The online racing simulator
new sounds are great improvement...but...
new sounds are great improvement...but...I am suprised they didn't add in road noise/debris noise as speed increases a la csr sound remixer and brake sqeaul...etc. in patch V...well maybe next patch...

I am also guessing they haven't added cold/green fade on the race cars and hot fade on the street cars yet either...haven't been able to try it that much yet...
#2 - axus
Scawen prefers taking data out of the sim for everything he does - ie. there's no drivetrain play simulated so you won't hear the scratchy noise now that you normally get in a race car when you lift. Brake fade is not simulated so you won't get brake squeal. Once these things are simulated, I'm sure the sounds will be added for them accordingly. Also, keep your eyes open for sound updates in about 3 weeks maybe, when Scawen gets back from holiday - I think he'll mess around with them for a bit before continuing with incompatible work on the next physics patch.

Disclaimer: Don't take my words for fact. I'm just guessing. Doing so may have adverse effects on your health.
Quote from axus :Scawen prefers taking data out of the sim for everything he does - ie. there's no drivetrain play simulated so you won't hear the scratchy noise now that you normally get in a race car when you lift. Brake fade is not simulated so you won't get brake squeal. Once these things are simulated, I'm sure the sounds will be added for them accordingly. Also, keep your eyes open for sound updates in about 3 weeks maybe, when Scawen gets back from holiday - I think he'll mess around with them for a bit before continuing with incompatible work on the next physics patch.

I'd be very very careful about saying things like that Anton, as it can become 'the truth', and then people will whine if it doesn't happen.
Just remember the sound (like everything else) is WIP. Scawen has said in another thread that the new sounds are very much still at experimentation stage.
#5 - axus
Quote from tristancliffe :I'd be very very careful about saying things like that Anton, as it can become 'the truth', and then people will whine if it doesn't happen.

True. Sorry. Edited accordingly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG