The online racing simulator
low frame rate
(47 posts, started )
#26 - Davo
Quote from Roadie :ah, and you say you arent a nub? Reformat? That is the most noobish thing you can do trying to fix a PC.

Also, magnetize your motherboard? wtf is that going to do, everything on it is solid state.

Oh, one more thing, you are 14. stfu and stop giving out false information.

Also, send me your txt file, I would like to see it destroy my computer.

pwned

~Davo~
Not pwned. Dells are setup from the factory with software (All the software packages you order) and they set them up totally wrong, screw with port mapping, make un-nessesary registry changes, create pointless startup keys. And I'm saying, Dell's are bad PC's from the factory only because everything is messed up and un-organized in terms of file management. Therefore a fresh format after getting a Dell is a good idea, then you can correct installation paths, startup lists, and hardware settings.

Also, magnetizing the MOBO isn't meant literally, it's an expression meaning clear the BIOS and reset the jumpers (Gets rid of glitched FSB settings, fan RPM settings, PCI & AGP speeds, and RAM timing.)

One last point, how does me being 14 have any affect on my opinion? So going by that rule does that make everybody over 30 right? That's a little close-minded don't you think?
~Bryan~

P.S If you READ my original post stating to reformat a Dell, I wasn't saying thats a way to fix his LFS Frame-rate problem, I meant that as a general tip when getting a Dell. for actually improving frame-rate. Look in the config files of both LFS versions to check to see if any settings are unusual which may kill game performance. Don't forget to check for unwanted processes running (crt+alt+dlt and click task manager) Maybe take a look in the performance tab and see if LFS is actually strugling as much as it says it is (Look for page file usage, and CPU usage)
Uhh, no.

Quote from dropin_biking :Not pwned. Dells are setup from the factory with software (All the software packages you order) and they set them up totally wrong, screw with port mapping, make un-nessesary registry changes, create pointless startup keys. And I'm saying, Dell's are bad PC's from the factory only because everything is messed up and un-organized in terms of file management. Therefore a fresh format after getting a Dell is a good idea, then you can correct installation paths, startup lists, and hardware settings.

Not true, Dell sells their servers without an operating system. My backup pc is a dell, and it came with nothing but windows on it. It has also been running strong for ~4+ years.

Quote : Also, magnetizing the MOBO isn't meant literally, it's an expression meaning clear the BIOS and reset the jumpers (Gets rid of glitched FSB settings, fan RPM settings, PCI & AGP speeds, and RAM timing.)

Again, not true. If there is something wrong with the BIOS, clearing it usually wont help if you havent changed any hardware or touched the BIOS. The best thing to do is to go into it and modify the settings yourself isntead of just clearing it like a noob. Also, learn the right terms, you make yourself look more like an idiot.

Quote : One last point, how does me being 14 have any affect on my opinion? So going by that rule does that make everybody over 30 right? That's a little close-minded don't you think?
~Bryan~

No, I meant that you are like every little kid who thinks they know everything about computers. Like the ones people ask to fix their computers and they just format it.

Quote : P.S If you READ my original post stating to reformat a Dell, I wasn't saying thats a way to fix his LFS Frame-rate problem, I meant that as a general tip when getting a Dell. for actually improving frame-rate. Look in the config files of both LFS versions to check to see if any settings are unusual which may kill game performance. Don't forget to check for unwanted processes running (crt+alt+dlt and click task manager) Maybe take a look in the performance tab and see if LFS is actually strugling as much as it says it is (Look for page file usage, and CPU usage)

1. Turn down all the LFS settings 1 at a time till you find the one that is killing the frame rate.

Here is my take on fixing his LFS Framerate problem.
2. Download AVG, Hijack this, Spybot search and destroy, and Adware. Then run thoes.

3. go through the Hijack this log, and google every process name if you don't know what they are.

4. Don't listen to dropin_biking, he has no clue what he is talking about.

5. Open up your pc and clean the dust out of it... It could be overheating.

6. Enjoy LFS.
I have an almost identical system to DevilDriver, only difference is AMD Athlon XP 2.4GHz. I'm running 1600x1050@60Hz on my 24" Dell LCD and have framerate limited to 60fps which I usually stay at. While watching a reply with other cars and trees in the background it might drop into the high 30s at worst. He certainly has a problem.
Being young, (im 15) doesnt mean you just reformatt a pc when its broken. I have some mates who do, but some , like me, who dont. We use the more elaborate methords which require more brain power than a click of a finger on a mouse
ok back then i switched z buffer to 24 again then after sometimes trying to figure out if this thing really kill my fps, i would say yes, the fps has slightly drop to the lowest and it's really not playable at all, so my advice if one have similar system like mine P4 with ati cards i would suggest trying my solution by ticking z buffer from 24 to 16, see if that works. and this has nothing to do related with any spyware, anti virus or even windows update but if one still uncomfort without them, it's really not my concern, i dont need them anyway even if i have it i wouldnt want it installed on my pc
Enlarging Z-Buffer depth on 24 bits leading to significant FPS drop points on a bug in your graphics drivers. I cant imagine a GPU that could not do 24bit Z-Buffering flawlessly today. Even my GeForce 2 could do...
Update your drivers?

There were a certain set of ATI drivers that caused huge problems with LFS framerates.
as i said earlier i have my latest driver from ati, dont remember which version, it's the latest one. although it make no difference in terms of graphics quality, cant see any differrence between 16 or 24 either so no big deal, it's actually LFS patch that give me this headache
no need to reduce other detail once z buffer was changed
Quote from DevilDriver :as i said earlier i have my latest driver from ati, dont remember which version, it's the latest one. although it make no difference in terms of graphics quality, cant see any differrence between 16 or 24 either so no big deal, it's actually LFS patch that give me this headache

I dont think it is about the patch, I run patch V too with 24-bit Z-Buffer flawlessly. Maybe it is some special ATI driver + card combo issue.

And BTW, you are not able to see any graphics quality reduction unless you are looking at long distance with plenty of objects with different Z and similar X and Y coordinates - then the Z-fighting occures.
and thats definetely ati main problem, especially for older card like mine have trouble rendering at long distance, it's old story if you just knew about it
Quote from DevilDriver :and thats definetely ati main problem, especially for older card like mine have trouble rendering at long distance, it's old story if you just knew about it

Old cards have problems when rendering scenes with long visibility because of high polygon count. Z-fighting has nothing to do with it in general - it may theoretically occur even in close-distant scenes. Simply, if there are too many object "laying" on themselves, with small Z or W-Buffer you can get Z-fighting which causes objects to be jumping through each other.
Low frame rates.....
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Just wondered if anyone can help me with this problem. Since downloading the new patch, I seem to be getting low frame rates. I never had the problem before th patch. I have installed the latest direct x, I have got the latest drivers for my graphics card, I have reinstalled the game, I have defragagged, adaware etc etc but still have the problem.
Machine spec:- 3.2gig, P4, 1gig Kingston ram, 6600GT BFG Tech card.

Thanks in advance for any help.
What happens when you remove the patch?
ARGH.... Help me!
same issue here... however mine is a liitle more extreme.

Take a look at:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2985/fpsod6.jpg

that shows the average frame rate within my lfs. the highest i have ever had with this system is around 26 frames per second. surely this isnt right.

at the start of any race i always get lower than 5 fps!!!!!!! this is seriously annoying and at the moment i am unable to play LFS.

this problem has only started occuring with Patch V.

my system spec:

Intel Pentium D 2.8ghz Dual Core.
1gb DDRII RAM
Nvidia Geforce XFX 6200 256mb RAM
2 x 80gb SATA Hard Disks
On-board HD Sound.

does anyone have any suggestions? maybe a developer of LFS could spread some light on the issue.

thanks.
I used to get awful frame rate problems with my new monitor my previous one maxed at 1024x768 odd and ran the game in 800x600, but with my newer, bigger monitor I couldn't see anything clearly at 800x600 so trying to play in 1024x769 was too slow. But after patch V I could play perfectly without sacraficing any looks.
my monitor is the LG Flatron L1717s and i run the game at 1280 X 1024.
and ive also tried a lower resolution
Low Frame Rate
Quote from MadCatX :What happens when you remove the patch?

This has only happened since patch V. I have had the game for well over a year now and had no problems whatsoever.
I have tried everything I can think of, I have turned everything options wise down on the game but it makes no difference if they are high or low.
I renewed all the drivers and I am just about to remove my anti virus to see if that helps.
Would be nice to hear any solutions from the devs!!!

Thanks for your help
That doesn't answer the question.

Just because you installed the patch and things started going wrong it isn't valid to assume it's the cause until you remove the patch and things go back to normal.

low frame rate
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG