The online racing simulator
Ai & Lfs
(4 posts, started )
Ai & Lfs
Does anyone know how the .knw files are generated? or how to edit them?

Also, does anyone know of a way to run LFS without any graphics, and at high speed?

It's just if either of these were available, I was thinking about evolving some AI's using either a genetic algorithm, A* search, or a neural net...

I would imagine the AI is coded to with mathmatical evaluations which put preference toward late apex's, getting as close to other cars as possible without touching them, fast exit speeds etc?

It would then estimate a result from a given input between steering throttle brake etc, and pick the one which has best predicted fit for the heuristic evaluation...?

am I anywhere near along the right lines here?

does anyone even know!?

must everything i say be a question?!!
You mean it's possible to ask questions as statements?

If you're thinking of editing the AI, wouldn't it be worth waiting until they are updated for S2 final, since they are likely to be completely overhauled thus nullifying all your hard work. Surely?
Sounds prime for my third year project at university...

You are right, as per usual, and because you're a moderator.

I'm still curious though, always curious...

Sorry if all the questions sounded like that annoying dick who's always there asking questions that are actually demonstrations that I know the answer teachers pet style... I'd just like to know a little more about LFS, and the bits I don't quite get.
#4 - vrt3

Ai & Lfs
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG