the wheel?

@ mr_x: did the fresh reinstall of lfs solve your problem?

Greets
Franky
I have never had this problem, my gamecube controller and my MOMO wheel were just fine. It may be the media player (you can use OGGs in the lfs ogg folder) if that seems to be the case.

Weird downshift problem?
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG