The online racing simulator
Minimum System Requirements
(6 posts, started )
Lol well I was bored. So I put LFS on my old PC...
-Intel Pentium @ 333mhz
-64MB 66mhz RAM
-No sound card illepall
-Shitty 8MB Video card (110mhz core, 115mhz clock)
-13" VGA Moniter

And...
the game ran...
640x480 16, everything turned off, simple tracks, lowest special effects, mirrors off. Bumber cam ran an average of 10fps running a lap around Blackwood.
That just goes to show that the phrase "My comp is too crappy to run LFS" isn't true.
~Bryan~
if u go to the in car view and turn off the interior V until u get it or F then u gain quite a few fps
YEEEEE. I might break the 15fps mark, haha. No thanks, I'll stick with 40fps on my shitty XP Home.
~Bryan~
actually when i do it , it gives me about 25 fps.
but i normally have already 80-85, so no real need for it
Quote from dropin_biking :Bumber cam ran an average of 10fps running a lap around Blackwood.
That just goes to show that the phrase "My comp is too crappy to run LFS" isn't true.
~Bryan~

Most certainly does NOT show that phrase to be true. 10 FPS is not capable of racing in LFS. Your frames will be choppy, your control inputs will be severly delayed, and you would be a danger of others trying to have a good race out on the track.

I get where you're coming from though. My 6 yr old daughter races with me on her networked computer. Celeron 667 MHz, 512 mb ram, and 11 mb shared onboard Intel Xtreme graphics. She sees around 30 fps while racing networked with my machine or by herself. That's about all we could do is 2 cars total. And, boy, does that 640z480x16 really look horrible.

EDIT: Ha, just loaded up the copy of 0.5Q on the Celeron 667 MHz and it is actually running 1024x768x16 with HVS on, Haze effect on, simple wheels off, all LOD's maxed, Z-buffer at 24 and I jumped on a track. 30 FPS. That is now with my old pci Radeon 9250 card rather than the onboard though. Plenty playable bay yourself, but barely. I see noticable controller lag when I dip down around 25 FPS on my machine (from too many cars on the servers).
Lol well I've got XP Home on an Intel Celeron 2.2ghz, 224MB of ram, and a shitty 32MB intergrated video card. My frames are about 40-50 alone, 30 with a full grid, and about 35 when recording in FRAPS. God I love my Celeron. (This is 1280x1024, everything maxed, 2xAA, 4xAF)
~Bryan~

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG