The online racing simulator
Suggestion for the Redline Servers
I hope somebody from the Redline Servers reads this (or maybe somebody got a email address from them). I enjoy Racing at the Redline Servers and would like to ask if it is possible to not only host the FOX?

The FOX is fun to drive and so are the other Formula cars, it would be nice if we could get some variety every now and then. Like on one day you could host the FOX, the next one the Formula V8 and the following day the F1, this would be very nice to Race on your Servers. Thanks for hosting.
#2 - Goop
I reckon there's enough BF1 servers, but :up: to RR mixing up the tracks a bit, and using the FO8 as well.

Such great servers, just needs some variety guys :cyclops:
Sorry folks, the problem isn't the Redline Servers (or Conedodger's for the GTR/AS3). The problem is us, the community. All I ever hear anymore is "can we race something other than FOX at Blackwood or GTRs at Aston". Yes, we can. Redline and Conedodgers isn't the only two servers out there. There are plenty of servers with many different configs. Problem is, the racers continue to go to the same server with the same combo (myself included). If everyone would get in the same thoughts, then we could race somewhere else. I've tried, but you go to an empty server and sit all night because no one else goes. They just connect yet again to the same old server and same old combo.

LET'S GO, RACING COMMUNITY! LET'S GO RACE SOMETHING ELSE FOR A CHANGE!!!! 800+ combinations (or unfortunately just 2 combos if you want to actually race with other humans.)
STCC does a good job of that.

The server changes track every 6 races. It doesnt get boring (only on AS National sometimes ).
#5 - VoiD
cya on STTC New&Bronze, or a bit later on STTC Silver&Gold...
#6 - VoiD
Without a licence...? No!
Hi i race for redline racing we have 3 server and for the past couple of months onlt redline racing and redline racing 3 really get used the other server redlineracing 2 which was running tbo south city sprint 1 didnt get used and now get used for a upcoming league that the team is going to be taking part in soon but if you can tell me a combo you would like on it i would be more than happy to set redline racing 2 to that combo

Thanks for your advice

Redline Barlin
sorry missed some bits out

No we cant make it automated but we could set it so the combo can be changed by anyone (But we dont want to and arnt going to do that)

And to email us contact redline_racing@hotmail.co.uk or for me personally (probally quoicker lol) tombarlin@hotmail.com
Quote from Mike85 :What if they made totaly automated servers for all possibel combos. They would run 24/7. AI controled. So you could drive whatever you wanted.

Then the problem would be getting people on there.

But could it be done?

Well there ARE lots of servers running where you can simplay join and select the track/car you like to run. It's not the problem of servers not available it's simply that people go on servers where other people are.
Quote from GeForz :Well there ARE lots of servers running...

That's all that needs to be said. Here it is:

6 - AS Cadet
3 - AS Cadet Rev
26 - AS Club
3 - AS Club Rev
3 - AS GP
1 - AS GT Rev
5 - AS Hist.
2 - AS Hist. Rev
27 - AS National
10 - AS North
1 - AS North Rev
4 - Drag
13 - Autocross
1 - Skid Pad
6 - BL Car Park
54 - BL GP
11 - BL GP Rev
7 - BL Rallycross
2 - BL Rallycross Rev
3 - FE Black
2 - FE Black Rev
14 - FE Club
4 - FE Club Rev
6 - FE Gold
5 - FE Gold Rev
5 - FE Green
1 - FE Green Rev
2 - FE Rallycross
1 - FE Rallycross Rev
2 - FE Rally Green
1 - FE Rally Green Rev
7 - KY GP Long
1 - KY GP Long Rev
6 - KY National
2 - KY National Rev
9 - KY Oval
4 - KY Oval Rev
6 - SO Long
5 - SO Long Rev
12 - SO Classic
4 - SO Classic Rev
2 - SO Sprint 1
1 - SO Sprint 1 Rev
5 - SO Town
2 - SO Town Rev
12 - Westhill
7 - Westhill Rev

316 public servers available

Now car classes:

63 with all cars enabled
12 with Demo cars only
15 TBO only
28 LFR available
30 FWD GTRs available
47 big GTRs available
77 with various Single seater available.

Plenty of places for us to race and race different stuff than the same old combo. The problem is, getting everyone to go somewhere different.

I like how "same boring 3 cars and 1 track" comes up all the time about the demo. S2 is the same way, LOL. Except it is pretty much same boring 2 car classes running on the same boring 2 or 3 tracks, FOX at BL or AS Club and GTRs at AS National.
Quote from mrodgers :Sorry folks, the problem isn't the Redline Servers (or Conedodger's for the GTR/AS3).

LET'S GO, RACING COMMUNITY! LET'S GO RACE SOMETHING ELSE FOR A CHANGE!!!! 800+ combinations (or unfortunately just 2 combos if you want to actually race with other humans.)

At ConeDodgers we have 3 servers

[CD] 1 on AS3 for GTR's - Always full
[CD] 2 on WE1 for GTR's - Was full for the first 3 days but now empty
[CD] 3 on AS1 for MRT - Was full for the first 3 days but now empty

The main thing is the server having someone on to start with. If i logon to [CD] 2 or 3 first thing in the morning, so the server appears in the (full) list on the master server others join and once you get 5 drivers on the server it will fill up and stay full most of the day, but once it gets below 5 it will soon empty.

What people want is full grids which in turn gives good races, they seem to like to have a moan and chat, swap sets and ideas.

People race FOX as its easy to drive.
People drive GTR's as they look good.
People drive AS3 as its easy to learn

So if you want people to race another combo simply logon to an empty server. Get 4 other mates to race with you and the server will fill up.

If they all leave its because they dont like the combo nothing more and nothing less, normally thats because they have never tried it before and can't post a good time.

I have tried it and can get a server full within an hour but out of the 800 combos, only a few combos will stay full without a lot of effort.

"Build it and they will come"
I found 10 servers running only the FO8 and if that´s not enough I´ve set [noobs] cow (iB) to FO8 @ Kyoto National. Use it and enjoy... although I doubt many people will. As said before the problem really isn´t that there aren´t servers running different combos. The problem is to find people who would race there.:worried:
Thanks for the Replys. I do think that if people see there favourite Servers, such as Redline or Conedodgers, running a other car they are far more likely to join than if suddenly a new Server shows up that hosts the F1 for example.

The only Races you can take the F1 is on the Oval Junkies Server, I do in general like Oval tracks but this Oval Track in LFS is rather boring. I love Oval Tracks such as Indianapolis, Lowes, Texas, California, or Michigan, where you have to brake and balance your car threw the corners in a good flow... but the LFS Oval track is not like that and has a strange design. But I rather stop now taking my own Thread Off Topic...

tombarlin, thank for your Response, so we it is possible to run other Combos on Redline Servers every now and then, but not Automated... May I suggest running the Formula V8 on Aston National on Friday, if possible a whole day?

We might get a big Starting Grid on that Server with clean Racing this would be great. What you say tombarlin? Is it possible to run the Formula V8 the whole Friday on Aston National?
Quote from George Kuyumji :Thanks for the Replys. I do think that if people see there favourite Servers, such as Redline or Conedodgers, running a other car they are far more likely to join than if suddenly a new Server shows up that hosts the F1 for example.

If that happened the result would be, like people have said, full for a few days then empty as people moved to another server running the classic combo's that they know well.

The STCC server changing track is great, but when you add in the faster cars like the FOX, FO8 and then the BF1 changing to a track that a few people don't know suddenley becomes a nightmare and everyone crashes or gets spaced out so that there is no racing, just learning the track. Then people wont stick around to take the time to learn the track.

I understand wanting to race other combo's, I'd do it myself but there just isn't enough and all online at the same time to make that work well enough. There are servers out there with what you want, they are just empty.

But, saying all that, if you can get enough people to make the effort to sit in an empty server until a few people come along you might make it work.
Quote from garph :
But, saying all that, if you can get enough people to make the effort to sit in an empty server until a few people come along you might make it work.

That's what I do. Just join a server with a combo you fancy and start a quali session. Before you know it a couple of people will have joined you. Once you get to about 4 or 5 racers it starts to snowball and you can often end up with a full server
Quote from Gentlefoot :That's what I do. Just join a server with a combo you fancy and start a quali session. Before you know it a couple of people will have joined you. Once you get to about 4 or 5 racers it starts to snowball and you can often end up with a full server

I have seen that on our Muroc server too =)
Thats fine I will set Redline Racing 2 up for AS National FO8 althought may get changed for practicing etc every now and again
Had a lot of good Races yesterday on Redline in the F08. Thanks alot
No problem i enjoyed that combo myself thanks for the suggestion
#20 - ukg
wats the redline racing site ne1?
Quote :What if they made totaly automated servers for all possibel combos. They would run 24/7. AI controled. So you could drive whatever you wanted.

Then the problem would be getting people on there.

But could it be done?

It is possible, the ukct FOX club server, GTR club server, LRF club server all feature rotating tracks and auto-race restarting - aswell as good pings for 'most' people. Additionally the odd compo club server changes car aswell.

ukct GTR Club: lfs://|%28iB%29+ukct+GTR+Club|0|S2|/
ukct LRF Club: lfs://|%28iB%29+ukct+LRF+Club|0|S2|/
ukct FOX Club: lfs://|%28iB%29+ukct+FOX+Club|0|S2|/
ukct Odd Compo Club: lfs://|%28iB%29ukct.net+Odd+Compo+Club|0|S2|/

Then of course my own servers which offer something similar with STD and TBO class cars.

STCC STD S1: lfs://|STCC+1a+New+%26+Bronze|0|S1|/
STCC STD S2: lfs://|STCC+1b+New+%26+Bronze|0|S2|/
STCC TBO (requires license): lfs://|STCC+2+Public+Silver+%26+Gold|0|S2|/

Also there is the odd combo club which you can set the config via a web page - but I dont know the details.
#22 - Jakg
The on you set the combo on manually is here

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG