The online racing simulator
Fav racing/car movie?
(38 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
Fav racing/car movie?
Abit bored.. just curious .

Id kill myself if everyone says F&F series!!! lol :P

Mine is Days Of Thunder!

I also likee..... gone in 60 seconds, driven is alright too ..
Its a danish cartoon called "Bjergkøbing Grand Prix"

EL TEMPO GIGANTE.
If you have heard of it. :P Dont think so

EDIT: Transporter is also okay
#3 - Davo
Not really about cars and driving but Ronin has some sweet car chase action.
#4 - aoun
hahaha lmao

Robert Duvall = FTW
Cannonball Run!

(Am I showing my age now?)
#6 - CSU1
Quote from Davo :Not really about cars and driving but Ronin has some sweet car chase action.

Yep Ronin,

Wtf was in the black box at the end? I never got that one....
Audi ruled, pitty about the crappy gold Merc. they used tho'
#7 - joen
There aren't many good ones imo. I thought Gone in 60 Seconds was quite enjoyable.
Days of Thunder and especially Driven are in my list of biggest pile of poo movies of all time.
Come on, a driver with the posture of a body builder driving an Indy car through the streets? The CGI was laughable at best.

edit: ahhhh, ofcourse, I liked Cars
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#8 - th84
Disney's "Cars" FTW!!!

Shoutout to Mater!
Taxi.The french version,of course.

*While speeding on the highway*:"Don't worry sir,I don't have a driver's licence."LMAO.
Cars, of course. IMO its the bestest animation movie in the past years
#11 - Davo
Cars was gay. The french Taxi series is great hehe
Taxi aswell, ive got all three and i dont speak a word of french but there all amazingingly funny
"Cars" is an instant classic imho. "Grand Prix" and "LeMans" are also goo ones.

In terms of actual racing movies, Driven has to be the worst of the lot. Horribly un-realistic, terrible CG (The driver's heads didn't even move in those horribly unrealistic crashes!) and the story was just dumb.

When it comes to other car movies, the origional "Gone in 60 Seconds" was great. Nothing like a half hour movie followed by an hour long car chase The remake was pretty decent I found, too. (Maybe it was just Angelina Jolie sporting those hot blonde dreads that made me like it?)
Quote from shaGuar :Its a danish cartoon called "Bjergkøbing Grand Prix"

EL TEMPO GIGANTE.
If you have heard of it. :P Dont think so

EDIT: Transporter is also okay

Lol. It isn't danish, it's norwegian.
Top car/racing movies for me would be

Although not all of these are directly about cars, they are fun to watch nonetheless

1. Ronin
2. Transporter 2
3. Transporter
4. Fast and the furious: Tokyo Drift
5. Tomorrow Never Dies (man that beemer *drools*)
#18 - JTbo
Initial-D 1st stage is best so far, well not a movie, but series that has more realism in it than those silly F&F crap. I look movies of Kaurismäki before any F&F, that is how much I hate those and I really don't like to watch Kaurismäki movies as they are awful waste of time.

Transporter movies were nice, but in first they did destroy cars and that is something I don't like at all, also in 2nd there was too much unrealistic things.
One good was Jackie Chan movie, not very realistic either, but very funny, he drove in desert rally in there and there was some comedy with that LanEvo With good way in this, not like in transporter 2.

Damn I hate that F&F crap, can't think again much else that how bad those movies were.
"The Driver"
"Bullitt"
Smokey & the Bandit

k im getting my coat
Some personal favourites:

Rendesvouz
Le Mans
The Driver
Taxi
Mad Max
rofl taxi, what a funny movie

Rendesvouz is a great film, and pure brilliance for its time lol
saw a sengment of Ronin once, but haven't seen it since
Cars was a fairly good movie (lots of small things in that movie that are cool, ei the background at radiator springs is cady fins, the gas station at radiator springs has the V8 symbol from ford V8s)

as for days of thunder, i guess i have to because one of my dad's race cars that he owned was in that movie
Cars
The Italian Job (both of them)
Talladega Knights
#25 - JTbo
Quote from XCNuse :rofl taxi, what a funny movie

Rendesvouz is a great film, and pure brilliance for its time lol
saw a sengment of Ronin once, but haven't seen it since
Cars was a fairly good movie (lots of small things in that movie that are cool, ei the background at radiator springs is cady fins, the gas station at radiator springs has the V8 symbol from ford V8s)

as for days of thunder, i guess i have to because one of my dad's race cars that he owned was in that movie

I have only this HD trailer, have not seen movie yet, but indeed great ideas in graphics, that gas station for example, those little roofs over pumps, pylons are actually conrods and I think there was also pistons at top.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/cars/hd/ There is trailer if someone is enough interested to check it out.
Just can't wait to get movies at 1080p, but takes time that those come to stores, I guess I need to get some hardware again too

Fav racing/car movie?
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG