The online racing simulator
new evo x
(97 posts, started )
as ive said in another forum ... a car i wouldnt want to wake up next to
Hay all.

That is indeed the NEW EVO 10, and will be available later this year. We have just become a Mitsu Dealer, so I can see all the inside Info. Nice looking car, but with that sort of power, being squeezed out of a 2.0l engine, you know you will have to pay for it, and not just the price tag.

These cars have to be service EVERY 3 MONTHS or 2,000 miles and thats a full mitsubishi service.

If you miss it, then no warrenty work for you.

But that do go like stink

Guess whats on my Company car Wish list :ices_rofl
#28 - JTbo
Quote from Fordman :Hay all.

These cars have to be service EVERY 3 MONTHS or 2,000 miles and thats a full mitsubishi service.

is that for the 10?? cos the evo's now have a 6 month 4500 mile interval.
i like the look of the 10 but the 5's still the one for me
The V I drove was sort of fun. Quite flingable, and lots of grip, but ultimately a bit of a let down - you could do what you liked and the car would sort itself out.

I guess that's great for making people feel like a God, but I'd much rather a car let me know I was crap at driving, so I could improve. I don't want my shortcomings covered up by some computer trickery.

I'd never buy one. I'd never want one for more than an hour at a time. But I'd rather have a Snitchy than an Impressy.
When I first saw the Concept drawings it was alright.
But now I hate it. I think it's ugly. :/

(Good videos though.)
Quote from tristancliffe :The V I drove was sort of fun. Quite flingable, and lots of grip, but ultimately a bit of a let down - you could do what you liked and the car would sort itself out.

I guess that's great for making people feel like a God, but I'd much rather a car let me know I was crap at driving, so I could improve. I don't want my shortcomings covered up by some computer trickery.

I'd never buy one. I'd never want one for more than an hour at a time. But I'd rather have a Snitchy than an Impressy.

thats a big misconception about evo's and all jap cars really, that their filled with computers driving the car for you and that you cant crash, ive not driven a later evo but the 5/6 yes they have active yaw control but they do not drive the car for you. if anything i find the ayc abit tricky to master, cos if a car oversteers natrual reaction would tell you to correct but by doing that your in a heap of trouble. and trust me these cars crash just as easily as any other car on the road.
as for the old vs new i prefer the r32 skyline over the newer models same with the rx7, and i still love the look of the evo 3 but companys have to move forward and i think the new evo is a step in the rioght direction
Quote from ACLRacer :Sorry guys STI rules
320 HP ~450 Nm

now your just being silly......... (unless its a spec c or a litchfield type 25)

then you need somthing proper fast *points at simon norris*
928bhp!!!!!!

Sure i´m silly
but 4 me 320 hp is enough. sure everything above is fine, but most of these extreme modifid engines dont last that long and they r extreme expensive cos u have to change a couple of things like intercooler, turbo, exhaust system etc. i wanna drive that car (nearly) every day. its a 2003 sti with a gp EcuTek mod.
greetz noGrip

ps. evo 5/6 r my fav
Quote from ACLRacer :Sure i´m silly
but 4 me 320 hp is enough. sure everything above is fine, but most of these extreme modifid engines dont last that long and they r extreme expensive cos u have to change a couple of things like intercooler, turbo, exhaust system etc. i wanna drive that car (nearly) every day. its a 2003 sti with a gp EcuTek mod.
greetz noGrip

ps. evo 5/6 r my fav

totally agree i used to use my old impreza every day and it never let me down. i was just saying that you cant really compare impreza's with lancer evo's because they are built for different things, if i wanted an everyday fast car that didnt break down and was comfy then id buy a subaru, if i wanted something that was seriously fast round a track in any conditions but alittle hard to live with everyday the id buy an evo.
or an sti ra spec c, they are the only standard subaru ive seen beat standard evo's round a track
If I wanted a fast everyday car it wouldn't be 4WD. If I wanted a fast track day car it wouldn't be 4WD.

However, for a good nights sleep nothing beats sending drive to all wheels.
i said a fast car in any conditions, not just fast round a track in the dry,
and besides with a evo 8mr or 9 gt and £2000 on moding you have a 400/400 car that will take some beating round a track even in a novices hands, and then you can drive it to the shops and drop off the kids at school, not many cars can say that
They might well be quick, but at the expense of fun. I'd much rather lap slower and spend my time grinning then falling asleep. Regardless of the weather.
If I want to go fast, I would buy an Ariel Atom
#40 - JJ72
you can buy a manual 993 carrera 2 with that money now, for me it would be a simple decision.
I agree with Tristan =)

2k mile checkup, jeez. I thought my 3 month 3k was bad on my SRT-4 =)

Dodge's new SRT model makes 300 BHP or a good 350-370 at the crank and they still get 28MPG so, this would make the EVO much easier to drive everyday. But then if you can fork out the cash to pay for one then you could probably be able to pay for the fuel too =)
Quote from tristancliffe :Regardless of the weather.

I know a Subaru (legacy)-driver who would have fun to pull you and your fun car out of the ditch in the snow
Wouldn't be the first time for him. And the Jeep Wrangler of my father showed me the immense grip of 4x4 on slippery surfaces, but it's driven with 2WD most of the time. Wouldn't mind having a fun car for summer and a 4wd for winter. I'm stuck with my fwd polo atm anyway
Quote from JJ72 :you can buy a manual 993 carrera 2 with that money now, for me it would be a simple decision.

cheap to buy but not cheap to run

and to tristan, how can a evo be called boring i dont know, mind you even if you bought a 12ltr Weineck Cobra but only drive to work at 60mph every day that could be called a boring car to drive,
ok another car, prodrive had the P2 concept this is the xtreme X1 concept
wot do u guys think?? front looks like the new skyline i think

#46 - JTbo
Quote from andybarsblade :ok another car, prodrive had the P2 concept this is the xtreme X1 concept
wot do u guys think?? front looks like the new skyline i think

Quite horribe

This one has not even single angle or spot that would look good, that is quite well done as usually there is at least some detail or angle that is nice, but in this they have managed to miss them all

Well, ok, steering wheel looks nice, that's about it
Disgusting! And the interior is 60's bland, only without the tasteful materials. JTbo said it about right, but I disagree about the wheel.

And yup, I think Evo's are boring. Having driven a few cars I can safely say the Evo is not at the top of the list of entertainment value. But I appreciate that you clearly didn't start this thread to get comments and critisism on the car, as you become all defensive whenever anything bad about (a big list) is mentioned. Oh, and you can edit posts, so there is no need to do 17 in a row.
im not getting defensive im just stating the facts? not going on a blind misconceptioon that because a cars got 4wd its boring thats just an ignorant statement, i agree that concept x is an rough looking thing tho.
oh and thanks for telling me how to post

just seen that you drive a mazda mx5.............
I would want a 4WD for it's handling.
So that means a Subaru Legacy for me
I don't think that it is really that bad. I admit that the rear looks plain horrible, the front looks riced and the whole look of the car is imho over designed. Though, I really like the silhouette of the car, reminds me of some ferraris in good way. Since awd cars are prodrive's specialty it is understandanble why the car is awd but imho it would work so much better if it was rwd. The interiors look horrible but boxy enough to go for an 80's design, which isn't too bad imho. It gives certain brutal feel for the car but as a whole that's exactly what the is missing. Brutality.

new evo x
(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG