The online racing simulator
Skins on the AI cars
(45 posts, started )
Skins on the AI cars
When in single player mode, how do I race ai cars which have skins and not just bland single colours. illepall
Getting the a.i. to use your skins
This questions crops up at regular intervals on a number of forums. The answer is simple enough, this is how you do it.

1) Go into the options menu where you can rename each of the 12 a.i. drivers.
2) Give them all names.
3) Go to Garage.
4) Click New colour scheme button, name it exactly the same as the name you gave your first driver.
5) Then select the skin texture you want that driver to use.
6) Repeat for each named a.i. driver.

Whenever the driver is selected to race, they will then use the skin assigned to them in the colour scheme that bears their name.
You will have to repeat this process for each of the cars, but once complete, you don't have to redo it.

If you don't want to rename your a.i., then just create colour schemes in the Garage and call them AI 1, AI 2, AI 3, etc.
Now it makes sence, had this question in my mind for long time..
#4 - P1lot
The default names are AI 1 - AI 12 (with a space between AI and number)[thx, edited!-Al]
You can also change their wheel colour which gets saved with the colour profile. Unfortunately not their helmets, the will all use yours.
-
(Jakg) DELETED by al heeley
Can other people see your skins while in Demo mode? Today I saw some players on the demo server with custom skins, but I thought that was only possible on S2.
#7 - Jakg
...or if its one of the default skins
Does that mean that you make a custom skin and you give it to someone else, they can see it as well?
Yes!
-
(Chris758) DELETED by al heeley
Quote from al heeley :
1) Go into the options menu where you can rename each of the 12 a.i. drivers.
2) Give them all names.
3) Go to Garage.
4) Click New colour scheme button, name it exactly the same as the name you gave your first driver.

That doesn't work. I tried that, but it only changes your skin. Even if you create an alternate colour scheme, then select AI, go to garage n select Ai colour scheme, it just changes your colour scheme. Not the players. You miss a step or something?

V
If the color scheme has the same name has the AI driver, every time you had Ai’s to a race they should have the corresponding color scheme. You will have to create another scheme with your name or any other name so you don’t end up with same color has AI.
Quote from al heeley :1) Go into the options menu where you can rename each of the 12 a.i. drivers.
2) Give them all names.
3) Go to Garage.

Quote from Venus :That doesn't work. I tried that, but it only changes your skin. Even if you create an alternate colour scheme, then select AI, go to garage n select Ai colour scheme, it just changes your colour scheme. Not the players. You miss a step or something?
V

It works. Forget about the renaming options for now.

1. Go to Garage
2. Click on the "New" button
3. In the box that pops up write AI 1
4. To the bottom of the screen there's a line called "Texture name"
Next to it there are two buttons one with the name of the car and one with the name of the skin.
Click on one of them and select the skin for this AI.

Repeat these steps for AI 2, AI 3, ... AI 12. Just replace the AI 1 name at step 3 with the new one.

For your convenience I suggest to press that "New" button one more time and create a new profile named MySkin or something and use this for your player.
I've never tried this and cannot verify if it makes any difference, but make sure that "AI use player colours" is set to "no" in Options > Misc. Otherwise the desired behaviour of a AI specific skin might be overridden by this option.
Quote from AndroidXP :I've never tried this and cannot verify if it makes any difference, but make sure that "AI use player colours" is set to "no" in Options > Misc. Otherwise the desired behaviour of a AI specific skin might be overridden by this option.

Hi, if you set this option to YES it has the following effect:

If you haven't done the above procedure, instead of the AIs having the default white, red, blue colors they use the player's skin, so you end up with a grid full of "teammates" sort of speak. All cars use the player's skin.

But if you have done the above procedure it has no effect, cause the AIs will use the skins you gave them with the AI 1, AI 2, AI 3... procedure.
Thanks KMSpeed. That works nicely

V
It doesn't work for me.

I have renamed 5 AI drivers and gave each AI a skin with the same name.
But when I start a race I see that the AI use the 5 skins but in in random order, so not the right skin on the right AI car.

The option "AI use player colours" "yes" or "no" has no effect on this.
It works, there's no doubt about it so my guess is that you are doing something wrong probably due to the renaming of the AIs. Spaces and colors in names can be tricky if you are not careful.

And yes the option "AI use player colours" has no effect on this, see post #14.

PS
The procedure I describe in post #12 is slighlty different with patch X, because Scawen implemented a new more intuitive approach on selecting skins.
The right step by step procedure for patch X is this.

1. Make sure you are using the default AI names for now.
2. Go to Garage.
3. Click on the "New Colours" button.
4. Select a skin from the skin-list that pops up.
5. Now you see that a new colour scheme has been created after the name of the skin.
6. Click on the "Rename" button (located below the "New Colours" button).
7. In the box that pops up write AI 1

Repeat these steps for AI 2, AI 3, ... AI 20. Just replace the AI 1 name at step 7 with the new one.

For your convenience I suggest to press that "New Colours" button one more time and create a new profile named MySkin or something and use this for your player.
KM Speed has it right..

I downloaded as many MRT skins I could find as I love raceing offline in them and now ALL of my 20 AI drivers have a different skin.. it reminds me on being online again

:hippy::dnfnoob::hippy:

:munching_
Quote from Chris758 :Can other people see your skins while in Demo mode? Today I saw some players on the demo server with custom skins, but I thought that was only possible on S2.

DEMO SERVER??? Where the heck it that located?
Works!
This works for me :

1. Choose skin for your car
2. Go to menu
3. Add AI driver (they are usually in the selected skin)
4. Repeat.
Quote from piggy501 :This works for me :

1. Choose skin for your car
2. Go to menu
3. Add AI driver (they are usually in the selected skin)
4. Repeat.

Yeah but I hate it, when you have to do it every race. So I like the second post
#24 - Jek
Thanks ! Works perfectly
Hi There!
how can i get hold of car skins or make my own?

Skins on the AI cars
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG