The online racing simulator
What about updating the Kyoto and Fern bay? Kyoto has few severe tire clipping bugs and one design flaw (). Below my l33t PSP suggestions:

Looking at Fern bay, the biggest issues with this track are the chicanes. The way you need to drive through them is to cut through, instead of avoiding the kerbs. (looking at the fe pic)
1: I simply find this corner boring. With reversed configs the interesting corner (nice one too ) is the next one but this corner or chicane is just to make passing harder. Making it 2 corners instead of 1 you could carry more speed into the next corner making it even more interestig. Would also create a passing opportunity.
2: One of the flatout corners. Just close your eyes and floor the throttle, no thanks . Much slower and tight corners = passing opportunities. Would cure some of the "tire stacks on the track" issues.
3: First chicane of most of the FE configs. Online this corner usually causes a lot of accidents because 2 or more people are trying to take it flatout next to each others. Again, make it like a proper chicane, a more technical corner section
4: These corners are actually quite good and enjoyable, but to be fast you need to (again) cut through the grass. What about leaving the corners as they are but let's put some walls or very steep cliffs right next to the track making sure everyone needs to drive on the track, not over the grass
5: Another corner where you can gain a lot time (especially on FE green rev track) by just going over the grass. Again, making it slower and making the corner entering to the main straight into a tightening one would keep the corners challenging and prevent cutting.

And Kyoto pic:
The second corner of KY3R:
Again, cutting made too easy and rewarding. The itself is quite nice on the reverse config but because there is a lot of that green grippy stuff cutting is way too easy. Just remove most of the green grippy stuff and it is a proper corner again
The corner connecting the oval and outfield:
Tire clipping and bad design. Rewards cutting. Tries to be a chicane but is actually a straight with partly green bumpy asphalt.
Option A:
Redesigning this into a slower corner would make it more interesting corner. More passing opportunities as well. Instead of chicane, I made it a 2 corners section.
Option B:
A fast sweeper. Would make the next corners more challenging because of the increased speed.
Attached images
FE_update.jpg
KY_update.jpg
I apologise for spreading misleading info regarding Eric:guilty:. The post I read was this one from May when Scawen said:

Quote from Scawen :Eric and I are both on holiday at the moment, and I know Eric is very busy right now with non-LFS things.

I remember that in Oct it was mentioned that Eric had bought a house but I hadn't linked the two time frames, but I do accept I have read more into it than was there:dunce:. I am also sorry Scawen has needed to interupt his break to put things straight.

Maxim :ashamed:
Quote from Hyperactive :Looking at Fern bay, the biggest issues with this track are the chicanes. The way you need to drive through them is to cut through, instead of avoiding the kerbs. (looking at the fe pic)

FE highlights the chicane curb issue the best but I think Kyoto suffers from it too and Aston just lacks real chicanes. Maybe suspension physics should be revamped to get this issue really fixed, that if you'd ram over the curbs like you can do now and you'd get lots of suspension damage.

I also don't like how the curbs in LFS are flat because tracks needs to be playable in reversed configs too. Just make them real curbs like this /|/|/|/| (lol <--you get the idea). Logically in reversed configs curbs would be also reversed...
On the KY3R suggestions, I would just remove that chicane. But the railway bridge section of the Bay I really like.

And the last section of FE Club (Which I will not use the pants STCC corner name of) needs to be more like 1 corner.
Quote from duke_toaster :And the last section of FE Club (Which I will not use the pants STCC corner name of) needs to be more like 1 corner.

Huh? At the moment it is more of a corner complex of 4 corners, though with normal driving there are just 2 corners because 90% of people just cuts through the grass. Making it into a 1 corner would mean that the corner has quite big radius. I just basically added some elevation differences right next to the track just to emphasize the fact that cutting is bad and those cliffs and walls are quite decisive about it

And also forgot to say that in some parts of FE tracks there are some serious wall clipping bugs. But that's the thing with SO as well...
I think it would be good to have side damage??
I really really hope the somehow ridiculous "full throttle start = best start" thing will be fixed before a free start is given. If there are free starts with reaction times on the signal, nobody will notice anymore that there is still something wrong about tires in my oppinion.

I hope both features, a tire fix AND free starts, will make it in the final version of S2 ;-)
Free starts with a drive through for false starts would be great.
Bigest problems should be fixed first and full throttle start isn't one of them.
Quote from Marc Ainley :Free starts with a drive through for false starts would be great.

I fear free starts would just add an aditional point of carnage to that at T1.

Maxim
Quote from MaximUK :I fear free starts would just add an aditional point of carnage to that at T1.

Quite possibly true but it also may mean that the better skilled drivers can put more space between themselves and the T1 regulars and therefore have more chance getting arround unscathed
#87 - joen
Quote from MaximUK :I fear free starts would just add an aditional point of carnage to that at T1.

Maxim

And people moaning "restart plz!" when half the field just got a penalty for a false start
Quote from Glenn67 :Quite possibly true but it also may mean that the better skilled drivers can put more space between themselves and the T1 regulars and therefore have more chance getting arround unscathed

I like the idea in principle, but in practice I can't see it doing anything but causing problems. Even in league racing I think it would still end up not being used (assuming it was a option on the server).

Watch the amount of lane chopping that goes on now during the start when there is no way they could know that there is nothing alongside them and multiply it due to differing start speeds.

Maxim
#89 - Jakg
i wouldn't mind if LFS embraced DX9, but im sure theres plenty of life left in DX8, i love the way LFS runs on low spec PC's, i just wish we could have a few more shader options
what I would like to see in Lfs Complete Version
Hi there!

1) Coplete Track system!
Blackwood and Westhill are wonderfull racingsights and certainly deserve
more variations, which means I still miss

bl2, bl3 and bl4, lets say, as well as we2, we3 and we4.

2)Cars:
Car classes should be even closer in competition...

3) Weather and Night Effect, especially change in wheater conditions
would be great.

4) Set all records to ZERO when the final version comes on!

5) I forgot: REPLAY REWINDING!!!!!!!!!

Greeting, Dandy Dust

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG