The online racing simulator
Something for full servers
(12 posts, started )
It wuld be great if we wuld have something like Auto-Retry button to join Full lfs servers , When server is full you push the auto retry button and when somebody leave the server it will automatlicly join it like Carrbbean Cruise server where is inpossible to join
what do you think
Quote from RudolfR :It wuld be great if we wuld have something like Auto-Retry button to join Full lfs servers , When server is full you push the auto retry button and when somebody leave the server it will automatlicly join it like Carrbbean Cruise server where is inpossible to join
what do you think

I think that's a bad idea. We already have the "too many clicks" thing specifically to prevent people from spamming a server with join requests. If you were able to have the program constantly request a join you'd hammer the bandwidth on the server without even ever joining it.
But if the system were automated, could you not join a queue, so the server could tell the client "I have a slot free now" and it would try to join. If there is no response it can send a message to the next person in the list, and so on.

You could even see your position in the queue. Just adds cheesy low fidelty music and it will be like waiting on the phone!
Quote from Bob Smith :But if the system were automated, could you not join a queue, so the server could tell the client "I have a slot free now" and it would try to join. If there is no response it can send a message to the next person in the list, and so on.

You could even see your position in the queue. Just adds cheesy low fidelty music and it will be like waiting on the phone!

Now that's an idea I can get behind (minus the hold music ). I can definitely see value in something like this, so long as the server isn't stressed by the feature.
It would be a little like the waiting method used on poker rooms I presume.

+1
Quote from Bob Smith :Just adds cheesy low fidelty music and it will be like waiting on the phone!

Greensleeves?
i would suggest "memories" as background music *g*
Sounds good to me!

And I'm glad it's difficult to get into our servers !
Quote from Bob Smith :You could even see your position in the queue. Just adds cheesy low fidelty music and it will be like waiting on the phone!

Er, easy there Bob. Some of that music you hear when on hold on the phone, I'm beginning to recognize as music that I've listened to as a youngster . Some of it, very infrequently I might add, but some of it.
... the weather channel messed with my mind when i was a younger kid enough.. no need for cheesy music!
Sounds great, but it needs also to allow admin entry regardless, if it didn't then i'd never - ever - be able to admin STCC servers.
Reserve a spectator slot for admin (maybe even have a setting for how many reserved admin slots) and player queueing system. When the server is full (22 slots filled) admin has still the one slot left and can join as she/he wishes without waiting or queueing. Normal humans queue and get into the server as slots are opened.

The queueing could be easily done (in terms of usability) so that LFS asks the user when connecting to full server that would she/he like to wait in the queue for a free slot. Also it would be nice to see how many people are in the queue and and how many of them are in front of you...

But no waiting muzak

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG