The online racing simulator
In-car with the XRT at South City.
(11 posts, started )
Yesterday evening a few buddies and I ran a quick race down in South City. Yes, we were street racing, but there was no other traffic around so it's cool. I thought that I should capture it on tape so I mounted a camera between the seats of my XRT and filmed the whole thing. The quality isn't great but I think it's good enough to get a feeling for the race.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKWmsmKd0WQ

edit: the YouTube version has a problem with the audio sync. You can get a better quality, synced audio version here: http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/51585/LFS-in-carLQ.avi.html
Nice, though the sound seems to lag behind 2 seconds for me.
Nice, but the sounds is out of sync so it makes me feel funny :S
-
(Cue-Ball) DELETED by Cue-Ball : edited original post
Nice one!
Wow, just wow f*cking awesome!.
But is that just one !BIG! screen or like three?.
Because that would be freaking sweet to have!.
Very interesting. It would be nice to see this in action online
wow thats a nice vid man can u tell me what i need to get it like that
Thanks for the comments, guys. For those that are interested, here's my setup:

P4 2.4Ghz hyperthreaded proc.
1.5GB RAM
slow-ass 40GB 5400RPM hard drive.
Logitech G25 wheel, pedals, and shifter.
InFocus Screenplay 5000 projector running 1280x720 (720p widescreen ) with a ~57" diagonal image.
Ford Mustang Cobra leather seat on a base made of plywood (this will be replaced with some sort of race frame eventually).

I had some cheapo speakers running for the movie so that the camera would pick up the engine noise. Normally I use headphones with a mic. The projector is mounted on the ceiling and is ~7 feet from the screen. The screen is mounted right in front of the steering wheel. The video was taken with my Canon PowerShot SD400 camera in movie mode and was attached to the seatbelt bracket on the seat using one of those flexible tripods.

I can probably take some more videos of other tracks or other cars but I dunno if I can capture online racing. Because of the way I have to start the camera it's really easy to start a single player race against the AI and then un-pause after I start the camera. I'd have to figure something else out to do that for an online race or I'd just end up filling up the memory card with me in the garage or sitting on the starting line.
i dont mean extra work for u but if u have scenes where ur just sitting there why dont u edit them out in windows media maker. or gett a bunch of friends and tell them that ur doing this and not to write text. and dont go to the pits just keep the street racing theme going i dont think u would find a pit stop on the street lol

just my 2 cents
Quote from hyphy_racer :i dont mean extra work for u but if u have scenes where ur just sitting there why dont u edit them out in windows media maker.

Editing is not a problem. I had to edit that first video a bit using VirtualDub. The problem is that a 1GB memory card fills up at a rate of about 100MB/minute so I don't have a whole lot of time to sit down and be ready to race once the camera starts recording.
o now it makes sense

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG