The online racing simulator
I found this pic (from beta tester?)
Take a look:

I believe this is some edit by someone of how the sets could be saved in LFS.
Actually it has the idea there which I've had, have a folder for every track
Yeah, I doubt Scawen would use the term "and what sucks". Just not his style I don't think.

Probably, almost certainly, a photoshop. But I think LFS doesneed something like this. Especially when we get more tracks, which I except we will eventually.
Quote from RudiTurbo :I believe this is some edit by someone of how the sets could be saved in LFS.
Actually it has the idea there which I've had, have a folder for every track

And how do you access to those folders? There is not a navigator in LFS, isn't it?
Quote :But I think LFS doesneed something like this. Especially when we get more tracks, which I except we will eventually.

Definetely. Even now the setup lists become a bit confuse (at least mine), since the maximum number of characters doesn't really allow descriptive names if you want to have track names in them as well...
#6 - AndyC
It could do with something similar I guess. At the moment thhough i'm fine with just putting 09 BW or 41 SQCLASSIC
Quote from TRM.13 :And how do you access to those folders? There is not a navigator in LFS, isn't it?

How about you look at the "screenshot"?

On the very top you can see a "Tracks" section which clearly represents the different folders. You can create new and delete existing ones there. As soon as you click on one of those "Tracks" buttons, "drag stirp" for example, the setup list on the right changes to those contained in the corresponding folder.
The person who photoshopped this spelled Strip and City wrong...

Its a good idea, though it could be confusing to new people..
Quote from Vendetta :The person who photoshopped this spelled Strip and City wrong...

Its a good idea, though it could be confusing to new people..

In how? Every single racing sim I played from Grand Prix 2 up to now had this feature... so i guess, people in generall got quite familiar with such a system
Maybe a drop-down menu would be more suitable? And btw. isn't that pic edited from S1 (menu buttons...)?
Do you think creating an external app to handle this would be a good idea for the time being?

Has there been any comment from Scawen as to how high in priority this feature is?
Well, we have 744 different combos for track/car and 24 different tracks at least plus the drag strips and such . So creating buttons like RAC@AS5 or trackspecific SO1-alikes is not a good idea imho. And there is no way or organizing the buttons

So there's no "file-browser" in lfs? But there is a "sorting function, by name and date" in the replay menu so we could have that name-sorted thingie to organize settings in alphabetical order? But two dropdown-menus is the best (if lfs have these, I doubt) me thinks. One for car and other for track, no need for the user to start creating different buttons...Of course it would be nice if the lfs opened the right setting area when a track or car is chosen Also making the lfs have those copy/paste buttons is nice, though we have a kb shortcuts for these already.
This pic is an edited pic by a Dutch student from the Technical Univeristy from Delft. It probably was an assignment where he had to tell what he would like to improve in a certain program.

And uh, how about highlighted setups in the normal setup list for setups that are meant for the track? Like you choose SO Classic Rev, and click on the setup and then, COMBINE TO TRACK. This way it will be highlighted whenever you choose the track again. But you will also be able to see every other setup for the car like you do normally.
If I remember correctly, this was an edit by someone who wanted special features to sort your setups.

A good idea though, and I really want it :up: :up:
Quote from AndroidXP :How about you look at the "screenshot"?

On the very top you can see a "Tracks" section which clearly represents the different folders. You can create new and delete existing ones there. As soon as you click on one of those "Tracks" buttons, "drag stirp" for example, the setup list on the right changes to those contained in the corresponding folder.

Can you do it now in LFS? I don't understand you...
I don't understand why i'd want to go through those folders anyways, just
display the setups for the track presently loaded. Either that or a button
to toggle between ALL and ThisTrack.
Quote from Fonnybone :I don't understand why i'd want to go through those folders anyways, just
display the setups for the track presently loaded. Either that or a button
to toggle between ALL and ThisTrack.

Yeah sounds reasonable. Maybe a toggle button that goes through "All", "This location" and "This track". "This location" would mean all for South City for example.
Quote from TRM.13 :
Can you do it now in LFS? I don't understand you...

Err, no? This is NOT a REAL screenshot, it's photoshopped. I think it was just sort of an suggestion/idea on how to improve the setup screen. As you can see there are still the old buttons, so that screen is quite outdated. But the idea remains.
Setups for current track and then some menu like we have skins menu (Colors -> Skins (etc.)) .
Yeah, that sounds good. Would be a better place for the edit/comments box also

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG