The online racing simulator
No fuel from the pits sometimes...
Searched and found really nothing about this.

Why is it that sometimes you don't get any fuel from the pits? I just made 2 (two) stops to get some liquids to my lollipop van but not a drop they gave? I didn't make any adjustments to the fuel loads in the lap before the pitting, so the F12 menu was left alone, no last minute changes there. In the first time they changed my tires all right, but no fuel...

So is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

PS. Hrm, why can't the F12 show how many laps you can go with the fuel in your car? It shows how much there is fuel and you can also see how much the car consumes every lap...

EDIT. typing err...
#2 - Gunn
Quote from Hyperactive :Why is it that sometimes you don't get any fuel from the pits? I just made 2 (two) stops to get some liquids to my lollipop van but not a drop they gave? I didn't make any adjustments to the fuel loads in the lap before the pitting, so the F12 menu was left alone, no last minute changes there. In the first time they changed my tires all right, but no fuel...

If you had, for example, 15% fuel, and your pit instructions (F12) said 10%, then you wouldn't notice any change in your fuel load. The figure in the F12 menu is a total amount, not an amount to be added.
So if your F12 menu says 20%, then that's the total you should have after you leave the pits, unless you already have 20% or more, then you will recieve no extra.

Could this be what has occured to you?

Quote from Hyperactive :PS. Hrm, why can't the F12 show how many laps you can go with the fuel in your car? It shows how much there is fuel and you can also see how much the car consumes every lap...

Many things can effect fuel usage and so the amount you use can vary per lap. Things like wind, tyre wear (causing wheelspin), how agressively you drive, the changing weight of the car, your driving line, drafting etc. It is impossible to accurately determine exactly how much fuel would be needed. It is wise to carry a few percent extra in your tank when racing to compensate for any additional use.
I seem to have experienced same. Apparently no fuel is added. I usely get a message on scrn sayin how much fuel is tanked, but sometimes nothing happens and my fuel amount does not figure up to what I expected, so that I need an extra pitstop even I had the right calculation.
As Gunn said, the pitstop fuel load is what to FILL TO, not what to ADD.
Well I had about 15% left in my car and they should have refueled to 28%. They game me none - twice.

Quote from Gunn :
Many things can effect fuel usage and so the amount you use can vary per lap. Things like wind, tyre wear (causing wheelspin), how agressively you drive, the changing weight of the car, your driving line, drafting etc. It is impossible to accurately determine exactly how much fuel would be needed. It is wise to carry a few percent extra in your tank when racing to compensate for any additional use.

It would be just an estimation, of course some people like to to do calculations while racing . Hmm, I have 30% fuel and it says it takes 4.9 per lap. hmmmmm I can drive 6 laps still, or hmmm 5...
#6 - Gunn
If anyone has (or can make) a replay of the fuel not filling up to the desired preset when pitting, please post it for us.
Quote from Gunn :Many things can effect fuel usage and so the amount you use can vary per lap. Things like wind, tyre wear (causing wheelspin), how agressively you drive, the changing weight of the car, your driving line, drafting etc. It is impossible to accurately determine exactly how much fuel would be needed. It is wise to carry a few percent extra in your tank when racing to compensate for any additional use.

True, but the F12 screen already knows your rate of fuel consumption as it displayed the percentage consumed per lap - I assume this is a cumulative average of your laps since the race started or you last left the pits. Therefore it would be strightforward (but extremely useful) if it could also display to you how many more laps you can do with the fuel remaining.

I can't really do the mental arithmetic with decimal places while tackling the dipped chicane at Aston Historic in the FZR...
Quote from Gunn :If anyone has (or can make) a replay of the fuel not filling up to the desired preset when pitting, please post it for us.

I'm not sure if I dare to post it here, my driving in the end was ..erm... embarassing . Expect the replay here today, I'll post it "soon"

I just watched the replay and as I can't remember sure what I was going to refuel in the first try that can be leaved to my fault.

But the second try, after I noticed that didn't get a refuel after the first try I added the fuel to get from pits to around 30% to make it sure - didn't remember to check it though :wtf2: (as it was about 3 laps to go in AS his, I should have got refueled as it takes 7.4% (...?) fuel per lap)

So actually I think I got what want I wanted in the 1st pitting but the second time the pit crew made a practical joke on me

Also, is my chicane driving line in lap 12 accepted or "illegal" (after the jump)? (2 wheels on track barely, if I recall it right and hitting the tires)

Here is the replay: http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... tachmentid=2489&stc=1
Attached files
AS4_nofuel_twice.mpr - 1.4 MB - 501 views
#9 - Gunn
I checked the replay for the refueling prob. On the first stop you weren't right in the box, although the Pit Stop message did appear so you should have been refueled. Also I think no tyre changes occured. On the 2nd stop you were better positioned, the message appears again but once more no tyre or fuel changes. I think this is a glitch and not a result of your actions, assuming that your pit settings would allow refueling and tyres.

And your driving wasn't bad at all , a nice little battle there with Strobe at one stage too. I missed your chicane, but don't worry too much about "legality", rules differ between different types of motor racing. On a public server use common sense, in an organised event you should check the rules before racing. A chicane is a place where a fast line often means some risk, the main purpose of the chicane being to slow the cars down. Clipping tyres and barriers brings its own risks of course: car damage. It is best practice not to clip the tyres stacks and barriers in pursuit of precious tenths of seconds. Hitting tyres can cause a hazard for the following car too. :duck:
The tires were actually changed in 1st pit stop, but in the second one the pit crew just ignored me... Damn fzr likes that gasoline too much
Quote from Gunn :a nice little battle there with Strobe at one stage too.

Battle? I call it hanging on for dear life trying to keep up with him causing me to melt my rear tyres by lap 3 in a 15 lap race.

I swear that guy has superglue on his tyres.
Quote from STROBE :Battle? I call it hanging on for dear life trying to keep up with him causing me to melt my rear tyres by lap 3 in a 15 lap race.

I swear that guy has superglue on his tyres.

You promised not to tell...

btw. hope you like the set
-
(aviid) DELETED by SamH : AMB
-
(jcklai) DELETED by Scawen : spam

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG