The online racing simulator
setting up 2 moniters...
(13 posts, started )
setting up 2 moniters...
iv just connectwed up another moniter and i have windows displayed on both screens, and also i can drag from screen 1 to screen 2, but let say im playing a game on screen 1 how do i say look on net on screen 2...

that make sence....
#2 - ajp71
Don't quite understand the question but I think what your trying to say is if you have a full screen app (game) on one monitor how do you use the other monitor without the game loosing focus (minimizing) if you are then I'm afraid there's no way round this as it would go against the windows GUI, bloody annoying though.
oh bugger, thats the only reason i set up another moniter :doh:
You could run all your games in a window, thats about the only solution i can think of. Of course, they will all probably run slower.
i tried that and lfs run really bad
Run windowed, then you can alt-tab.
that just closes the game down anyways...
I run LFS in a window on the main screen, and use the other for chat/teamspeak/stats/other stuff (pr0n).
Admittedley it does cause a 'stutter' when switching from one to the other, and it temporarily disables the input to the game; but I always make sure I am not in a race while switching!
that what iv started to do mate

but im abit disapointed that i cant run lfs in my 2nd screen.. only runs at 10 fps illepall
You can run LFS across both screens but you have to configure the driver to trick Windows it into thinking it's one big display. This varies depending on what make of graphics card you have (i.e. ATI or nVidia).

If you don't do that, only one monitor has 3D acceleration, the other will run in software, which gives crap fps.
oh right iv got a ati radeon x800 pro.. so how do i trick windows
It should be in the ATi Control panel, you should be able to set it to be a Horizontal Span, then you go into LFS, and set the resolution to be like 2560*1024 (2X1280X1024) and it should work.

Note: I don't have an ATi Card anymore, I'm just going from what I recall.
See attached pic for playing with multiple displays through the ATI Control Panel.

Right click on a monitor for options.
Attached images
aticp.PNG

setting up 2 moniters...
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG