The online racing simulator
help plz
(8 posts, started )
help plz
How do I make my server able to be seen by other players. I can make the server, but I have my friends search it and they can't find it. So I need to know how they can see it. If I can figure this out, I am going to start a league for anyone. It would have races every night in eastern time. around seven so if anyone can help me out it would help me start this exciting league...

PLZ HELP IF POSSIBLE.

THANKS, Racer Hero
#2 - garph
#3 - Jakg
Quote from racer hero :How do I make my server able to be seen by other players. I can make the server, but I have my friends search it and they can't find it. So I need to know how they can see it. If I can figure this out, I am going to start a league for anyone. It would have races every night in eastern time. around seven so if anyone can help me out it would help me start this exciting league...

PLZ HELP IF POSSIBLE.

THANKS, Racer Hero

Have you forwarded the ports?
what do you mean forwarded the ports?
#5 - garph
Quote from racer hero :what do you mean forwarded the ports?

Can you read the link I posted........and search the Tech Assist forum for an answer! Someone has probably had the same problem and there is an answer just sat there waiting for you!
I just made it again...I am at the page where it says join race but I want to leave it but not end the game...what do I do???
#7 - Jakg
erm - your hosting, you cant leave!
Quote from racer hero :I just made it again...I am at the page where it says join race but I want to leave it but not end the game...what do I do???

If you want to run the game constantly, without using the "full client", I suggest using the dedicated server.

Using the "full client", you must be within the game for it to be running.

I suggest reading the following thread, which not only attempts to explain the differences between the dedicated and full client, but also attempts to talk you through setting up a server and how to diagnose basic problems without being too technical:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9572

If you're still not clear please feel free to post any questions.

help plz
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG