The online racing simulator

Poll : Interested in a "race of champions" super event?

Hell yeah, where do I sign up
Hell no, I hate the car
Hell no, you do realise the race is nearly an hour and a half!!!!!
Hell no, I hate the track
Gauging interest, one off "race of champions" super event
Ok guys, just gauging interest for a one off special super event, it's a difficult race, it's meant to be, sort of like a "race of champions" type thing.

There will be a qualification event, as well as the full race.

Full race

Car : LX6
Track : Aston Historic
Laps : 30

Any takers?, if I can get a good interest I will sort it.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
The grid will get spread out after a bit, but with pitstops and the inevitable crashes and off's then it should mean you will see at least someone else at some point.

I may even decide to have 10 LX6's and 10 something else's, maybe LX4's.

Bottomline, I wanted a difficult event
The timing is a bit off . The LFS lemans league has that same combo on Jan 27th and LXCC has the AS GP on Jan 16th. Both long races.

Otherwise I'd be very interested
Ahhh.......didn't notice that, back to the drawing board then
#5 - axus
I've got a race on Aston Historic Rev with the LX6 this week (South African event) - its a really sweet combo. IMO Rev is way better. It will definitely be one of the "special endurance" races in LXCC season 2. Dan, have you looked at getting together a second T7R team for LXCC if you like the cars? I would join for some one-off LX6 awesomeness though - but not on that date.
what about LX6 on FE Black? Nobody uses that track anymore!
Yeah, I was racing that track a while ago..........good thinking Niki

As for LXCC, I did think about it, and in hindsight it would have been a good idea to enter, maybe next season
#9 - axus
Quote from nikimere :what date? did i miss something

Oh, sorry - from Hyper's post I thought it would be somewhere around the LXCC races. Oops.

As for FE Black, we're also running that in LXCC - Event 9 - 30.01.2007 / 03.02.2007.
No, no date yet, probably far into Feb though
Quote from axus :As for FE Black, we're also running that in LXCC - Event 9 - 30.01.2007 / 03.02.2007.

Jeez!! Did u guys just take EVERY track!?
Black Rev then would still be good, actually all FE reversed tracks i think are better than the normal way round.
#12 - axus
Quote from nikimere :Jeez!! Did u guys just take EVERY track!?
Black Rev then would still be good, actually all FE reversed tracks i think are better than the normal way round.

Nah, not quite:

Aston North
Aston Grand Prix
Blackwood Rev
Fern Bay Black
Fern Bay Gold Reversed
Kyoto GP Long Rev
South City Long
South City Town Rev
Westhill Rev

For season 2 I'm thinking of these:

Aston Club
Aston Historic Rev
Blackwood
Fern Bay Green Reversed
Fern Bay Club
Kyoto National Reversed
Kyoto GP Long
South City Sprint 1
Westhill

... just to keep the variety going, as much as LFS allows.
Maybe this single event will give those that don't have time to participate in a league the opertunuty to race the LX6 in a serious environment in a long(er) race?
#14 - axus
Quote from danowat :Maybe this single event will give those that don't have time to participate in a league the opertunuty to race the LX6 in a serious environment in a long(er) race?

Its an interesting idea - maybe we can help each-other out here.
How about a special "one-off race" division of LXCC running single events once a month or so? I know some of the LXCC people will be interested in more racing... we've got a great server now (we tested last night with three people - one from Canada, one from UK and me from SA and we had no problems with warping at all). I've already got a pretty comprehensive rule set which can be adapted for your purposes... Let me know if you're interested - just an idea... not trying to monopolise the LX organised racing or anything . MoE and LFS-GT have a similar thing going and it works great from what I've seen.

(I don't really have time to run something like this myself - I've already got my plate full with two LXCC divisions so it would still be "your thing")
Quote from axus :Its an interesting idea - maybe we can help each-other out here.
How about a special "one-off race" division of LXCC running single events once a month or so? I know some of the LXCC people will be interested in more racing... we've got a great server now (we tested last night with three people - one from Canada, one from UK and me from SA and we had no problems with warping at all). I've already got a pretty comprehensive rule set which can be adapted for your purposes... Let me know if you're interested - just an idea... not trying to monopolise the LX organised racing or anything . MoE and LFS-GT have a similar thing going and it works great from what I've seen.

Sounds good to me, exactly what I was thinking
Great combo, have fun!
#18 - Vain
I'm not going to support any event of you that isn't called "Road Sport Summer Cup".
I'm still waiting for season two.

Vain
Quote from Vain :I'm not going to support any event of you that isn't called "Road Sport Summer Cup".
I'm still waiting for season two.

Vain

Yeah, I did think about it, but I still feel bad for dumping the majority of the admin work from the 1st season onto Andrew...........

We shall see though, I haven't ruled it out completely.........

BTW, you'll be banned, you're too damn fast
you might want to change the name of your event, this is race of champions:
http://www.raceofchampions.com/

Busta made a great ROC layout for the carpark. but,I dont think you have this in mind
Quote from danowat :a one off special super event, it's a difficult race, it's meant to be, sort of like a "race of champions" type thing.

Looks like it is & I would be very interested if we had a ROC layout, some crowd noise mod & a similar format to the real thing.
Hey you could even hold qualifiers & have the final Televised/Live streamed over the net like OLFSL

A tricky LX race just aint gona cut the mustard.....
i*ve got confused by the title as well... race of champions is something else... sorry for my wrong vote.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG