The online racing simulator
FOX on BLGP1
(52 posts, started )
FOX on BLGP1
Hello,

I consider myself still a newbie. (Concerning setting up my car & driving it!)

At the moment I have 18(!) BLGP1 setups for the FOX. I started with the Easy to drive setup pack. I downloaded the config from Darko (Dutch guy here on the forum) But I couldnt drive with that config.

In the weeks thereafter I was doing modifications to the easy drive setup. Just copying stuff from other people's config, and see if it works. (At first i just copied the transmission stuff from darko)

After all that 'work' I could get 1:12:00 on BLGP. But afterwards whatever change i made, it would not make me faster. So i moved on to another track. So_sprint1. I received a config from a guy named 'Apajo' (or something like that) And racing went pretty well on So_sprint.

Now I got back to BLGP a week ago. And i just used the SO_Sprint1 config from Apajo, but now I do know what Downforce is, so i increased downforce to the values of the Darko Setup.

All of the sudden i could get 1:10.xx times! It made me a bit sad because all my previous work suddenly became useless.

I even increased my time to 1:09:71 using the Camber settings of a guy named 'Dik'. But now I feel like i'm on the limit. I always get better by accidentely copying the right stuff from the right config.

The only thing right about my config, is that it is a 'unique' config. A selfmade one. But that's not usefull when i don't understand a THING about setting up a car

Why this thread? (Get to the f*cking point man) Does anyone want to take a look at my config, and see if there is anything terribly wrong? Some advices etc... I really want to get a 1:08.xx time on BLGP. (Note: i'm a Mouse driver.)

I attached the setupfile & the replay with my best lap ever (lap4).

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

/edit/
Also, sometimes i play on a server where i have to do 10 laps. In the last3 laps I have lost a LOT of grip. How can i adjust my tyres so they will last a bit longer? 6/7 laps goes fine. But after that (not always, depends how clean i drive) my tyres get too hot i think. (F9 shows bright green insides of the tyres, here and there a red line if my memory serves me well)
Attached files
FORMULA XR_Bltoon18.set - 132 B - 388 views
1^c09.71 PB BLGP.mpr - 286.2 KB - 240 views
just did 20 laps with that set. Fastest I got was 1:09.80 wich is a little slower than my personal record. I'll have to do more than 20 laps to 'understand' the setup. but it's usefull, thanks!
I like that setup, my 2nd lap with it shaved 3 secs off my personal best. I still need a lot of work though, the setup helps, but I know its my driving skill holding me back.
Quote from c0nv1ct :I like that setup, my 2nd lap with it shaved 3 secs off my personal best. I still need a lot of work though, the setup helps, but I know its my driving skill holding me back.

Do you mean the config I posted or the one fujiwara linked to(barlin)?

The one from Jack Green's post, its much better than the "easy race" one i had before.
#7 - Jakg
Its not mine, its from Redline's Barlin but it ROCKS!

OT - Where did you pull my name from?
OF CORSE IT ROCKS IF ITS FROM ME

here u go try this.....

[attach]20620[/attach]

what i use now can do 1.07.6x with it just need LOTS of practice

GOOD LUCK
Hi Spacid,

i know your problem, so i don't really cant help you but I hope you will find a stabil and fast set. On SO1 i got a set by PlatinumPete or so, it's the most stabil set i got for the fox but the prob is, its just for so1 not for tracks with long straights like blackwood.

maybe we could drive together sometimes. greeting and good luck
I found my problem. I compared my config with the config of Dik & Barlin. I had a big mistake! My Toe-in was all wrong. (Can't remember the wrong or right settings)

Now my steering is much more responsive. I prefer using my own config because it has the perfect feeling for me. The Barlin config is great too, but it doesn't feel right for me. (Maybe because it's configured for a wheel or so? )

Also my transmission is a lot smoother,faster in 1-2-3, I like to keep that.

Now if i Do a 6lap race I can get close to my PB 3/4 times. So, with some more practise I will be hitting <1.09 soon! (I hope )

Quote from Dragon_Reborn :Hi Spacid,

i know your problem, so i don't really cant help you but I hope you will find a stabil and fast set. On SO1 i got a set by PlatinumPete or so, it's the most stabil set i got for the fox but the prob is, its just for so1 not for tracks with long straights like blackwood.

maybe we could drive together sometimes. greeting and good luck

You should be able to find me in any FOX BLGP server. Mosly Redline Racing, sometimes some server (I forgot the name) where you have to do 10 laps with 1 pitstop. (I'll write the name down as soon as i remember)
I'm using a G25 with Barlin's configs, and loving it. The new one he posted rocks too, I seem to get a bit more speed in the straight, which is very helpful considering i never seem to hit turn 1 correctly, lol!
Quote from tombarlin :OF CORSE IT ROCKS IF ITS FROM ME

here u go try this.....

[ATTACH]20620[/ATTACH]

what i use now can do 1.07.6x with it just need LOTS of practice

GOOD LUCK

I downloaded this set up and compared to the one that I am currently using. The one I set up is very similar. The only really huge difference is that you have less camber on the right side of the car. Why is that?

I understand that BL has many more rights than lefts, of the 3 lefts 2 of them are critical turns that lead on to straights. From real life personal experience I like to have a ballance car. I want the same amount of grip irreguardless of the direction I am turning.

I have tried your set up and mine, and tend to run about the same times, but I am nowhere near as consistant nor fast as I need to be. In fact, my inconsistancy would deem my testing invalid. I need to send my set up someone faster and much more consistant than myself to determine if the camber adjustments make any difference.
hi,

The best advise I can give you is to ... Practise...
People like killboy (WR howner made about 10000 laps to get their records).

Il n'y a pas de Miracle. A good driver can do a 1"08'50 on BL1 with the race default set...

But if you still need a set you can visit the inferno web site :

http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

The biohazard set is ok, but under steer a lot (just increase the downforce)

And keep this advice in mind :

in a turn the best thing to do is "Slow in, fast out". Don't be affraid to brake sooner if it helps you to accelarate sooner after the appex. It's very important in T1 of BL1 (if you want to approach split time like 23"50)...

Hope that help a little.

C U

A very good exercise is to watch the WR replay :

http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=4781

To do some hotlap and compare them with analyse for speed.

Bye
Quote from fourwhls :I downloaded this set up and compared to the one that I am currently using. The one I set up is very similar. The only really huge difference is that you have less camber on the right side of the car. Why is that?

The setup tombarlin posted was most likely a setup I made or a modified version. I spent a few months tinkering every time I raced.

The reason there is less camber on the right side of the car is because that will allow both the front and rear inside corners to lay flatter on the ground for a higher % of the lap. More tire on the gound = more grip, plus the only two corners that are left handers are flat out.

Blackwood is a very difficult track to be consistently fast on, especially in the FOX. The first corner is extremely deceiving and the rest of the corners have there own little difficulties, curbs,bumps, off camber corners etc etc

But like anything track time is most important, anyone will tell you a fast driver is rougly 75% experience 25% skill, the skill is what seperates the fast drivers, but the experience is what makes a driver fast.
hey
Hey, I know its hard to figure out if a setup is good or not, especially when you're still learning a track...

its hard to know if its the setup that is bad, or just you!
Personally, I went through over 100 setups for BL1 (seriously), all custom made. Not to mention, I've had the privilege to see many private setups from some of the top racers on BL1, which gave me a few ideas on how to improve my own setup.

After racing with all these setups, I can assure you that it doesn't take a magical setup to do 8's. Actually, pretty much any decent setup running 8/11 wing will be capable of doing 8s.

Its more about the line you take around the track than anything else. To know the 'best line', I'd recommend downloading the WR run and then following the same lines. There are so many people that 'know' the right line but don't take it.

ie: if you want to do 23:1x on T1, you NEED to brake on the left shoulder.
Also, you should be flat-out between T3-T4.

In terms of setup, my main recommendations for BL 1 is to have a good balance of oversteer and understeer. (You will need to have a little oversteer if you plan on doing 7's.)
Also, so far the best 'braking variables' I've found were 69% balance @ 720 force. This prevents you from locking up on T1.

Good luck, catch me on Redline if you ever want tips.
Tombarlin - that's an excellent set. I've tried about 10 sets now and this is the best yet. The grip through the first and last corners is amazing and it's so much more stable than Biohazard's. I've already beaten my PB (now 1:08.86) with it and I'm sure there's more to come off that. I think it'll be a while till I'm into the 7's though.
and i really thought mine is extremely stable
No offence...but I've no idea how you got that record with it! I can't get under 1:09 with it.
luck

the older s2q and earlier setups were a bit harder to drive, compared to these mine is like driving on rails :X

unfortunately the newer setups are kept secret :/
Luck, my eye!

So is the setup on Inferno (think that's where i got it from) not the one you used to do the record?
hey Killboy !

Congratulation for your uncredible 1'07"27...How many laps did you do on BL1 now?? illepall

Well I better should restart my training if I want to go under 8 sec...

training ... training ... training ... training ...

PS : ok I'm french, so can you explain what does "Flat out between T3-T4" means?
It means:
Full speed between corners 3 and 4.
I guess you don't have to brake or lift off to make that section.
yeah
Yeah, like he said ^^
Entre le 3ieme et 4ieme tour tu dois garder l'accelerateur au fond.

Je viens du Quebec et je connais pas les expressions de la France :o

Anyways, I just did 4 laps with Tom's setup and its pretty stable, I did 1:07:66 on the second lap and 1:07:68 on the 4th so it definitely has potential. I'd imagine it could do 50's and possibly 40's.

It won't do 20's though, it lacks oversteer.
But its very stable in T1 and I would recommend it as a good place to start. Its a hell of a lot more stable than my setup.

btw, if anyone cares to know, my setup is pretty unstable
ok thanks for the explanation.

I had understood how to take the T3-T4 section watching your WR but that is one of the point I still don't masterize too much. Once in a while the car is well enough to allow me to keep full throttle on but it is still very rare.

To stay in the subject, you can try WR's howner set when you watch their replay. During a replay you press SEC key, in the menu there an option saying "try to drive" or something like that. But there, you realise you're not ready to drive with this kind of set...

Ok let's go back to my training
Wow, this thread is still alive!

I haven't played for a while. (Atm i'm speccing on RedlineRacing) And i notice i cant get under the 10's anymore. (My best lap is somewhere in the 9's)

Thanks for the advice everyone, i'll check out that replay later.

FOX on BLGP1
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG