The online racing simulator
#liveforspeed geting out of hand
(82 posts, closed, started )

Poll : should Vrooom and Zeeall be unbaned?

Closed since :
No
Yes
#1 - Scoop
I'm starting to get upset by the situation in the Liveforspeed channell especialy by the permanent ban of 2 ppl who in my opinion did not deserve it, id like to make a sugestion to unban Vrooom and Zeeall and for the future for all permanent bans a poll should be organised in true demacratic fashion before any action is taken.
Where is the 'Other' or 'Undecided' option?
#3 - Scoop
Tweak if ppl can't decided then don't vote, true democratic fashion
whoever said the irc was a democracy?

if you dont like the irc admin's decision then dont chat there
does anyone actually know what they did?
#6 - Scoop
we are talking about the Liveforspeed official channell not some ordanary one i think at least this one should be well organised.
they liked to talk about theyre cars: mini & volvo and post links and they got baned for life
#7 - Don
i voted yes, because the channell is imho too boring last months....channells with much less ppl than in #liveforspeed has got longer logs (and no, there is no spam).
IRC channels don't work that way. Nothing on Internet does. Some people are (and will be) banned, some of the bans will be permanent if they neglect warnings.
#9 - Scoop
i guess huru likes a silent channell where in the evening for about 15 min there are some ppl actualy talking, that's my point it's not yours
lol, banning the two people who talk, a good way to keep the IRC channel as busy as it's reputation
last I checked, spamming links to the same shitty cars all day isn't talking

EDIT: oh and, had you been around for as long as the rest of us Scoop, you'd know who banned Zeeall the first 10-20 times
Now now, just because you don't like mini's doesn't mean they're shitty.
#13 - thd
I voted no

There are 15 active mods in #liveforspeed and they all happen to agree with me. Now, there's democracy for you
#14 - ekze
Quote :#liveforspeed geting out of hand

agree... illepall
I can't even smile there now... everyone hates my "^_^" smile
Can't blame anyone... this is what we all probably look like while in that channel....
Attached images
bored.jpg
its getting out of hand over really silly thing..... oh well. nevermind.
I think I am the only mod that doesn't mind Vrooom or Zeeall's link postings... then again I haven't been a mod in there long enough before I knew about them... still if I ever chat in there I am usually bored out of my mind and any links posted by someone is something to keep me alive :tired:
Quote from Tweaker :I think I am the only mod that doesn't mind Vrooom or Zeeall's link postings... then again I haven't been a mod in there long enough before I knew about them... still if I ever chat in there I am usually bored out of my mind and any links posted by someone is something to keep me alive :tired:

aha truth comes out. You only say hi to me because you're bored. Fine fine see if I share barbies with you.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tinyk :Fine fine see if I share barbies with you.

Don't share Torfinn's girlfriend though!
Attached images
tuhudsgirlfriend.jpg
ROFL, this thread is close to best thread ever award... but misses it
Quote from dUmAsS :whoever said the irc was a democracy?

if you dont like the irc admin's decision then dont chat there

This is so true. Some people don't seem to realise that even this forum here
is not a democracy in any way. Of course, in the interest of the forum, or
chat# in that case, 'rules' are applied in the best interest of the group,
but whether that's fair or not is not usually up for discussion. There's no
people's court for banning.

What CAN be done in the event that a lot of people feel an unfair decision
was made is to send a polite and educated e-mail to the people concerned
(ideally as high as possible in the hierarchy) explaining the situation and
asking for the priviledge of access back for the unfairly judged users. It is
a priveledge, not a right after all.

See it this way, i'm throwing a party at my house. A lot of people come over,
we talk, bla bla bla, one guy goes too far and starts beeing a jerk, i'll tell
him to get the &#$@ out of my house and not come back unless he's civilised
again. Most people would. It's the same here, this is the dev's crib and
you're all invited
Haha, nice thread scoop, gave me a good laugh!

And I actually voted YES..

(MaxMan on IRC)
Quote from tinyk :aha truth comes out. You only say hi to me because you're bored. Fine fine see if I share barbies with you.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

Well you refused my free bubble gum yesterday, so you ain't gettin any playtime with me!!
Fonnybone good point but they were not banned by the devs and that's where i'm trying to get at, permanent bans should only be made by devs not some mod, and like u said u would kick someone out until he behaved himslef well were are talking about permanent ban. And i personaly liked talking to them, i guess a temporary ban 1 month would have tought them a leson but not permanent wtf
#25 - Don
the ops arent taking same meter to all ppl obviously....last time i know of zeeall getting banned was because he posted 1 link to some bmw......another ban for vroom was for pasting 3 links to photos of his own car wrecked because of some lady.

someone obviously waits for every moment to ban someone
This thread is closed

(82 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG