The online racing simulator
Turbo Cars and Brakes
(5 posts, started )
Turbo Cars and Brakes
I was playing around with the turbo cars today, having been reading up on Rally Technology.

Currently there's no system that stops you simply glueing the throttle down, and then cranking the braking force untill you can lock the wheels at full power in first gear...

The advantage of this is that you're always on boost as you come off the brakes, and maximum power is developed instantly, with zero spool time.

The inspiration for doing this came from the on throttle braking used by some rally drivers before the invention of the bang bang anti lag system, it puts great strain on the brakes, but if you're well within their capacity, can give an advantage.

Not sure if anyone cares as it's very obscure and hard to drive with, but there it is.

thought I'd stick it out in the open, naturally when brake fade has its development time, in due course, this wont be a problem, but until then, it could perhaps be considered a cheat.
#2 - herki
that's a driving technique, not a bug
In a perfectly modeled world perhaps, but I would class it in the same category as collision exploits, taking advantage in an unrealistic manner due to a deficit in real world penalty...

oh, and I couldn't think of a better place to put the post.
#4 - herki
Quote from z3r0c00l :In a perfectly modelled world perhaps, but I would class it among collision exploits, taking advantage in an unrealistic manner due to a deficit in real world penalty...

I couldn't think of a better place to put the post.

Well it requires a decent amount of skill to do it right (i.e. getting the brakes points right/etc.) and in the short races, you would wear and heat the brakes, but considering they are race-brakes, I don't think you'd break them in such a short time.
If it was an easy to use exploit, which would make you gain a large benfit (like cutting), I'd say your right. But atm it is more like having a manual clutch to shift faster.
#5 - ajp71
It's a physics bug in LFS that allows this to happen but it's hardly a cheat just like every other sim LFS does have aliens who take advantage of physics bugs (in fact the majority of your average grid (non-rx) is taking advantage of unrealistic locked diffs).

Turbo Cars and Brakes
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG