The online racing simulator
g25 suppliers
(33 posts, started )
I havent got mine yet. With parcel force apperently though so not too long
welcome to g25 world lads :-D
#28 - CSU1
Who wants too sell me their old wheel???
#29 - Jakg
I now have a spare Momo, but it spikes and is crap
#30 - CSU1
Tell ya what, if it spikes I know whats wrong with it so I'll relieve you of it if you don't mind

€-£???
#31 - Jakg
Spikes as pretty much all pedals on the market are self-calibrating, as the pedal moves, it works out the minimum and maximum account the pedal can turn, now due to the way the pedals are made, sometimes if you press in a "certain way" it goes down a little bit more, and so the pedal recalibrates to suit this. THen when you give it full throttle in a normal way, you get 99% of the power.

This carries on until you get 70% of the power, and thats the problem that plagues all Rev A DFP's and Momo's.

If you were to buy mine off me (which i doubt you would), i do have a set of ACT Labs pedals (although they EAT springs) you could get as well, and im sure that using the internals and some engineering you could do something

The other problem is that if you turn the wheel too quick, it "stops seeing" you turning it, and you end up with your wheel at full lock, while the in-game wheel is actually virtually dead-straight. The only solution is to go from lock-too-lock, but in a race this is very impractical.

If you want a cheap wheel, pick up a Rev. A DFP, and a Microsoft Sidewinder ForceFeedback wheel, the DFP will be a good wheel (and if its a Rev. A it will have the dodgy pedals, and so wont go for much), while the Microsoft wheel is ok, but has rather nice pedals which served me well, and you can just leave the DFP's pedals unplugged, and have the Microsoft wheel sitting on the floor plugged into your PC, using it purely for pedals.

Or you could get a new DFP for £50, or get a G25 (if you can afford it, DO IT!!!!!!!!)

do NOT buy a Rev A Momo or DFP unless you plan ripping the pedals apart, or not using the pedals, as it WILL drive you mental!
#32 - CSU1
Quote from Jakg :

do NOT buy a Rev A Momo or DFP unless you plan ripping the pedals apart, or not using the pedals, as it WILL drive you mental!

thanks for advice, I want G25 soooo bad its not funny, I'm sick of bein called Kinder-Surprise
G25 in stock
I've managed to get one from Eclipse computers in Coventry. Never heard of them before and they appeared on page 4 of a google search using the manufactures referance number. It should be here on Tuesday - YIPEE!

g25 suppliers
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG