The online racing simulator
Online Fluidity - As good as it gets?
Hi - I've recently upgraded to version V and was excited to see mention of improvements with online smoothness. I'm sure that it has been improved but the thing I was hoping to see improved was the motion of cars seen ahead from your driving view. I'm not seeing any improvement here.

The particular scenario I'm looking at is when the car infront of you power slides through a bend. From their perspective the motion is progressive and smooth. When viewed from a following vehicle, the sliding car will most often jerk from straight to sideways and then back again.

Is this as good as it gets at this stage of developemnt? Or is this a known issue associated with poor tuning?

Note: This is on a high speed LAN with High Spec machines and a dedicated server. Behaviour the same for versions U and V and all before.

thanks, Adrian
#2 - Jakg
tried turning the packet per second up to max? it should be 12 when over LAN - when i used to run LFS over LAN at 12 it was SILKY smooth
May thanks, I've now upped server and clients to 12. Will see how that improves things.

ps. I grew up in East Anglia, in and around Peterborough. Have not been there for years. Must come back some time

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG