Canadian Survey
(48 posts, started )
Quote from evilgeek :i'm in Calgary, and i would love to join in on some league races.

i tried to make it to some of the SimFIA North American DTM races this fall, but couldn't make it to a lot of them due to my work schedule (races were weekday evenings). i think that if races were in the afternoon on weekends they could draw from Canada, USA, Mexico, Argentina, early risers from Australia, and Europeans who can't sleep.

i prefer GTR class, but any car will do, really. medium or long tracks to keep it interesting.

There is a mini-enduro league that is in the works with LOTA that is looking like it will run on the weekends. GTRs, driver swaps, etc.
i might be down for something in the road cars
hah, well, I'm getting things underway, but I noticed that I forgot to ask when the schedule would be most suitable for all our great drivers .

Post times/days you'd prefer
Weekends are pretty much always good for me; Friday afternoon or evening, anytime morning afternoon or evening on Saturday or Sunday. Weekdays not so good, have class a couple of evenings a week and often meetings etc weekday evenings.
Friday's about 5:00 PST would be nice.
Weekends at night would be ok, some weeknights. Always nights though (IE 7PM+ MST)
So are you guys looking to make a canadian league or something like that? I'd be interested in joining myself.
late nights either weekend or weekday.
i'll give it a go if you guys are still doing this.

for the car i'd suggest using anything but the most commonly used car/track combos used on the pub servers.
Lurking
I'm lurking on this thread as I might be interested. Raced in NAL and had a blast.
I'm in, any day but Sunday...other commitments.

Any car is fine except for LX series....BLAH

Ant
Elliot Lake,
Ontario
Great to see more and more people interested. I haven't posted lately cause I'm actually completing the website . Hope to have fun soon!
Well, in the process of completing the website, a thought came to haunt me that the original idea not might work all that well. Therefore, I am coming again to the people whom it concerns to see what method they feel appropriate to compete in.

So, two ideas remained on the table to be used for this Canada Cup league.

1- (Original Idea) The league uses Provincial Teams (teams/teammates based by province) and compete. There is an overall provincial winning team that becomes "Team Canada".
--- The problem with this thing is that so far, we would be lacking in number of various provinces. Therefore, according to calculation, we would get only 4 different provinces enter, and some provinces such as Ontario, be repeated by the high number of people.

2- (New Idea) Individual championship method. Each person competes individually to obtain the rank of Canadian Champion.

With these 2 new ideas put across, I would like to receive feedback on which championship method would be most wanted. Post away!
Maybe instead of Provincial teams, try and pair 2 people from each region/province together, so I.E. If Jeff (BBT) and I were the only ones from Western Canada (which we aren't) then we would be classified as Team West Canada) Then 2 drivers from Central Canada could be Team Central Canada, then so on.

Option number 2 would be to allow us to choose our own teammates or have a HL rank where we must be under xxx time, and the slowest gets paired with quickest, 2nd slowest with 2nd quickest and so on?

Also, Re-Thinking, A good time would be Weeknights, maybe Wednesday or Thursday at about 5:00 PM PST?
I know you guys are trying to get a Canadian only league going here, but what you are describing is nearly identical to what LOTA is already doing. Most of our drivers are North American. We run on Thursdays, and will be having team championships along with individual in the two Formula series that start on February 15th.

We are also planning another series that will run on Mondays, probably an MRT series, or perhaps a road car of some sort. Some of you have run the NAL, and since they have gone away, LOTA is trying to present a quality series in which people of this part of the world can compete.

I respect your idea of running a Canadian league, but I also ask that if you do go ahead with this, that you run on a night that doesn't interfere with series that are already running, like LOTA and SimFIA DTM.
I'm amazed at how you continuously come back to haunt this project. Can't people start their own leagues anymore?
I apologize if that is what you think I am doing. I know how difficult it is to get and keep a racing series running. I've done it in real life, and am now doing it online. I just want to work with you to make sure we don't pull racers from each other by running on the same night.

I'll retract my other post if you want.
Sure.. go for it.

Just SimFIA DTM and LotA F08 series are now established on Tues. and Thurs. nights. And there is the Chops Sunday Night Cup.

What I believe Banshee is trying to get at is that there is already a fairly limited pool of 'North American' drivers, so we don't want to get into situations where we are all cross-competing on the same night and drawing drivers from one series or another!

As for afternoons on the weekends, those are usually tough to do as most people are busy at that time. It might work to run on weekends either at night (if you are willing to give up prime Sat. night "party time") or earlier in the morning before the days activities really begin. OWRL effectively races on Sat. afternoons due to the time difference, yet I know for myself and I heard it from a few people who have raced in LotA, that the afternoon is just inconvenient.

That all being said, its not to discourage, just to point out a few items that we've learned setting up LotA and/or running in other leagues such as NAL (or myself, going back from NROS days through VROC, etc. with Papryus' sims).

Quote from Knight_Atack :I'm amazed at how you continuously come back to haunt this project. Can't people start their own leagues anymore?

Oh, I completely understand your points. It's perfectly normal to arrange the calendars in accordance as the NA market is not the same as the EU one. And don't worry, I am not here to make competition to other strong organized leagues
Might I suggest we call the Leauge "Trans Canada Racing [TCR]*

Longest Highway in the world. Some skins.

I'd also like to suggest running an early Saturday League...16:00 UTC (11:00AM EST)

Ant
Attached images
FO8 TCR.jpg
FXR TCR.jpg
XRR TCR.jpg
FZR TCR.jpg
Quote from AtomAnt :I'd also like to suggest running an early Saturday League...16:00 UTC (11:00AM EST)

Ant

Bless your heart!

edit: nice skins!

edit edit: Well, I work mon-fri 9-5, Sunday morning is out, Thursday night is out. Hopefully a normal "working man's" schedule can be sorted.
This idea is being discussed as a joint venture between Knight_Attack and LOTA. Right now, Friday nights seem to be the choice-of-the-minute, and the car appears to be XRT/RB4 and maybe the FXO w/passenger.
#48 - Nard
That'd be an idea. Actually, I have no idea if this has been brought up, but since the NA pool of racers is somewhat small, why not just make something like 4 divisions, with cross division races where the grids are separated by general championship standings, leading to a hockey playoffs styled series at the end of a season where the fastest of each division battle it off for a cup?

That way, you get people from the same general timezones and countries racing together, but those grids don't require amazing lap times to enter. Then when you do cross-division races, the faster guys get paired up, and the slower guys get paired up, leading to the fastest of the slowest getting roughly equal points to the slowest of the fastest. At the end of such a season, the slower guys would have a better chance to get in the finals.

Basicly dividing east/west and north/south, you get 4 divisions, and hopefully (provided attendance for each division's around 10 people) you get 40 people racing towards a championship. This way, you get a 4 sided regional challenge, where both the slower and faster guys fight to represent their division on the global championship. It'd be a nice way to merge a canadian only league into a NA league.

I know that it'd be pretty easy to get at least a couple guys from eastern Canada, we get a solid 8 in our Quebec league each 2 weeks, with peak attendance of roughly 15.

Anyway, I'm all for getting more league races, be it global or canadian. But I do like the idea of canadian/regional subdivisions.

Canadian Survey
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG