The online racing simulator
Quote from racer hero :hughie recks dont let him in!

No he doesn't he didn't deliberately wreak once, he's just not as experienced on Oval.
Yes racer hero, im a wrecker because on T1 T2 and T3, i held a line and you tried to drive through me I see how that works...yeah...anywho, it dont bother me if im in or not, its just a game.
If theres still some room count me in on XFR :P
Ok everyone, the GTR and FWD class is filled. I filled the slots based on when I was either sent a private message, or when someone posted here. If someone was to drop out, I will take the next person in line and fill that slot and send them a private message.

Davo: Good idea on the qualifying, I was spacing out and think of something else.
Hughie: I do not know if the allegations against you are true, but hear this, everyone: As of right now, we are all on the same level, I will pass judgement when I witness it myself or if someone is able to procure me a .mpr file to prove allegations.

I want answer some various questions that have posed to me:

First off, this will be a monthly race league, but not a team. Therefore, anyone is able to join. After this race, I will post a new signup sheet for the next race a few hours after.
If you do want to be a part of Hawk Wind Racing, please let me know! I can provide you with the basic skins and numbering. But with these races, for the time being you can have whatever skin and lettering on your vehicle, one that conforms to the rules of LFS, of course.

Let us talk about blue flags, since this will be an issue we need to resolve now, not 5 minutes before the race starts. This is what I propose:
1)Blue flags are to recognized by ALL people participating.

2)When you get a blue flag, you are to comply as soon as you safely can. This means a person who gets a blue flag is not expected to slow down and let the other pass in a low or medium speed corner, but when the first straight is available.

3)When the times comes to let the other pass, According to IMSA code Article 6, subarticle 1, "It is the responsibility of both the overtaking and overtaken Drivers to assure safe passing at racing speeds. A car traveling alone may use the full width of the track. Passing may be either right or left depending on the conditions of
the moment".

4)If I see a gross misuse (more than 2-3 times in a race) of messages like *BLUE FLAG MOVE* you will be banned from any future races. If I see a GTR class badgering a LRF class in tight corners and telling them to move before they are safely in a straight or high speed corner area, you will be banned from any future races.

Some additional rules:
Like Lemans, if you car breaks down, you are going to have to limp it to the pits. There will be no shift+S at anytime during the feature race. If your car is really banged up, I will decide on the fly. Resetting of your car is allowed, but please let others pass you before you reset, because of weird spawning issues.

As with any race, rubbing and lovetaps are bound to happen.
-If you recognize your fault in the incident you slow down, wait for him to recover and then continue racing. Once back to racing speed you may attempt another pass.
-Such behaviour will usually reduce the penalty, if there is any.
-If you do not recognize any fault on your side you drive on. There may be a very strict penalty if you were at fault.

Bottom line is, I am expecting everyone to drive like competitive, well mannered Ladies and Gentleman.

Here is an example of the team skin for Hawk Wind Racing, basic would be the Hawk, the wording and the numberplate:
Attached images
FZR_HWRjayhawk.jpg
If you want to practice online, I have a server up. "Hawk Wind Racing" is whatever I feel like, and "HawkWindRacing2 Lemans" is Aston Historic. Find either by using the game search, or search by GTR class, and using "empty" as an option.
Quote from jayhawk :
3)When the times comes to let the other pass, you shall move to the RIGHT side of the track, and let the faster person pass you on your LEFT. Everyone; you will comply with that rule. Pass on the left, when being passed, move the right.

Forcing people to pass on one side or another, always, regardless of track section makes no sense. I'd rather rely on people's common sense to choose sides when lapping or being lapped.
Im in for the lx6 if theres room
Quote from BurnOut69 :Forcing people to pass on one side or another, always, regardless of track section makes no sense. I'd rather rely on people's common sense to choose sides when lapping or being lapped.

I agree. The lapped car should stay on the racing line and the lapping car should do it the safest way.
Quote from BurnOut69 :Forcing people to pass on one side or another, always, regardless of track section makes no sense. I'd rather rely on people's common sense to choose sides when lapping or being lapped.

Quote from ZORER :I agree. The lapped car should stay on the racing line and the lapping car should do it the safest way.

Updated, following IMSA's (And therefor FIA's) rules.
#35 - Vain
Some more questions:

Are driver changes allowed now?
What happens in the case of a disconnect?
Is the "I tapped someone and he spun and now I have to wait until he recovers"-rule unarguable?
The usual approach to such situations is:
- If you recognize your fault in the incident you slow down, wait for him to recover and then continue racing. Once back to racing speed you may attempt another pass.
Such behaviour will usually reduce the penalty, if there is any.
- If you do not recognize any fault on your side you drive on. There may be a very strict penalty if you were at fault.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Some more questions:

Are driver changes allowed now?
What happens in the case of a disconnect?
Is the "I tapped someone and he spun and now I have to wait until he recovers"-rule unarguable?
The usual approach to such situations is:
- If you recognize your fault in the incident you slow down, wait for him to recover and then continue racing. Once back to racing speed you may attempt another pass.
Such behaviour will usually reduce the penalty, if there is any.
- If you do not recognize any fault on your side you drive on. There may be a very strict penalty if you were at fault.

Vain

-Yes, you may change drivers, though this upcoming race is pretty short.
-The tapped rule is now ammended.
Ok, everyone...here are rules, please read or consider yourself negligent.
Attached files
LFS_LeMans_Rules.txt - 5.5 KB - 179 views
I'm sorry to say on reflection I think i'd be mad to try and compete in this. I spent some time testing today and it's clear I need much more track time in the car than I am able to give at the moment, if I where to take a place I would not be doing the league justice. Regretfully, I must vacate my seat.

Thank you for offering this to me and i'm sorry for troubling you.
I'm in. LX6
#40 - Davo
Thanks now I can go and prac on the server But you missed me, I can't see my name on the list? Does that mean I miss out this race because I was too late?
Looks like I'll be driving THE ufr
If possible, please put me down as backup driver for XF GTR
-
(jayhawk) DELETED by jayhawk
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm sorry to say on reflection I think i'd be mad to try and compete in this. I spent some time testing today and it's clear I need much more track time in the car than I am able to give at the moment, if I where to take a place I would not be doing the league justice. Regretfully, I must vacate my seat.

Thank you for offering this to me and i'm sorry for troubling you.

I think you were doing great, Becky. I know AS_HIST is a bit twisty, but the back half has a great rythem. And no, you were not troubling me at all.

Quote from Davo :Thanks now I can go and prac on the server But you missed me, I can't see my name on the list? Does that mean I miss out this race because I was too late?

Davo, since Becky chose not to run, and Cawwa's first choice was the FZR, you are in the XFR...I know someone will be pissed, but see 1.5 in the rule sheet.
#44 - Davo
Awesome, thanks.
PLEASE READ THIS, VERY IMPORTANT!

One week prior to this race, I'll will send each entrant a private message giving a password to access the server. Make sure to check your box after January 20th, 2006!

Also: Is there anyone here who like to participate as a Marshall? I need someone who understands LFS commands, and most importantly, someone who is trustworthy.

Also! The points system, in case you were wondering.

Class 3 (LX6 - FZ5 - RAC)
1st - 10 points
2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 4 points
5th - 2 points
6th - 1 point

Class 2 (UFR - XFR)
1st - 10 points
2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 4 points
5th - 2 points
6th - 1 point

Class 3 (FXR - XRR - GTR)
1st - 10 points
2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 4 points
5th - 2 points
6th - 1 point

The overall winner of each race will be awarded 1 additional point.

Also!! I am going to be checking on your laps via LFSW to make sure you have done the REQUIRED 50 laps. If you havent by January 20th, you get booted off and someone else takes your place. I have a server running 24/7 for Aston Historic. it is under the name "HawkWindRacing2 Lemans".
I can marshall but unfortunately not for this first race, its right in the middle of my mock GCSEs so I doubt LFS will be open for much during that time

If you make this a league then I'll be happy to marshall the races.
i'm in

XFR
Quote from jayhawk :
Also!! I am going to be checking on your laps via LFSW to make sure you have done the REQUIRED 50 laps.

Are we going to do this on practice server?
#49 - Davo
Yeah I guess these laps have to be done online because offline laps won't count. But I'd say 50 laps online is a good minimum, even 100 would be fair. I can't see anyone being competetive with only 50 laps done. I'll be heading to the practice server soon.
#50 - Vain
Well, I only did 50 laps and I'm within 101.5% of the WR, which, for most people, is competitive.
I'm still manually heeltoeing, use an FFB-H-gate shifter and manually lift on upshift, so there's still about a second to get for me.
50 laps is good enough as a minimum. The drivers should however try to practice at times where the server is busy. It takes a while until you are used to the constant overtaking.

Vain
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG