The online racing simulator
Racing plea from a champion!
(17 posts, started )
Hi chaps,

I am a keen online racer but also race for real - I have just won the UK Porsche 924 championship and am now badgering evetybody for sponsorship to allow me to progress to the Porsche Club in a 944.

Please see www.duckman.co.uk for my details.

The reason for this post is to try and raise awareness of my attempts to gain funds at:

www.helpmerace.co.uk

If any of you feel generous, its only a pound!!!

Thanks for reading my post - hopefully you will find many more like it as I attempt to get my word across!

Gazza
I'm gonna pay £1 now but I should be able to give a bit more after Christmas (£19 to bring the total from me up to £20 )
Cool. What game do you race online? I see you have only one online race on LFS World
1st post here and you're trying to get money off people, z0mg
Quote from DejaVu :1st post here and you're trying to get money off people, z0mg

He's not making anybody GIVE, he just wants help and support, nothing wrong with that.
If it's a success, I might try the same technique. I know for a fact that funding a racing habit isn't easy
I don't know, Tristan. They are already flaming about him only having 1 post on the forum here and asking for help. It's not like you are the leader of the sadness ratings or anything and much of an active member of the community here, hehe .

Now if it was Jakg asking, well, he is a very active member of the community. I'm sure he'd get much support.

Wait until you've proven yourself an active member here, Tristan, before asking.
Jakg, F1 Champion for 2015!
Tristan, Jakg's Tyre-Washer for 2015!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Jakg, F1 Champion for 2015!
Tristan, Jakg's Tyre-Washer for 2015!

Ill give a pound for that
Ouch 25 grand for a years racing in a 944, they said Porsches were expensive to race and the last I saw of a racing 944 ended up having it's roof cut off to get the driver out after having a particuarly nasty and lucky escape (for driver and 3 marshalls) after a trip through the barrier and marshalls post at Corum, which leads to an important lesson in race car preperation, don't weld your rollcage to the roof as it makes cutting the roof off a little bit more tricky

Anyway mate wish you the best of luck in raising the money.
#11 - Vain
Just an idea to help your fund raising campaign:
You could install a video-recorder in the car and host an onboard-video for the donators. That would cost you very few money, but would give the donators something back which they will really enjoy.
After all, most people who donate will be motorsports fans. They will really enjoy a nice onboard video.

Vain
No offence but i think you should pay for you own fun , no one sticks there hand in there pocket for anyone here to race LFS (parents excluded)...

I hope you do well in your racing but i feel my spare cash is better directed to a worthy charity not on fuel for your porsche (specially when i,m driving a corolla illepall)
Erm, real racing is rather more expensive than LFS. £24 just about buys a balaclava in reality, not the whole racing sim with 19 cars

Funding racing IS difficult, and sometimes you do have to come up with ways of generating money - lots of people have asked groups of people for £1 before, and now we have that on our forum. Whether or not he is a regular player doesn't matter a jot - he's bought S2, so he's paid as much as most here.

If YOU don't want to pay him richo then don't, but don't let envy make you say nasty things about him. I'm sure if wanted to race a Posrche in real life but didn't quite have the budget you'd consider asking 'random people'.

I hope that some people do give him some money. I have just this second pledged £5 towards his goal. Merry Christmas
Totally agree with Tristan here he's has an innovative way of trying to raise money for his racing, he's not pressurizing people or anything. I wish him luck but personally am not interested in giving him money, yes if there was a more attractive offer then maybe I would. Have you got an issue with professional racing teams using sponsorship? Thought not
That kind of gets to me a bit there, Tristan. I certainly would love to race a Porsche myself. I also don't have the funds to do it. You know what I do instead? I extrude, expand, and mold expanded polypropylene foam beads into automotive bumpers, seats, doorpanels, floor underlayment, etc.

See, racing is one of two things. It is a hobby, where if you don't have the funds to play, then you don't play. Don't expect people to dish out their hard earned money so you can go play.

Else, racing is your job. If you don't have the funds to continue that job, or don't have company sponsorship to fund you where you supply said company with something of value, then you must obviously go find another job. Again, don't expect people to dish out their hard earned money so you can go make money without using your own.

You know, it's foolish. I leave and go to work every day at 6 in the morning and get home sometimes at 7 or 8 at night. I get paid a little bit for this, but my work makes the company much more money than they give me. So, I'd like to buy my own plastics extruder, pressure reactor, and steam chest molding press and make EPP foam to sell myself instead of making it for someone else to make money on. I think I'll attempt to fund it by asking normal everyday working people like myself now to send me money so I can buy the equipment and fund my new found business illepall .
Tristan, i work in an automotive spare parts store and i get asked to donate funds for ppls racing activities constantly,i also race a kart which i fund myself
as i should, wether its racing or ball room dancing i think its more than fair to pay for you own enterainment....

As for an advertisment on race cars unless your supporting a good car in a major series then the return is sfa imho ( having sponsored some cars over the years)

As i said before good luck in your racing ,

Envy maybe i guess but alot of ppl work there entire lives to buy something like that let alone race one if you get my drift..
i know it may not be easy, but sell the 928 on ebay that would be hell for me to do though as i am a huge porsche fanatic to bad a 13 year old cant buy one im contentwith my dads 95 firebird formula ex: all steel body corvette Z06

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG