The online racing simulator
#1 - kirmy
Stop the crackly sounds when beggining a race
Ever since i downloaded patch v every time i begin a race the sound of the cars goes all weird and crackly, maybe one to think about in the v patches?
#2 - Jakg
no-one else seems to have it - sounds like a local problem, probably on your Sound card. What hardware do you have?
Try to reduce master sound in windows sound options. Rightclick on the little speaker icon next to clock in taskbar go to Open Sound Options and set the slider on the left at about one half of max value. For me it worked...
#4 - kirmy
i have c-media ac97, no use to me but makes sense to computor poeple im sure
#5 - Jakg
On-board, eh...
#6 - kirmy
it's only at laggy starts, dunno whether that affects it
It sounds like the whole machine is slowing down, or something isn't writing to the sound buffer properly.

I believe that a number of people with c-media's ac97 have decreased the hardware acceleration and resolved this issue.

Run dxdiag, from start > run, goto the Sound tab (which has the c-media ac97 listed on it. It's probably Sound 1), and move the slider from Full Acceleration to a notch down (75%). That *may* help.
Tried updating drivers? Since patch V LFS uses DirectSound instead of WaveOut which could be a problem. "Unified" AC 97 codec drivers can be found on www.realtek.com.tw IIRC...
#9 - kirmy
tried and dont work
It's simply your system like angel said.

If you have laggy starts, that is your computer bogging down with loads of CPU and GPU usage, and it adversely affects your sound with skipping and crackling. Turn down a lot of your graphics options in LFS, and run a low resolution.

Better graphics card drivers may help believe it or not. Try and find the smoothest framerate for grid starts, and it should help a little... but not a whole lot... because LFS needs CPU more than anything.
cheers dudes i just wish all the people in lfs were this nice
Try setting the sound delay in options to lower. It's under Audio or Misc I can't remember.
Quote from EeekiE :Try setting the sound delay in options to lower. It's under Audio or Misc I can't remember.

The lower you go with Sound Delay/Sound Lag, the worse it can get.

0.10 is the lowest, and if it is set to that, it can affect FPS and studder your sound too possibly.

Default is 0.20, and if you go a little higher you should be fine. However, any higher that you go, and your sound will sound out of sync with the car. See if this helps though Kirmy.
Sorry yeah I meant higher. I thought I posted in here earlier suggesting that but must have closed the window before it posted in.

All I know is, in some audio creation apps, if you have the delay too low, you get crackles as information is lost.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG