The online racing simulator
BMW Sauber
(10 posts, started )
BMW Sauber
Just wondering if LFS has the rights for the 2007 BMW Sauber (or whoever Sauber is with this year)
Just wondering if anyone has any inside info...

IMO, it would be silly having about 12 F1 cars, spanning over the years...so maybe an F1 update every 2/3 years.
I don't think anyone has the rights to it, as rFactor also has it and i'm sure some other ones do to.

I think they get around it because the guys who make the official F1 games made the williams BMW before they split up to BMW Sauber, that's how everyone gets the rights to this one. I don't think we'll see it updated anytime soon though.

I think/hope i'm right with my info but no doubt one of the usuals will have a lengthy reply explaining it in more depth.
as far as i know, the F1 pilots will race with the same cars (or at least the engines will be the same) until 2011.
It says at liveforspeed.net: "The BMW Sauber F1.06"

I guess the deal was only about the '06 version
#5 - ajp71
Really I think updating it should be a low priority, few people use it and the differences between the 06/07 car will not radically change the experience you get in it, LFS has done the F1 car now lets move on to another new, totally different, car
Wouldn't matter how many games have permission to put the car in game as long as they have an agreement with the team they can do it. There is no need to get around it. Sony may have the license to official F1 games but all they really have is the brand. The teams and drivers can put their names to other titles.

A new 3D model and a slightly altered spec sheet isn't going to make a huge change so I'd rather see the time spent on a new type of car not currently simulated by LFS .
#8 - joen
Quote from (-Mark-) :Dunno if this is O/T but i found a link about whats happening to F1 in the future

http://www.starvin4sport.0nyx.com/All-About-The-F1/

Yeah, I really like some of the suspected changes like the bigger and slick tyres, larger wheelbase, etc. Makes you wonder why they got rid of those in the first place, because it's basically back to the early 90's on several aspects.
But they really, really, REALLY need to get rid of that ridiculous rear wing. Actually the rear wings.

More: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17890.html
#9 - ajp71
Quote from joen :larger wheelbase

There increasing the wheelbase again? I really can't see any point in that current F1 cars are already enormous, making them longer will only make them less agile/able to pass at low speeds and less able to cope with anything other than the horrible Tilke creations that are already lost on anything other than an F1 car. It's not as if they are currently suffering high speed stability problems as it is.
#10 - joen
Sorry, wrong choice of words I meant to say the width of the car

BMW Sauber
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG