The online racing simulator
Question about the smoke in LFS
I was wondering, I recently downloaded the smokemod, a great mod btw, but one thing botters me. Yes it`s nice with more smoke, and I use 7000 now, if that tells you anything, problem is - are there any way to make the smoke come faster when sliding? Ok that is bad spelled, I try again - When looking on Nascar for example, there will be a lot of smoke if a car starts spinning around on track. Now take LFS for example, you have to eighter do a imba imba drift or do a bournout to get smoke. Is there a way, to get smoke even if you just do a little slide or anything? It would look so awesome , tho it may not be that realistic.
Hope you understand what I mean, and any answer is ok for me
imo, the tires have to be heated up to achieve a lot of smoke very quickly... in nascar, when a car spins they get a lot of smoke because: 1 they are probably going near 175 mph, and 2 their tires are already heated up.
Thats probally true, but would be great to see easier smoke in LFS tho
More smoke in lfs imo would be good. If you look at f1 when they lock a front wheel then there is smoke almost instantly, which we do get in lfs but not enough.
As for saying about nascar tyres being warmed up, in lfs the tyres only start to smoke alot when they are waaaay over optimum temperature.
If I remember correctly, before the latest physics patch the tyres puffed smoke a lot more easily. Which led to the (somewhat) infamous 'steam train syndrome' on the next straight as the hot spotted tyre kept puffing smoke clouds for a long time.
The main problem with more smoke will be lower frame rates, which will cause people with lower end computers to have a reduced graphical performance. Imagine Turn 1, you get a few folk locking up and then you get 4 or 5 cars worth of smoke, the frame rate is going to drop right down, which will probably cause more accidents. I think its at the right balance at the moment IMHO
Yes, so it should be a client-sided setting to avoid this problem
Smoke mod ?

That`s the mod which make an uf1000 smoke more than an apollo rocket !?

Happy new year

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG