The online racing simulator
Nick Problem in spectate
(12 posts, started )
Nick Problem in spectate
i've had this problem with the nick for quite a while, however havent bothered until now. It has nothing to do with the V-patch and i dont know how it became like it is. The problem is that when i spec someone i dont see their name other than in TV and top down-view. 3rd-person view doesnt, and thats quite where i need it. It has nothing to do with the N-key either, so pls skip that suggestion. As you see on attachment i do see the name of the guy next to the one im speccin, but not the name of one im really speccing.

Ofc i can reinstall LFS, but i'd like help to avoid that.

Suggestions please
Attached images
nick-problem.jpg
#2 - Davo
You don't see the name in chase cam view. It's so people who race using that view can see the road and not their name.
I always thought, thats how its supposed to be.
Quote from Davo :You don't see the name in chase cam view. It's so people who race using that view can see the road and not their name.

Not even when spectating other people? That aint me im speccing...
#5 - Davo
Yes even when speccing others. It's never been shown, or atleast I've never seen it myself and I've wondered the same thing and that's what I've come up with.
Quote from Davo :Yes even when speccing others. It's never been shown, or atleast I've never seen it myself and I've wondered the same thing and that's what I've come up with.

Whoa, didnt really see this coming, that it's intentionally left out. i thought it was a bug i had since when trying to spec the right person its quite annoying to first change to TV or top down and find the person and then change back to chase view. Or press N to see the nick list to choose and then remove it again.

Well, thanks for the answers anyway.
#7 - Davo
Yeah I agree in spec mode it should be shown, perhaps its time for a suggestion?
I dont think, this should be visible. If its a really long name, it will fill out the whole screen and you wont be able to see anything besides the nick.
#9 - Davo
Well I think that's the point, since you can just press N and bam the name is gone. Having to go into Heli or TV view to see the name is a pain.
Quote from zeugnimod :I dont think, this should be visible. If its a really long name, it will fill out the whole screen and you wont be able to see anything besides the nick.

well at least i want to be able to choose myself...
#11 - SamH
I'd like to see the name if possible, from an admin point of view. This is the easiest view to determine if the actions of the driver are deliberate, while understanding his/her immediate surroundings.

I propose displaying the name when Ctrl+Shifting.

[edit] ooh wow.. didn't mean to re-ignite such an old thread. Sorry!
Quote :I propose displaying the name when Ctrl+Shifting.

What a great idea, i'm all for that

Nick Problem in spectate
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG