The online racing simulator
A filter for car and track setups
This is what I would like to see in LFS. When you pick a certain car and race on a certain track it would only display the setups you make for that track and that car. At the moment all of the setups that are made are shown when you race on a certain track which is very confusing especially when other racing games like GTR, F1 99-02 keeep the setups seperate. I know that code wise lfs and gtr games are very different as gtr uses a seperate folder for every track where the made setups are stored which is what keeps then seperate but I would like to see in LFS somekind of filter that would only show the correct setups that you have made with that car. Not realising i didnt name my setups correctly and when i wanted to load one i didnt know which one it was say for the xfr south city sprint 1.....

so say

XFR GT>
>Blackwood
>Fern Bay
>Kyoto
>South City

UF1000>
>South City
>Blackwood
>Fern Bay
etc..

for every car

obviously for reversed version of the track it would be the same...

i dont know if this is a practical idea that could be implemented into lfs but i would surely welcome it...

:

mad!
Hey madman.

This idea was mentioned many times on RSC. But since that's not here, I can't shout "search" at you.

I wouldn't mind this, but it would need to be toggleable. When I drive a combo I've not driven before, I nab what I think would be the closest exisiting setup I have for that car, and start from there. So I need to be able to see all my different setups. So maybe some menu structure, rather than just having them completely inaccesable like setups for different cars atm.

The same goes with the XR GT/Turbo though, the cars are near identical (ignoring power), so my setups are very similar. It would be nice if I could view GT setups when the GTT is in the garage and vice versa. I don't believe any two other cars are close enough to warrant this.
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
Quote from Schooner :???

I think that Bob meant that it would be useful to be able to pull a setup from another track (via drop down list). Coming from GPL I am used to that, ie new track with characteristics you recognise from another layout so you pick one from another track that is close. For example, a circuit with long right hand turns, short gearing etc. Maybe another circuit is similar and taking a setup from that gives you something to work with. Once people start releasing their own user-build tracks things could get messy very quickly!
I certainly agree with the suggestion for setups in track folders and would in fact extend that to replays also (including by player). I am completely new to LFS, and in trying to learn the circuits my replay folder is a mess to me as I am still not familar with the track names (ie FE2 etc). A filter would help me to manage these.
Bob, as a total newcomer I must say that your 'roadgoing' setups are far better for me to learn the circuits/cars than the originals, and would vote for them to be the default setups in the final S2 release. I realise that this was in another thread but as my first post here am taking the opportunity to cover both in one hit (OK am lazy git). I thank you very much indeed for your work on these.
One last comment. I suck at GPL and so far suck just as hard at LFS, the fun factor however is the same. This is a wonderful sim however with tremendous possibilities.
Once again, my comment is that the server screen needs a major rework - preferably into the Unreal Tournament style browser.

Unfortunately I couldnt find a screeny from the original UT (and I cant be bothered to reinstall it atm), so this UT2004 screen shot will have to suffice.
Yeah I do like the UT style interface. Very clear & informative.

Sorry Schooner I'm making up words again.

dhinchin - thanks for your comments

A filter for car and track setups
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG