The online racing simulator
Insim - Is Connection Number is changin?
My question is the ConnNum get when someone is joined to the game, but it will change when somebody leaves the server? I mean the others' ConnNum.
Maybe im blind, but i couldn't find in insim spec.
#2 - filur
struct IS_CNL // ConN Leave (end connection is moved down into this slot)

ok, but what about the player'S ConnNum who's keep playin? Their Connection Number is changed too?
connectionID, userID, playernumber - the documentation is confusing as the terms 'appear' to me at least to vary, and there are two numbers which are tracked and some packets use one and other packets the other! It would be nice to have a single unique number that never changes.

I still struggle to get my head around this, I can do Einsteins riddle - but the insim connundrum defeats me frequently!

I wish I could offer some constructive guidance, but basically in my stuff I try to track it and use it where I have too - but if I can use LFSW name I use that instead.
Quote from Becky Rose :

I wish I could offer some constructive guidance, but basically in my stuff I try to track it and use it where I have too - but if I can use LFSW name I use that instead.

I also use the Username (with a linear search from an array), but some error happens in my server application when somebody leaves the server. Some players can't communicate.

And i think it would be enough to have Uname in every packet, or anything, but in every packet, to identify the racers.
#6 - filur
Quote from CJ Ice :ok, but what about the player'S ConnNum who's keep playin? Their Connection Number is changed too?

incoming CNL {
if (packet.ConnNum < highestConnNum) {
p = getPlayerByConnNum(highestConnNum) // end connection
p.ConnNum = packet.ConnNum // is moved down into this slot
}
}

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG