The online racing simulator
NVidia 7600 GS 512 PCIe Probelms
(3 posts, started )
I recently installed an Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS (512mb, PCI-E) to my computer, which also has an integrated video card.

However, when I start up the computer with the monitor hooked up to the Nvidia card, all I get is a black screen. I've told BIOS to run the PCI Express card, not the Integrated one, and when I go into windows and look at device manager, it shows than an "unspecified vga device" is plugged in. The card turns on, the fan spins, etc., so I know that it is on, but for whatever reason when I download the drivers from the Nvidia site and try to install it, it gives me a message saying that "no drivers could be found that are compatible with current hardware."

Anyone have any suggestions? If necessary I can copy my system specs and motherboard on here, but I've checked and there's no apparent reason why any of it should be incompatible.
#2 - Davo
Well it sounds like it's not being used for some reason. Make sure you plug in your monitor to the new graphics card and wait till windows boots. Sometimes it needs a monitor hooked up to detect the card maybe.
Yeah, when I try that I just get a blank black screen and the monitor says there is no input.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG